Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 47470 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2016, 10:35:55 am »
it might have been coincidence, but i got live kakumei de show to rank 3 and at the same time a B rank quintet called kakumei de show time appeared, although i have ex cleared all B rank events quite some time ago

Btw: is there an A rank quintet event? I have cleared all A rank events i have (not ex cleared though) and none of them is a quintet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:48:09 am by Naryoril »

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2016, 11:20:20 am »
Btw: is there an A rank quintet event? I have cleared all A rank events i have (not ex cleared though) and none of them is a quintet.

Nope. I have them all EX cleared, and there's only one full page of events.

Hinatax01

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2016, 02:06:46 am »
it might have been coincidence, but i got live kakumei de show to rank 3 and at the same time a B rank quintet called kakumei de show time appeared, although i have ex cleared all B rank events quite some time ago

It wasn't a coincidence.  You also get one for getting Happy to rank 3 (but not for the other songs)

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2016, 03:54:56 am »
Is the best live to farm just the one with the most fans/exp that you have? Kinda sucks the DL live prevents you from getting S rank gifts outside of the costume. That should get patched to where after owning the costume the loot tables change.
PSN Reikuo

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2016, 07:52:07 am »
personally i'd say the best live to farm is the one with the most fans, yes. I don't know about the S rank events which will unlock, but you will easily be able to ex clear everything else long long before you get the 10 million fans needed for S rank, so xp are not as important.

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2016, 11:07:25 am »
Anyone know how to unlocked most rank A costume.
I don't see them in present list.
By using gold card?

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2016, 11:48:26 am »
Anyone know how to unlocked most rank A costume.
I don't see them in present list.
By using gold card?

a few pages back in this thread someone wrote that they are unlocked by clearing a solo event which unlocks after reaching S rank. Each idol apparently has a different event with a different costume to unlock.

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2016, 01:10:16 pm »
a few pages back in this thread someone wrote that they are unlocked by clearing a solo event which unlocks after reaching S rank. Each idol apparently has a different event with a different costume to unlock.
Ah yes just found it. Now need to go back grinding fans.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »
Does anyone know a suepr fast way to get fans? Want to get Makoto, Chihaya, and Hibiki (My highest players at B Rank) to A Rank, but it's taking so long to grind.

Is there any faster way or is it just grind fest for a few weeks?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2016, 09:01:05 pm »
This may be worth a separate topic, I'm not quite sure. It's not so much information to work with, as much as it is just something to keep in mind. So I'll just post it here for now, at least.

I've picked apart how the present generation works, more or less. For starters, Normal presents seem to be earned when you have five or less NBGI logos appear during a live. This is consistent across all songs and difficulties. The number of logos has no correlation to the number of presents you will receive. In several instances I had 4 logos appear and got no presents, and in another I had just one logo appear in the entire duration of a live and received two presents. Also as a side note, P drops work in the opposite way, if I understood correctly. Normally the number of logos only indicates the type of present and has nothing to do with the number you will receive. Again, I may have misunderstood but I think P drops increase the number of presents you will get and do not affect the type of present. If anyone can confirm or disprove this, it'd be appreciated.

As for my sample size, of 30 lives, 21 of them were only in Normal present range(11 of which yielded no presents), 7 of them gave Silver presents, and 2 gave Gold presents. This may not be consistent with everyone, and there is always going to be room for more developments here, but I'd say the least accurate part could be considered to be the number of Gold presents.

This is an interesting part. With assistance, I found that Silver presents are obtained when at least very close to(almost exactly)33% of notes matched in a live have logos attached. For example, if there are 200 total notes, 66 of them should have logos. The number can be more or slightly less than 33%, and occasionally is, but the difference shouldn't be too extreme. This is very easy to distinguish from when a Normal present may be received, of course. To further clarify, I tested recently with Kiramekirari on Master difficulty and earned a Silver present with exactly 120 of the 358 of the notes having logos.

What may be tricky is being able to tell when a Gold present will be received. I do still want to get more info on this bit, but I'll go from what I have available right now. I tested all of this with 99 Nights on Pro difficulty when I first started. For Silver presents, the number of logos seems to vary from 69 to 85. The problem is that the gap between Silver and Gold is rather small in this case, as in the two instances that I received Gold presents during my testing, I had just 6 more logos(at 91)appear than the highest Silver number. As I've said, I do want to get more on this because this seems a bit difficult. Not to mention the percentage of logos to total notes seems pretty random at about 44%, according to this very small sample size.

All this is overshadowed by the fact that Setsuna found that the game predetermines what will be received at the beginning of a new week, but these are the numbers I found and I figured it was still relevant. Hope this sheds some light, at least.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:24:44 pm by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2016, 10:02:21 pm »
As for my sample size, of 30 lives, 21 of them were only in Normal present range(11 of which yielded no presents), 7 of them gave Silver presents, and 2 gave Gold presents. This may not be consistent with everyone, and there is always going to be room for more developments here, but I'd say the least accurate part could be considered to be the number of Gold presents.

i'd say you were very very lucky with your gold presents. I'm in about 7.5 years ingame time and i have only found 2 gold presents so far...

Especially recently i have hardly gotten any presents at all. I wonder if there is a way to influence it.

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2016, 02:57:52 am »
Are there any decent level grinding methods yet? I feel like I'm just playing this game somewhat aimlessly at this point.

HolyAarom

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2016, 04:04:22 am »
Does anyone know a suepr fast way to get fans? Want to get Makoto, Chihaya, and Hibiki (My highest players at B Rank) to A Rank, but it's taking so long to grind.

Is there any faster way or is it just grind fest for a few weeks?

If you haven't ranked up the other idols, you might as well rank them up while having Makoto/Chihaya/Hibiki round out the trio. It'll help remove hassle in the long run. If you have enough money, go and try to grind the fan minigame with the dice. I'd recommend having 5 hearts and using the DL Live outfit before doing so to make it less stressful. Try to stack up on fan bonuses through outfits/accessories.

Are there any decent level grinding methods yet? I feel like I'm just playing this game somewhat aimlessly at this point.

Try the cosmetic minigame while using an outfit that gives an exp bonus. Hearts don't matter for that minigame, and a perfect on level 3 gives you around 30k each time.

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2016, 05:53:43 am »
Me too.

Right now all the idols are A rank and I have completed all the A rank jobs and SP on a few of them. Some still have a few solo lives and whatever else in A rank/SP but they need training. Is there anything that unlocks for clearing all those on everybody? Or is the only set of content S rank and the solo live that it comes with, or does it come with many more jobs? Cause as far as I can tell once everybody is A rank you just farm whatever live has the most fans seeing the same old boring stage and praying for drops.
PSN Reikuo

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2016, 12:06:03 pm »
Just found out that chain bonus cannot be stacked.
Chain bonus from costume and accessory cannot be stacked