Username: Password:

Author Topic: THE iDOLM@STER BREAK!  (Read 29221 times)

nowano

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
THE iDOLM@STER BREAK!
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:13:05 pm »
THE iDOLM@STER BREAK! Vol.2

Release Date: 10/02/2009
Limited version contents: Planning

h4ataraxia

Re: THE iDOLM@STER BREAK!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 10:31:54 pm »
no more break ;__;

curriegrad2004

• Orbital Strike... Your Area...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:27:40 am »
Meh, translation hasn't really picked up as of now.

Will wait for the manga to be completely translated
Got time? Know Japanese, then please help out with the translation project!

azuyuki

• Producer
  • ~Can you see my true feelings?~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:58:23 am »
Well they have about 2 chapters translated so far right?

Laburey

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 04:09:10 am »

nikorai

• View Profile
    • Nick's personal page
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 11:44:35 pm »

So, for the last two weeks I was reading im@s manga that I got back in July. I understand that I’m behind the schedule and everyone is more interested in DS manga but still I wanted to share my impressions.
The first book to read was the second volume of ‘relations’. Surely I found it to be very nice. The story and design are both great. I liked the ending, too.
I made some photos along the way. I’m sorry, I didn’t quite feel like putting the books into the scanner.

ミキ
「負けないよ」
千早
「手加減…しないわよ?」
Miki
“I won’t lose (him to you)”.
Chihaya
“I won’t go easy on you (=expect no allowances from me)”.

The bonus consists of the report of im@s great party in 2008. I’m sure that those who attended the show enjoyed it a lot. It’s pretty much like the one you could see on the bonus DVD for Live for You! but further improved. You can notice the jokes like asking Kotori to come up to the stage, the producer choosing to pass, the problem with Chihaya’s breast size and calling Haruka “Your Excellency” in the end. Ah, also Juri was crying again and Chiaki (Miura) appeared out of nowhere saying she’d just arrived from Osaka.
The next manga was im@s break. I promised earlier to confirm if it was a complete trash or not. Now I can say no, it’s not. Of course it becomes obvious that the plot lacks consistency and there are problems with character design, too. I don’t think that it’s a problem of Fujima-san’s skill but rather I can think of a lack of time to draw all that. Say, the art on the front cover is very cute and you can also find very nice sketches at the back of the book but what is in the chapters is not very convincing. The situation improves in chapter 2 and on but the problem with crooked or wry faces remains throughout the whole volume. I mean that the author is best at drawing people full and half face but everything else is off the mark.
What is good is that Miki is back to being blond. Her fir-like hairstyle is definitely a thing.
In the bonus section the author is kind of saying sorry for the problems I indicated above. He didn’t find a place for Makoto, Miura, Ritsuko, Ami and Mami. And then, the producer is missing, too. Instead we get a 16 years old guy who looks 10 on the 3rd page.
A huge problem of this book is a very small font used to fit tons of text on the pages. At times it’s so small that it becomes hardly readable. Of course I now have my eyes fixed but reading small text is one of the things that brings you closer to blurry image, as Suki Daisuki says.
The plot could also be better but I should say that the episode with the gang changing places was very laughable.
In the beginning of this scene everyone’s in shock, especially Iorin. According to the author, 765 pro originally occupied a skyscraper but then was moved to a very small office on the 3rd floor due to a huge debt. Who was fired in the process and how many people retained their jobs is not specified. How this debt was accumulated remains a mystery, too.
765 Pro in the anime:

And in the manga:

Yukiho is digging holes again. This time she dug so many that Kotori was forced to bring a sign saying “Digging holes is strictly prohibited”. The idols are now supposed to live in the dorms together with Yuutaro, much to Yukiho’s terror.

Perhaps it’s wry humor but still. Other than that the humor tends to be slapstick. I should say that I missed Negima completely but I can assume that the jokes and plot devices are partially borrowed from there.
Except for in the end, when Yuutaro and Haruka got lost in the mountains there was a suggestive line like
「裕太郎くん 痛っ!」
「あっごめん 
ちょっと太すぎたかなぁ」
「ううん
なれれば大丈夫だと思う」
“Yuutarou-kun. Ouch, it hurts!”
“Ah, sorry.  It’s probably too fat (big)”.
“No, it’s OK. I think that I should be fine if I get used to it”.

You can guess that in truth Yuutarou was trying to fix a blister on Haruka’s foot which she got from wearing geta shoes.

So I should say that on the whole I actually enjoyed reading this manga. I’ll make sure to get volume 2 once I have a chance.

Nick

h4ataraxia

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 06:28:56 am »
this thing is gonna be a haruka end for sure.
im pretty sure a lot of people who play the actual games will be pretty raged to know a 16 year old kid illegally working as a producer is stealing your idols hearts. actually i know quite a lot of people who do.
and i bet the illustrator did some crazy excuse to explain why hes a producer aside the fact albert wesker is in the hospital cause he forgot to take his daily G virus injection and got a heart attack, and since when was takagi working like a 'producer' for the idols?

also lovin how all the characters are not their game counterparts.

relations is diamonds compared to break.
infact relations was awesome

yes, excuse me, i do hate break. i'd rather buy dearly stars than break
bought the first volume, did not like it at all. sold it to my friend
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 06:42:57 am by h4ataraxia »

Pizzaman

• Will sell pizza to Makoto.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 12:07:46 pm »
Word. My copy of Break is currently sitting inside a shelf at my manga circle's club room.

Relations was nice. I didn't really appreciate the Chiha-Miki focus of it, but at least it had a storyline.

Well, at least Break vol.2 will probably be coming with some new DLC. Not all is wasted.
A professional amateur.

h4ataraxia

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:30:14 pm »
i bet people only buy it for the dlc

this reminds me of a commu in im@s, were you're trying to sell cd's but people only buy it because it comes with a cellphone strap

OverlordIX

• TermiRaisha - Systems Online.
    • View Profile
    • Silent Stronghold
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 08:01:10 am »
Hopefully someone will get the translations for it up and running. Im dying to see what happens next. =)
Judging by the way things are progressing, this definetly reeks of a HarukaXproducer ending.

When 5 Muppets come together, you get one heck of a gaming team!

h4ataraxia

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 04:11:14 pm »
this definetly reeks of a HarukaXproducer ending.
with armies of confessions from other people that the protagonist declines, just like negima and love hina.

laburey will rage.

Laburey

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »
with armies of confessions from other people that the protagonist declines, just like negima and love hina.

laburey will rage.

I've done that ever since Break first came out, because I know it will be exactly as you say.

nowano

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 10:18:31 am »

Premium CD: 4 songs + drama
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:05:29 pm by nowano »

h4ataraxia

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 06:45:26 pm »
so i've been waiting for a new drama cd
and they make one out of im@s break...
not cool.
trying to improve on what is already garbage
the drama better be something original, since i dont see yuutarou's name or CV for him anywhere

ololololol do want to hear takane singing cutey honey and hibiki singing happy material though.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:02:53 pm by h4ataraxia »

yukipo

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 07:50:39 pm »

ololololol do want to hear takane singing cutey honey and hibiki singing happy material though.

*NOSEBLEED*
THIS can't be serious?! Cutey honey!? Happy Material!?
My negima not gonna mention cutey honey fantard dream just came true--xomgofjignogfhgdfg
BTW
Negi only actively got ONE confession so far. moe moe jouchan~
I guess that kind of doesn't matter though.. Since basically all his class is filled with middle schoolers that want to rape him
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:55:49 pm by yukipo »