• View Profile
heeeey
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:40:08 pm »
Hi.

Personal Info:

Sex: Male
Country of Origin: United States
Age (upon joining): 21
Hobbies: Anime, Manga, Writing, Studying (it might as well be a hobby at this point), Graphic design, and Drawing.

=Q&A=

Q: How did you come across this site?
A: I visit the wiki from time to time, and I just noticed there was actually a forum.

Q: Why did you join this site?
A: I don't know many people who are interested in the idolm@ster.

Q: Do you play it?
A: I avidly play Starlight Stage on my android phone. I also have OFA on my PS3, although I don't nearly have as much time to play as I want.

Q: Who is your fave idol(s)?
A: Chihaya and I guess.....Ranko, Koume, Nana, and Rin.

Q: What is your motto?
A: Uhm... be like water?

Q: Who's your favorite singer(s) right now?
A: Well in terms of idolm@ster, I'd say Asami Imai. As for in general, I've been listening to Ling Tosite Sigure and Hello Sleepwalkers a lot lately.

Q: What are you up to right now?
A: I attend university, and at the moment I'm studying to become an Accountant and I work in a gym.

Q: Do you have any expectations from this site?
A: I only have 1 expectation, and that is to make some friends. Which shouldn't be to hard, you all seem so friendly.

=== Other Stuff ===

That's all for now, I guess.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 10:51:48 pm by leafstro »

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
Re: heeeey
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 08:43:45 pm »
Welcome to the forums! Always nice to meet another fan of Chihaya.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:31:13 pm »
Welcome to the forums!

Have you ever watched any of the anime or read the manga based on iM@S? Just curious.

Also, since you draw, have you ever considered posting your work here?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 10:47:37 pm »
Welcome to the forums! Always nice to meet another fan of Chihaya.

Thanks for the welcome Okayu! Chihaya is life!

Welcome to the forums!

Have you ever watched any of the anime or read the manga based on iM@S? Just curious.

Also, since you draw, have you ever considered posting your work here?

Thanks for the welcome MetalPredat0r!

I have watched (and rewatched) The IDOLM@STER and The IDOLM@STER: CINDERELLA GIRLS anime. I have yet to watch Idolmaster: Xenoglossia anime. And I haven't read any of the 'official' manga, if you know what I mean.  ;)

As for my drawings/sketches, I usually just post them on twitter and deviantart (both of which are linked in my signature). However I wouldn't mind posting them here in the forums too. I'm also kinda embarrassed that I haven't really done very much IM@S  fanart yet, even though I want to. So I might just hold off on sharing here until I have some done. lol

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:41:24 pm »
Welcome to the forums !

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 11:55:07 pm »
Welcome, leafstro!

I checked out your deviantart. The colors in your drawings are striking and the backgrounds are great!

There's a typo in your signature (Tiwtter). :)

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 12:10:39 am »
Welcome to the forums !

Thanks for the welcome animagic! :D

Welcome, leafstro!

I checked out your deviantart. The colors in your drawings are striking and the backgrounds are great!

There's a typo in your signature (Tiwtter). :)

Oh, thanks for welcome altuixde! and Thank you very much for the comment on my drawings!

Also thanks for noticing the typo in the sig, much appreciated.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 03:32:09 am »
Hello, we're a small, friendly forum.  (But, you already knew that.)

Looks like you came prepared since I usually give advice on how to get into im@s.  But, you already done quite a bit.

You watched the anime and you played OFA, so that's good.  Idolm@ster 2 is also on PS3 if you're interested.  If not, then there's some story videos on youtube.  Idolm@ster 1 is on Xbox 360 (region lock), so it might be better just to watch the story videos on youtube as well.

Seems like you're familiar with the wiki.  That's good.  The people here (not me) have worked hard on it.  I would say keep exploring other im@s stuff such as the music albums, mangas, dramas, movie, OVA, etc.

you all seem so friendly.

Oh, thanks.  (Though, I don't think I've done enough to earn that praise). 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:51:04 am by mariokirby »

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:30 am »
Hello, we're a small, friendly forum.  (But, you already knew that.)

Looks like you came prepared since I usually give advice on how to get into im@s.  But, you already done quite a bit.

You watched the anime and you played OFA, so that's good.  Idolm@ster 2 is also on PS3 if you're interested.  If not, then there's some story videos on youtube.  Idolm@ster 1 is on Xbox 360 (region lock), so it might be better just to watch the story videos on youtube as well.

Seems like you're familiar with the wiki.  That's good.  The people here (not me) have worked hard on it.  I would say keep exploring other im@s stuff such as the music albums, mangas, dramas, movie, OVA, etc.

Oh, thanks.  (Though, I don't think I've done enough to earn that praise).

