Username: Password:

Author Topic: Setsuna's crazy adventures - a cataloguing  (Read 10749 times)

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
Setsuna's crazy adventures - a cataloguing
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:31:56 pm »
This is mostly a mini blog thing I want to write, mostly because I'm thoroughly convinced that I haven't met anyone with such a weird set of events happen yet.

I imagine some of you know who I am, but I don't generally let my history be known (too much) but for the purposes of this, I'll document some of the weirder things that have happened.

2005 - Stabbing. I lived through that one.
2007 - Found out that I was subject to a hit (person apprehended outside my house) due to a story I ran (Back when I was a journalist)
2008 - Got shot at while travelling home - Took out my newspaper.
2012 - Vertigo incident that was apparently a few inches away from doing major brain damage. This also resulted in a very bad fall down about three flights of stairs.
2013 - Cancer incident, requiring surgery on right hand.
2015 - Fire breaks out, rescue woman from fire, only made the police report.

There's more, but apparently every so often, my life gets exciting, through no fault of my own. Some things I can't discuss in detail, like whistleblowing, a rescue and a couple of other things, due to NDA/court orders and privacy and the like.

So given all that, there really isn't much more over the top stuff one single person can go through, right?

No, probably not, but it seems that the universe also has a sick sense of humour, or at the minimum, likes kicking people when they're down.

Today, I was shopping at IKEA (You know, so I can start having a residence with furniture in it) and I was trying out the beds.

I get on it to see how it feels, and the bedframe slats underneath it fall through (they didn't snap) due to someone else messing around with them prior to me trying it.

It resulted in a hurt shoulder, a incident report, and asking about bedframes without that sort of design.

And classic exchanges like: "Well, I assume that not all your bedframes are like this?" "No, because we'd be out of business if they were."

The sales assistant was also pretty nice, and found out she plays a lot of DotA2. It's nice to meet people who play games and I appreciated the half hour while I let the ice pack do its work on my left shoulder.

It's probably not really all that significant, but sometimes you have to wonder if someone with the controls to the universe thinks you're their personal TV channel...

Don't mind me, I thought it was funny and I guess after my experiences my perspective is rather unique that way.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Setsuna's crazy adventures - a cataloguing
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 01:59:15 pm »
Even before i reached the part with the TV channel i thought "this sounds like the history of a character from a long running soap opera"...

And yeah, i don't think i have met anyone else with such a set of events happening... I don't know how old you are, but i don't think you are that old, that makes it even worse...

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 07:13:01 pm »
Take that motherfucking bedframe to court for assault charges -- the mattress can testify that shit! Or something of the like. :P

But yeah, you're rather... peculiar. There's also the spider, so time and again I sigh relieved. I swear, you'll give a heart attack.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 07:32:21 pm »
That's quite an adventure you have. Good thing you're alive.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:00:15 pm »
Wow, didn't know you've been through so much, and just one after the other. :/  I really hope your luck turns around soon. 

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:13:43 am »
Wow, didn't know you've been through so much, and just one after the other. :/  I really hope your luck turns around soon.

I dunno. I think I've been wishing on and off for my entire life.

Am I doing  the wishing wrong?

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 02:39:59 pm »
Only in a world like this...

So I finally arrange for the lease to be signed, and for us to get the keys to the place. The place is part of an affordable housing programme, and how it works is that a market rent is medianed for the area for the size/location and a % is charged (as the NSW government will pay off the rest). The actual percentage is 74.9% of market (and I have no idea why they chose that percentage)

The rates stay that for the duration of the lease.

So what happens?

Literally 30 minutes before we turn up (I'm serious, the document was dated WHILE I was in transit) the calculations were run again, and it moved the rent up 20 dollars a week.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 04:20:33 pm »
Life can be the ultimate cruel comedy sometimes.

Anyway, glad to know you have a place to live, even if the price cheated.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 06:14:32 pm »
You just can't catch a break, huh?

Well, at the least, I'm also glad you have a place to live. Hopefully, things will look up for you. I mean, there's nowhere to go but up, right?

... ...Right?

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 10:43:47 pm »
Well, the lease HAS been signed, and I have taken possession of the keys. It's a one year, with options to renew (and the rent recalculated every year) so it means I can finally start an actual rebuilding process.

So as of 4pm Tuesday, I have a place to stay.

Of course, there's nothing in it yet. That's going to be the job for the next few weeks, and months.

First things first of course (And where all the money I've been accumulating and the like kick into play) and that is to get a fridge and washing arrangements.

... Unfortunately, the space to get said washing machine to its space is really tight compared to even the smallest washing machine.

The doorway gap is 61cm. The washing machine I picked out is a minimum of 60cm.

I might gain a few more cm of breathing room if we temporarily remove the bathroom door though.

I think this is the sort of little things a lot of you will expect to happen as you all get older and I seem to be good at handling these things, although, I'm not sure if I have anything going for me EXCEPT that...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 10:45:35 pm by Setsuna »

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 01:07:54 am »
At least you have a sense of humor about it  :P
I think you handle these situations better than Larry David's character on Curb!

Tafira

• Apprentice
  • Casual Fan :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 03:18:45 am »
I can't hope to say I have had as much misfortune as you. to sympathize, but maybe at least you'll be pleasantly surprised when things later down go smoothly?

It's good to see that you've stabilized from your previous events, and I wish you the best of luck!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger? ^^;

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 04:40:00 am »
What doesn't kill you may make you stronger, but it also demonstrates that you CAN handle that sort of thing, and encourages more of the same.

Well, for more 'Okay, who's stupid idea is this?'

The place has a phone line connected. It was active when I tested it a week ago for inspection.

I was asked to do some tech stuff to find out the last used number so I can arrange a net connection.

So what happens when I enter? I connect the phone to get the last number, and the dialtone is dead.

A quick inquiry finds out that the line was disconnected a couple of days ago, because the last tenant failed to pay their phone bills.

My problem? I now have to pay an extra 250 dollars to get the line physically reconnected. (Technician has to come out etc)

Maybe being ABLE to handle this sort of thing isn't such a useful skill, if it just encourages whoever that jerk is managing the universe to keep throwing things my way.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 11:51:32 am »
So now my roommate gets screwed over due to an automated transaction that ran (That shouldn't have) and he just got short shifted this week due to lowered demand. And once again, we find this out just AFTER we purchased the beds and two tables, so we got very, very screwed. (We need the items, but frankly I'd have reversed the tables just to get more to work with)

... I've had one offer of help (thank you, seriously) which puts us behind but on this side of a knife edge, and I'm now convinced someone up there is keeping an eye on me, just so they can counter any help with another 'Unexpected issue'

I generally pride myself on being able to get through nearly anything, but frankly someone's decided to put that to the test.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »
Damn... such karma. o_o
Anyway, more luck for you. o/