Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Vita] iDOLM@STER Must Songs announced, 12/10 release  (Read 13675 times)

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: [Vita] iDOLM@STER Must Songs announced, 12/10 release
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2015, 09:02:08 am »
Mine should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. I'm almost finished with the Dearly Stars manga Eri storyline and i really need to hold back the next 1 or 2 days, since i don't want to start the Ryou line (i usually read or play handheld games while commuting to work)...

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2015, 04:20:25 pm »
My package isn't due to arrive until Monday, but I'm curious if the game even allows for screenshots. Taiko V didn't allow them, but I think that's due to licensing.

Screenshots are allowed. Been posting them on Twitter. Just leaves a tiny watermark on the bottom left corner.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2015, 11:23:25 pm »
There's plenty of footage on this channel if you want to watch.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc3IwZRMiLaGZzbHlfleB7Q

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2015, 02:14:50 am »
Region blocked I'm assuming as I can see them just fine. I've been using a proxy so I can view imas songs without them being blocked in the US. (edit: the channel was removed since posting this)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 07:07:21 pm by Okayu »

MuscleRobo

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 03:35:55 pm »
Has anyone figured out how glowsticks work exactly? What's the difference with the top one Ultra Orange that's so cheap? What do I get by having them activated? They aren't running out at least it seems.  Just what do they do?  Yes I registered just to ask this but I'll try to join the community as well!
Avatar is the lovely Chibikko Chan~
Artist's Info
Twitter: @morihito88
Pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2613933

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2015, 04:26:41 pm »
Has anyone figured out how glowsticks work exactly? What's the difference with the top one Ultra Orange that's so cheap? What do I get by having them activated? They aren't running out at least it seems.  Just what do they do?  Yes I registered just to ask this but I'll try to join the community as well!

The glowsticks are something from the real live im@s concerts. In general there are 2 types of glowsticks: battery powered ones, and chemical ones. Battery powered glowsticks are self explanatory. Chemical glowsticks are activated by "breaking" them, this causes a glass tube inside to brake and 2 chemicals begin to mix, mixing them causes a reaction that emits light. Chemical glowsticks, and especially the ones called ultra orange, or UO in short, are very bright, but quickly get dimmer. Let me put it like this: at the 10th anniversary concert, you could easily spot someone on the other side of the baseball stadium who activated a new UO halfway through a song, even though everyone in the stadium was waving at least 2 penlights (or UOs activated at the beginning of the song). UOs are typically used for what i call "hype songs" (such as Ready!!, Jibun Rest@rt or The Idolm@ster), or if a song holds special meaning to you or you like it especially. I used over 50 UOs at 10th (2 days for 5 hours each), even though i also had battery powered penlights, and a lot of people used much more than that.
Of course, UOs are much cheaper (about 80 yen a piece iirc) than battery powered penlights (the set with 12 765pro penlights was 15'000 yen at 10th iirc).

So in short: i'm pretty sure that in the game Ultra Oranges are brighter and cheaper than the other penlights, but can only be used once (hence you can buy multiples of them). I got the game today, but i couldn't play it yet (Vita battery is dead and i don't have the charger with me).

But what the glowsticks in Must Songs do in general: the audience will weave them around, just like they do in real concerts. From videos before the release i think you have to activate them in the beginning (or during) a song in Must Songs.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:28:51 pm by Naryoril »

MuscleRobo

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2015, 05:08:41 pm »
Oh I see, that makes sense.  So they're just cosmetic though? They don't help you earn more fans through the lives or more money through free play or anything?  I know you said you haven't started yet but just if you find out if you wouldn't mind helping me!  Thanks for your speedy response.
Artist's Info

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
    • G+ iDOLM@STER Community
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »
Yeah, I've been using them cosmetically, but I don't see any reason to at all. Not really paying attention to my gain in fans and money though. Remember that you can adjust which lights are automatically on by hitting start at the song selection.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 11:35:47 pm »
at the end of a fes there is a concert light bonus for fans, i don't really know it is calculated. maybe just 100 extra fans per light that was on, but often you don't really have time to adjust the lights to the next song...
btw: you can crack up to 4 UOs for a song. And doing so for each song in a fes gives you an achievement/stamp thingie.

Has anyone found a way to turn off the drum sounds?

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2015, 03:36:07 am »
Has anyone found a way to turn off the drum sounds?

I don't think so. There's no option to lower game sounds as far as I know, so I think the only way is if there's a drum sound type that removes the noise.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2015, 03:54:58 am »
Even if it's mostly cosmetic I think it's worth buying at least level 1 of all the colors so the fans aren't waving unlit concert lights.

I know Shiny had a couple of sounds that were quieter than drums, but I'm not sure for Taiko.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2015, 08:40:20 am »
shiny festa had an option for the volume of the "tap" sounds, and you could completely turn it off. But yeah, i think the only hope is that a "no sound"-sound will be unlocked at some point.

MuscleRobo

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2015, 03:15:44 pm »
Weird I just checked myself and didn't see an option to lower drum sounds.  I thought there was something similar to shiny festa where you could lower either just bgm or sound.  I'll try to look some more but I'm at work, that'll have to wait for lunch!
Artist's Info

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »
Weird I just checked myself and didn't see an option to lower drum sounds.  I thought there was something similar to shiny festa where you could lower either just bgm or sound.  I'll try to look some more but I'm at work, that'll have to wait for lunch!

Must Songs doesn't have this option, Shiny Festa (the rhythm game on the PSP and iOS) has it.