Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 54334 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #240 on: September 04, 2016, 02:05:48 am »
Oh, that's where I'm supposed to review the communications. (I don't think it has everything but I'll see).

Thanks, Rin for the info.  I really appreciate it.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 04, 2016, 02:55:11 am »
So, for the idols Omoide and Burst level, I have to keep using memories and burst for that particular idol to level it up?  (Do I have to do everyone?  Seems like it'll take awhile)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 05:29:52 am by mariokirby »

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2016, 06:10:10 am »
If you're going for the platinum you'll very likely max out everyone's burst and omoide before you get it.

I'm 150,000 fans away from getting my first Idol to rank S and three of my characters have the two at level 20

Everything in this game takes a while unfortunately :/

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2016, 10:04:10 am »
So, for the idols Omoide and Burst level, I have to keep using memories and burst for that particular idol to level it up?  (Do I have to do everyone?  Seems like it'll take awhile)

You can also do the corresponding lessons or use burst cookies/omoide candles

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 06, 2016, 02:04:34 am »
I finished the Ex Live and on rank B.  The grind for 10 million fans is going to be very tedious and time consuming.

And, now for more questions.

1) On my list of outfits/accessories that I'm wearing it says Lv1 for each accessory/costume.  How do I level this up?

2) I began using Master songs, and it seems pretty difficult to perfect combo.  I perfect combo Pro songs pretty easily.  How important is it to mastering Master songs? 

3)  I'm at the point where I need to grind for fans/exp.  I understand lessons/paid promotions can help, but I only have so much money.  Plus, the dice game isn't very reliable even if I'm wearing an outfit that gives 2 extra hearts (so 2 extra dice).  I have an outfit that gives +20% fans, but the lives don't give very much fans.  Like I'm only getting close to 6000 fans per live and that's with the outfit.  That's going to take forever.  If I reach A rank, will there be better lives that I can earn a lot more fans?  Are there anymore recommendations for grinding for fans?

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2016, 02:50:42 am »
I finished the Ex Live and on rank B.  The grind for 10 million fans is going to be very tedious and time consuming.

And, now for more questions.

1) On my list of outfits/accessories that I'm wearing it says Lv1 for each accessory/costume.  How do I level this up?

2) I began using Master songs, and it seems pretty difficult to perfect combo.  I perfect combo Pro songs pretty easily.  How important is it to mastering Master songs? 

3)  I'm at the point where I need to grind for fans/exp.  I understand lessons/paid promotions can help, but I only have so much money.  Plus, the dice game isn't very reliable even if I'm wearing an outfit that gives 2 extra hearts (so 2 extra dice).  I have an outfit that gives +20% fans, but the lives don't give very much fans.  Like I'm only getting close to 6000 fans per live and that's with the outfit.  That's going to take forever.  If I reach A rank, will there be better lives that I can earn a lot more fans?  Are there anymore recommendations for grinding for fans?
1.combine same accessories in tailor shop

3.No

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2016, 08:19:23 am »
The costumes from DL live 1 and 4 give +3 hearts, if your idol has 5 hearts (which you more or less need to ex clear the DL lives) you have 8 dice for the paid promotions and reaching a dice score of 30 becomes quite easy

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2016, 05:32:09 pm »

It depends on if you're getting really close to the score threshold and are missing by say a couple thousand points. The thing about difficulty is that it affects the amount of notes a song has. I think the thread on scoring mechanics and strategies has more information, but I know when you get a 10 chain, you get an extra 50 points added to your score. the extra points increase by 25 for every rank the song you're playing reaches. It goes up to 275, but there's a leg accessory that adds an additional 50 or 100 points to it. Take the song "Go My Way!" for example. On debut, it has 94 notes, which means at most you can get (9*375) points if you have it at rank 10. If you were to play it on master, you would potentially have the chance of getting (27*375) points instead. The game does some sort of wacky thing that balances the amount of points you get for normal notes to compensate for the lack of notes. I would get around 90 points for a regular note on master, but I would get around 360 per note on debut.

I think after a certain point (namely if you have 5-8 hearts and a high Omoide stat,) duo/trio drives will actually be more beneficial than the chain bonus accessory. That's super way later into the game though.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 07, 2016, 05:54:23 pm »
The costumes from DL live 1 and 4 give +3 hearts

1.  My list of DL lives shows several lives.  How do I know which one is #1 and #4?  Is it mixed up or is it ordered from top to bottom?

