Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hand tremors after intense playing?  (Read 1524 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Hand tremors after intense playing?
« on: December 22, 2015, 08:40:23 am »
I never really thought about this, but as the title says, this involves an involuntary shaking of the hands after those high-octane sessions.

Upon having these tremors during an intermission lobby of Black Ops 3, I mused, "Oh hey, this again." Before long, it settles after a minute in, and with there being a lull I wondered: how often do people experienced this? What are common remedies? Stuff like that.

Color me piqued, so what's the deal? My only guess is the body recuperates from any big adrenaline surge one would have from gaming.

From what I read abroad, this is prevalent in highly-competitive games like StarCraft, Call of Duty or MOBAs in general -- things that demand multitasking and precision throughout the way, and where those crazy victories can either be snatched or stolen on a dime.

So yeah, thought it'd be interesting to bring light for one of those small, peculiar things -- even at the potential expense of fap jokes. :P
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
Re: Hand tremors after intense playing?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:04:59 pm »
Same thing after I play Touhou for a while. Specifically, on the right hand, where the directional buttons are.

Even after then, I still can't finish shit.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:04:31 pm »
For some reason, my heart trembles whenever I play Smash or Pokemon online.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 03:31:55 am by ChocoCats »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 05:04:17 am »
My only guess is the body recuperates from any big adrenaline surge one would have from gaming.

It sounds like what you're describing is the fight-or-flight response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight-or-flight_response

I had this experience several months ago when I was fighting against Metalpredat0r one-on-one against his Ryu.  I was nervous since he slaughtered me awhile back.  Of course, since the stakes aren't high, I was able to control this automatic response and focus on the task in hand (it also helped that I was more prepared).  I actually did beat him, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions and say I was better since Ryu wasn't his main character.

But, with competitive gaming it's bad since fight-or-flight makes things worse as it'll cause you to lose accuracy and precision.  This response also extends to other situations as well such as public speaking where fight-or-flight will make you stuttered, lose your train of thought, or become speechless in front of an audience.