Username: Password:

Author Topic: How do you do?  (Read 2405 times)

Best Idle

• Greenhorn
  • Forever idle
    • View Profile
How do you do?
« on: August 20, 2015, 10:57:24 pm »
Gokigen ikaga desu?

Hi everyone. I'm usually not very vocal so I wasn't really planning on posting but since I did, it seems expected to make a welcome thread so here it is.

You can call me "Idle" for short.
Sex: Male
Country of Origin: USA, California
Age (upon joining): 24
Hobbies: Haruka, Game Design and Programming, Anime and Manga, Video Games

=Q&A=

Q: How did you come across this site?
A: Found the wiki a long time ago. Also noticed the forums but I'm not much of a poster. However, recently I have more time so I thought I might as well post on occasion. I also frequented /@/ but don't post much there at all.

Q: Do you play it?
A: I've played OFA, SP Perfect Sun. I like the anime more than the games.

Q: Who is your fave idol?
A: Haruka

Q: Why is your username "Best Idle"?
A: Based off the somewhat common "X is best idol" trollpost. I changed it to idle since I'm exceptionally lazy and so that it's more of a unique name.

Q: Who's your favorite singer(s) right now?
A: Haruka

Q: What are you up to right now?
A: Making a (non-idol-related) mobile game. I do have a more idol related app I am planning to make in the future, but I'm going to finish the game I'm working on first.

Q: Do you have any expectations from this site?
A: Betsuni. Wiki is a great resource though.

=== Other Stuff ===
I guess I can mention, my Japanese level is only a little above "memorized Hira/Katakana" but I'm still working on it. Sometimes.
Also, I got into iM@S when I watched the 2011 anime when it was airing (in the livestreams with /a/), and I've loved Haruka as my one and only since then~

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: How do you do?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:11:17 pm »
Welcome.

I guess I can mention, my Japanese level is only a little above "memorized Hira/Katakana" but I'm still working on it. Sometimes.

If you have Chrome, I recommended downloading this app. Helps a bit.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 12:29:39 am »
Hello there! Welcome!

I'm also a HarukaP and programmer.

Enjoy your stay~

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 12:31:25 am »
Welcome.  We're a small but friendly forum.  So, feel free to post or explore the topics here.

You definitely came prepared.  You already played the games, watch the anime, and are familiar with the wiki.  There's not much advice I could give other than checking out other im@s stuff such as the music (you probably already done this), mangas, drama cds, movie (not that great), etc.  Looks like you haven't played Idolm@ster 2, but that's okay.  There's probably youtube videos for Haruka story/endings.

And, you know some japanese.  That's great in that you can improve and hopefully be a big help to the people here (unlike me).

It's awesome that you love Haruka and kept up with her since then.  I have respect for that kind of passion, so keep it up.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 01:08:45 am »
Hey Idle, welcome! :)

A couple questions:
I've seen people mention /@/ or /a/ before, but I have no idea what they are; could you tell me?
What platform(s) are you programming for?

I agree with mariokirby's advice to check out other im@s stuff, especially the music! I used to listen to im@s music for what felt like every waking hour of the day. But now I'm pretty cut off from im@s, at least music wise, because I want to obtain music legally and importing that many CDs is too expensive. ;_;

Best Idle

• Greenhorn
  • Forever idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2015, 01:41:35 am »
/a/ is the 4chan anime board.
/@/ is the iDOLM@STER thread that was formerly on /a/, but moved to /vg/ currently.
Warning: both are not very friendly so I wouldn't recommend them to most people. It's the original source for a fair number of translations though.

I'm programming my game using libgdx for android, iOS, and maybe exporting to various other platforms as well.

I of course have listened to most of the im@s music, and certainly every Haruka song. Not that concerned about music legality although I have certainly spent a large amount of money on Haruka merchandise.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 01:45:53 am »
Thanks for explaining what those are!

Could you let us know when your game is ready? I'll probably be able to run it on android.

Best Idle

• Greenhorn
  • Forever idle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 03:01:06 am »
Sure, I'd be happy to, although it's not idol related so I don't know if the people here would be interested. It probably won't be released for another 3+ months at least.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 03:03:04 pm »
I'm programming my game using libgdx for android, iOS, and maybe exporting to various other platforms as well.

Where I work we just had a little after work demo session with libgdx, I'm interested in trying it myself soon too.

Takechan

• Apprentice
  • I only have slight brain problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 04:54:41 am »
Oh wow, you finally decided to post an intro thread, huh? w

Welcome Idle-kun~ I don't post much either, but the people here are generally really nice, so you shouldn't have any problems. Except maybe from me.

Amami Haruka desu!
I love HaruChiha way too much.
Steam: amamiharuka765
Twitter: TakeP765