2.  Is there a good way to grind for hearts?  It seems going from 4 to 5 takes a really long time.  I've used the Valentine chocolate but it seems to barely increases it when you have 4 hearts.  And, Valentine day comes once a year in the game.

And, thank you everyone for helping me out .
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:04:40 pm by mariokirby »

Hime Idol

• Ohimechin is life!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #249 on: September 07, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »
1.  My list of DL lives shows several lives.  How do I know which one is #1 and #4?  Is it mixed up or is it ordered from top to bottom?

2.  Is there a good way to grind for hearts?  It seems going from 4 to 5 takes a really long time.  I've used the Valentine chocolate but it seems to barely increases it when you have 4 hearts.  And, Valentine day comes once a year in the game.

And, thank you everyone for helping me out .

1. Starts from the bottom up. You top one should for the 4th DL Live "KEEP OUT".

2. Not really, just use the idols and the corresponding items that help increase the heart gauge. It seems that after reaching the 4th heart the progress is slowed considerably.
I'd appreciate any help anyone has to offer. The games and DLCs are very expensive and I'd really appreciate whatever you guys can send. My PayPal.Me link: paypal.me/HimeIdol

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2016, 02:06:21 am »
How do you sell extra outfits and accessories?

I have a few extras adding up but I can't figure out how to sell them.

Thank you

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2016, 02:12:36 am »
If you want to sell extras (usually cause you hit max level of the items in question and combining more is pointless):

Go to the p-pad (far right option, the options) and select the first tab (the one that has a diamond in it, top left option on the pad).

You'll see your items.

The L1/R1 tabs will move between items, costumes, and accessories.

Select the costume/accessory that you'd like to sell copies of.

Hit Triangle.

Select which ones you want to sell using Circle.

Hit triangle again, then say yes to the prompt.

If I get that wrong, it's because it might be another button, but you can sell from that screen.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

TheBluePhone

• Woo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2016, 04:59:56 am »
So I bought Yayoi's mail, partly because she's my favorite, and partly because I wanted to see how much of a boost it gave to the heart gain from Level 4 to 5. It doesn't really seem to boost it by much, and even if it did, it doesn't activate often at all. I've run through about 20 weeks and had it activate once.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2016, 07:21:00 am »
1. Starts from the bottom up. You top one should for the 4th DL Live "KEEP OUT".

Unfortunately, I don't have the required outfit type for DL Live #1 and #4 to get the smiling face.  How did you all get those costume types?  I've been Ex clearing so many lives and yet I never came across those costume types.  Or am I reading it wrong? 

Because for All star lives/Medleys, I believe the costume type says could be anything so you can wear whatever you want.  At least that's what I think it means.

Also, for DL lives #2 and #3, I managed to get to the 4th part (A rank live) but the requirement now is too high for me to reach. How did you all beat it?  What level were you on?

So I bought Yayoi's mail, partly because she's my favorite, and partly because I wanted to see how much of a boost it gave to the heart gain from Level 4 to 5. It doesn't really seem to boost it by much, and even if it did, it doesn't activate often at all. I've run through about 20 weeks and had it activate once.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the mail boost just boost your idol's Omoide by 50%? for 1 week.  I don't think it has to do anything with hearts.  Yes, that grind for the 5th heart is very time-consuming.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:44:34 am by mariokirby »

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2016, 07:55:23 am »
Unfortunately, I don't have the required outfit type for DL Live #1 and #4 to get the smiling face.  How did you all get those costume types?  I've been Ex clearing so many lives and yet I never came across those costume types.  Or am I reading it wrong? 

Because for All star lives/Medleys, I believe the costume type says could be anything so you can wear whatever you want.  At least that's what I think it means.

Also, for DL lives #2 and #3, I managed to get to the 4th part (A rank live) but the requirement now is too high for me to reach. How did you all beat it?  What level were you on?

You get those costumes as a reward for EX-clearing those lives.
As to how to do that: just level up your girls and a song.
If you fullcombo 10lvl kiramekirari/do-dai, lvl 50-55 girls with max omoide/burst should be enough.