Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread  (Read 47651 times)

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: THE iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars Gameplay Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2016, 05:48:30 am »
What is an idols level cap?
PSN Reikuo

darkthunder

• Apprentice
  • STRICTLY A NORMAL HUMAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2016, 10:45:05 am »
Finally got the DL Live costume with my Lvl 41 idol

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2016, 10:56:49 am »
Finally got the DL Live costume with my Lvl 41 idol

By drop?
Keep in mind there are basically 2 DL live costumes. One is the ex clear reward for the C rank DL event (which is possible with Lvl 41), and one is from gold present drops or the ex clear reward of the A rank events (which requires 57k or so points, which is most probably not possible with lvl 41)

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2016, 11:01:33 am »
By drop?
Keep in mind there are basically 2 DL live costumes. One is the ex clear reward for the C rank DL event (which is possible with Lvl 41), and one is from gold present drops or the ex clear reward of the A rank events (which requires 57k or so points, which is most probably not possible with lvl 41)
Nah it's from present.
Got the S rank costume by just clearing the live.
finally got another one by scoring 57k.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:11:58 am by darkthunder »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2016, 11:15:32 am »
grats then

I have completed the idol extreme with Yukiho, Azusa and Takane now and completed all the DL live events apart from the last one. But unfortunately i can't really try my luck with it (ha, luck... i have yet to find ANY gold present in this game, not to mention from the DL event) since the A rank event requires 42k just to clear it, and i'm several thousand points off that mark... So i'll have to grind other events before i can start grinding the DL event for a drop (or eventually the ex clear)

darkthunder

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2016, 11:19:57 am »
grats then

I have completed the idol extreme with Yukiho, Azusa and Takane now and completed all the DL live events apart from the last one. But unfortunately i can't really try my luck with it (ha, luck... i have yet to find ANY gold present in this game, not to mention from the DL event) since the A rank event requires 42k just to clear it, and i'm several thousand points off that mark... So i'll have to grind other events before i can start grinding the DL event for a drop (or eventually the ex clear)
good luck to you then and actually this is my first gold present that i get and it actually can drop without even exclearing the live

iTiffany21

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2016, 02:39:05 pm »
You can upgrade them at the tailor shop to increase the appeal value of the item. It's relatively expensive though for the relatively small appeal gain, so unless you are struggling and need every bit of appeal i'd hold out for now, since you won't use the low rank items for all that long. I'd say upgrading A rank items will be useful later on, although i'm not there yet.

Additionally, there is a trophy for performing 50 upgrades, but that can also wait until you have enough items and especially enough money to do so.

Thanks for the help! I was almost about to spend my money on the upgrades but figured it could wait since you mentioned they have small appeal. It's better to just do it myself and save up money.

mallory627

• Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2016, 03:14:13 pm »
As far as I know the only way to buy outfits is to exchange the gold, silver, and bronze tickets you randomly get rewarded after lives and out of presents. It costs a bit of money too. On that note does anyone know exactly what the third option in the shop offers? The one with all the button icons.

I have a bronze ticket and a gold ticket and I haven't been able to use them yet (the shop won't let me choose them). Any reason why? Not high enough level? Not far into the story?
I'd have to say that I'm a new Fangirl for Hokuto Ijuiin and I'm proud of it!!!

Reikuo

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2016, 03:24:29 pm »
I have a bronze ticket and a gold ticket and I haven't been able to use them yet (the shop won't let me choose them). Any reason why? Not high enough level? Not far into the story?
You have to have 5 to exchange for one item.
PSN Reikuo

bahamut0188

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2016, 06:54:38 pm »
Does anyone know how to increase the rate of notes with the AMCG logo? I have noticed that when a lot of them appear you are pretty much guaranteed a silver or gold box.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2016, 07:17:30 pm »
I just realised you don't have to release hold notes for them to count. Just hold the button till it disappears. Quite helpful for very short hold notes.

Does anyone know how to increase the rate of notes with the AMCG logo? I have noticed that when a lot of them appear you are pretty much guaranteed a silver or gold box.

Aren't they random?

bahamut0188

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2016, 07:32:07 pm »
Aren't they random?

I thought that was the case, I just wasn't sure. I just realized the link between them and the boxes yesterday. I found out that on songs that have little to no AMCG notes you will get normal boxes or no boxes. And on songs that have a lot you will get silver or gold.

Nakiame

• Hibike, Hibiki!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:34 pm »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »
Seems like it's 99
Source>> https://twitter.com/gametter_com/status/762242016663121920

Note that you need 76500 xp to get from 98 to 99 :D

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2016, 08:58:09 pm »
While I'll preface this song's necessity, I've grown to completely despise Kiramekirari. It happens to be one thing I can nail consistently well, and it'll EX right off a hair.

Hardly anything else gives that margin for error, but it doesn't mean I'll have any less a headache about it. I swear it'll haunt me in my sleep many decades from now.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3