Thanks for the welcome mariokirby! I appreciate the recommendations. Also, it seems like Chihaya is really popular around here ain't she? :D

I'm also very grateful for the people who contribute and continually update the wiki, its made my time being an idolm@ster fan (4-5 years) a heck of a lot easier and accessible. I don't think I would have followed as avidly as I have without the help of this wiki, and well of course google-sensei (which more often than not would lead me to the wiki ;)). Especially since, sadly, my Japanese knowledge is extremely limited. It consists of what my ear has picked up from watching anime (and I've seen a lot, and whats on my MAL profile isn't even all of it), and listening to music.

The thing about idolm@ster music, is there is soooooo much, can't even say I've scratched the surface. I mostly listen to Chihaya, Yukiho, and Ranko + some of the other Cinderella master albums, any recommendations would be great, I always like finding fun new things to listen too. For example, I've recently been listening to Shiki's CINDERELLA MASTER 038 album, which is surprisingly good.

Freedomzz

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 06:22:39 am »
Welcome!

I hope you will have a good time  :)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 06:58:52 am »
The thing about idolm@ster music, is there is soooooo much, can't even say I've scratched the surface. I mostly listen to Chihaya, Yukiho, and Ranko + some of the other Cinderella master albums, any recommendations would be great, I always like finding fun new things to listen too. For example, I've recently been listening to Shiki's CINDERELLA MASTER 038 album, which is surprisingly good.

My immediate reccomendation would be the entire LIVE THE@TER HARMONY discography. Even though it's Million Live related, it's my personal favorite series of iM@S CDs since there's hardly a song I disliked. It even has the 765 originals singing brand new songs, so you'd be satisified with just that but I recommend giving all 50 solos a listen.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2015, 08:19:44 am »
Hey there!  Welcome to the fold! XD

Wow, 4-5 years as a fan?  Have you joined any other im@s communities before this?  :o   If not, must have been pretty lonely.  I've been a fan for about 2 before I stumbled into this place, the same way you did.(We need to make this forum more noticeable lol)

Haha, I know what you mean about the music.  I'm not even close to having listened to all the songs myself; like about halfway with 765, halfway with CG, and like 1/3 with ML. XDD  Just taking my sweet time taking it all in rofl.(nah I'm just lazy >.>)
I agree with Metal tho.  If you wanna get into Million Live's music, I recommend starting off with the LTH series first, then maybe work your way into LTP.  The feel of ML's music in general is bit different from what you'd expect from CG and the original 765pro and might take some getting used to(that's how it was for me at least), but if you're willing to give it a chance it might surprise you. XD

Ummm... crap I forgot what the last thing I was gonna say.  Oh right, I checked out your DA(out of curiosity) and I liked your works!  We have a good number of artists here as well(I'm not one of them eheh... ^^;) and it's always nice seeing some new talent.  Looking forward to seeing more of stuff in the future!

I think that's it... So uhm, enjoy your stay and see you around the forum!  ;D

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2015, 07:43:32 pm »
Welcome!

I hope you will have a good time  :)

Thanks for the welcome Freedomzz, I hope so too! :D

My immediate reccomendation would be the entire LIVE THE@TER HARMONY discography. Even though it's Million Live related, it's my personal favorite series of iM@S CDs since there's hardly a song I disliked. It even has the 765 originals singing brand new songs, so you'd be satisified with just that but I recommend giving all 50 solos a listen.

Nice, thanks for the recommendation Metal! I will try and find that discography and give it a listen.

Hey there!  Welcome to the fold! XD

Wow, 4-5 years as a fan?  Have you joined any other im@s communities before this?  :o   If not, must have been pretty lonely.  I've been a fan for about 2 before I stumbled into this place, the same way you did.(We need to make this forum more noticeable lol)

Haha, I know what you mean about the music.  I'm not even close to having listened to all the songs myself; like about halfway with 765, halfway with CG, and like 1/3 with ML. XDD  Just taking my sweet time taking it all in rofl.(nah I'm just lazy >.>)
I agree with Metal tho.  If you wanna get into Million Live's music, I recommend starting off with the LTH series first, then maybe work your way into LTP.  The feel of ML's music in general is bit different from what you'd expect from CG and the original 765pro and might take some getting used to(that's how it was for me at least), but if you're willing to give it a chance it might surprise you. XD

Ummm... crap I forgot what the last thing I was gonna say.  Oh right, I checked out your DA(out of curiosity) and I liked your works!  We have a good number of artists here as well(I'm not one of them eheh... ^^;) and it's always nice seeing some new talent.  Looking forward to seeing more of stuff in the future!

I think that's it... So uhm, enjoy your stay and see you around the forum!  ;D

Thanks for the welcome Nayre!

Well I did join other anime type forums and stuff, but no one really liked idolm@ster all that much. It was mostly just me trying to get everyone into it lol.

Thanks for checking out my art btw.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 06:57:48 pm »
Welcome there and have fun!
And nice arts.

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o