Username: Password:

Author Topic: Back from the dead  (Read 2445 times)

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
Back from the dead
« on: October 20, 2015, 09:45:37 am »
Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone knows me but I'm actually the guy owning the place. Well the actual owner is Yunabeco as he's the one paying the bills I guess.

It has been such a long time that I decided to make a new self introduction.

I'm 24, French, I live in Tokyo for three years now, where I develop video games (software engineer).

I've been working at Gameloft Tokyo for two years where we released マグナメモリア (Magna Memoria) -it's only available in Japan-  before joining my actual company, Kiteretsu.

You've probably never heard the name but I guess some of you have played our games : Zoo Keeper, Angry Birds Fight, and the Rope animation / game series (Google it if you don't know it, the anime is really cool).

I'm into video games (obviously), nutrition/fitness, I adore Perfume and still love cats as much as before.

I've recently been sucked back into Idolmaster with the Starlight Stage game that is freaking awesome. So here I am, back from the dead.

If some of you are located in Tokyo we can definitely go and grab a beer :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 09:48:30 am by Kaminos »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: Back from the dead
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:35:21 am »
Welcome back to the fold, Kaminos... and well, beer's one way to have us click. What's your common poison? Absinthe's particularly grand. :3

But I presume you're aware of Cinderella Girls as an anime? Makes a good entryway for casual fans, as did the original anime. For living in Tokyo fairly long, have you eased into it well? I've been wanting to visit Japan for the longest time, language barrier be damned.

Winding the clock back, there's one real kicker I'm really curious about: do you have any reservations with the transition from First to Second Vision? Particularly with Idolmaster 2's announcement at TGS 2010 -- a case of the genuine shitstorm, as it was purported to be.

Given those hobbies, your way of dress seems dignified. I'm similarly inclined, what with donning dress pants and a blazer for my occasions; I enjoy the class as it carries well, whether in or out of professions. Shit, game development is one of my end-game aspirations.

Should you stick around, it'll be all the merrier knowing an old-timer's here to grace us. I'm more of a dog person, though. Cats are stubborn. :P
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Yunabeco

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Chihaya appreciator.
    • View Profile
    • Project-iM@S
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 11:22:03 am »
Who were you again?

Jokes aside, good to see you back. I promise I'll visit when I get enough money from project-imas.com's ads to pay the hosting and a round trip to Tokyo.

Cats are still best animals.

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 12:11:24 pm »
Welcome back to the fold, Kaminos... and well, beer's one way to have us click. What's your common poison? Absinthe's particularly grand. :3

But I presume you're aware of Cinderella Girls as an anime? Makes a good entryway for casual fans, as did the original anime. For living in Tokyo fairly long, have you eased into it well? I've been wanting to visit Japan for the longest time, language barrier be damned.

Winding the clock back, there's one real kicker I'm really curious about: do you have any reservations with the transition from First to Second Vision? Particularly with Idolmaster 2's announcement at TGS 2010 -- a case of the genuine shitstorm, as it was purported to be.

Given those hobbies, your way of dress seems dignified. I'm similarly inclined, what with donning dress pants and a blazer for my occasions; I enjoy the class as it carries well, whether in or out of professions. Shit, game development is one of my end-game aspirations.

Should you stick around, it'll be all the merrier knowing an old-timer's here to grace us. I'm more of a dog person, though. Cats are stubborn. :P

Yo !

I'm really into whiskies, and Japan make some amazing ones ! Especially the Yamazaki.

How is Japan ? Well, I love the country, and plan on spending the rest of my life here. More than geeky stuff, it's really the service's exceptional level, kindness of people and amazing women that keep me here :) Come anytime, I'll make you visit Tokyo ! And as far as Japanese is concerned, while highly recommended when living, I don't believe it's a must when visiting.

Hmmmm, from First to Second vision huh ? Well, Bandai Namco is a company, and as a company, they need to make money and keep expanding. So bringing new blood into a successful IP such as IMAS was the way to go and Cinderella animation / iOS games are the proof that it will keep this way :) Actually I think they've been too long and lost some shares to Love Live. Starlight Stage is an amazing game but would probably have been a phenomenon as big as as Love Live if released 2/3 years ago.

As far as my job is concerned, I'm still a junior but deeply love my job and intend on growing my career in this field (and in Japan). If you want some advice, just ask !

Yep I plan on staying here for a while so yoroshiku :)

Who were you again?

Jokes aside, good to see you back. I promise I'll visit when I get enough money from project-imas.com's ads to pay the hosting and a round trip to Tokyo.

Cats are still best animals.

Meow !
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 12:17:55 pm by Kaminos »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 03:59:30 pm »
Welcome back! ^_^

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:11 pm »
Hey, welcome back!

Back in 2010 you posted about a choice you had to make. Which option did you choose, Miku or the hotel?

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 06:48:44 pm »
Hello,

I've seen your name on the bottom of the wiki, and I also read your old posts a long time ago.

But, I never met you before.  So, welcome back. 

I don't know what else to say.  I usually give new people some advice on Im@s, but since you're one of the experts I don't think that's necessary. 

That's pretty cool you're into video games (after all that's your career).  It will definitely be difficulty to meet you in real life since you're living in Japan. 

But, I hope the very best for you.  We won't mind you posting whatever's on your mind.  We're still a small, friendly forum.

Kaminos

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Project-Imas
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2015, 04:43:26 am »
Hey, welcome back!

Back in 2010 you posted about a choice you had to make. Which option did you choose, Miku or the hotel?

Yo !

None of them, at the time my parents wouldn't let me go to Japan because of everything that happened in Fukushima. I moved here in 2012 and started as an intern at Gameloft :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 04:49:30 am by Kaminos »

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 07:00:38 am »
Hihi!  Nice to meet you!  I'm Nayre.  And welcome back to the forums! XD
Hehe I was kinda hoping all this CG hype would attract us some new members, and it seems like it lured in the big one!
We got back our Admin!!!  Woohoo!!
*rolls out the red carpet*  Do enjoy your stay!~  ;D

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 05:41:35 am »
Oh hey, guy.

You still haven't accepted my PSN friend request, you rascal.