Community > General chatter

Better know a Producer

(1/5) > >>

Okayu:
I thought it'd be interesting to see responses to these questions from more people. Yes it's mostly copy pasted from https://hpt.moe/

Questions

1. How did you first learn about “The iDOLM@STER”? What were your first impressions?

2. Have you played any of the idolm@ster games? If so, which is your favorite?

3. Which idol is your favorite and why?

4. What is your favorite idolm@ster song and why?

5. What’s your favorite aspect of the idolm@ster series?

6. When and how did you become a “Producer”? That is, when did you consider yourself an idolm@ster fan?

7. Have you ever been to an idolm@ster live concert? Please share your experience or any particularly special memories if so.

8. Do you play any of the mobile game series such as Cinderella Girls and Million Live?

9. Have you watched the 2011 series or Cinderella Girls anime? If so, what are your thoughts?

10. Do you have any favorite seiyuu related to the idolm@ster series?

11. Shout out your love about the idolm@ster series, say anything you’d like!

MetalPredat0r:
Sounds like fun, so I'll give in my responses.

1. I was browsing Touhou fan art when I stumbled across a bunch of iM@S stuff and thought to myself "I like the character designs" so I did my research and eventually watched the anime.

2. Nope, unless you count that one Kirari flash game.

3. I have three.

Ritsuko: I love her character design, her songs are pretty good, and I just love her overall character of being a hard-working young woman who's in denial of being an idol. That and she shows many signs of competence.

Shiho: Lovely character design, fantastic singing voice, and her backstory is something I can relate too not because I've lost a parent but because I know plenty of people who went through either parent divorce or only living with a single parent, so I understand the hardships that brings.

Minami: Very beautiful, another amazing singer, and she's just so lovable given her sense of responsibility and onee-chan attitude.

4. ................. I-I can't answer this. I love too many of them. .-.

5. The characters and the music. The characters for their designs, voices, and personalities; music because, well, this is an IDOL centric franchise, after all.

6. As soon as I finished the anime, I was hooked. I started drawing the characters, talking about the series, listened to the music, and eventually joined Project-iM@S.

7. Nope. Even with my airline advantages, it's still too costly to go to Japan for me.

8. No, because I actually value my wallet. I just admire the characters and look at the pretty pictures.

9. Yes. 2011 anime is what got me into the franchise and I'm currently following Cinderella Girls as it airs. Both are fun to watch; however, they also come with multiple flaws in writing, characterization, and sometimes even animation. I recommend both only as starting points or curiosity.

10. All I got on me is Asami Imai because she is everywhere I look: iM@S, BlazBlue, Neptunia, the list goes on.

11. Ummmmmm...... iM@S DESU YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I got. :p

Virgofall:
1. YouTube videos. I'm not sure which initially, probably from one of the Nico Nico Douga medleys and went from there (I came here from Vocaloid). I know I found out about it prior to 2's release, but it was one of those series I only passively looked into until sometime afterward.

2. I've played both 2 and OFA, and prefer OFA for its more robust concert play... that and the fact two of my favorites were relegated to RGKM.

3. I love Ritsuko's voice (most of the time), and she as a character is someone who I partially aspire to be like and partially think she'd be fun to hang out with (never mind most people would probably think the opposite). Takane and Iori are also high favorites, however considering both of those characters get plenty of love already... yeah, Ricchan #1.

4. This is a hard one. It's probably somewhere around edeN, Fate of the World or inferno (rockish love songs yes please! Even if FotW isn't really as fitting in that category as either of the others).

5. I'm a music lover.

6. Shortly before I Want came out onto iM@S2 PS3 (that was my favorite song at the time, though as an overtly sexual/fetishistic song it's gone down a few notches in my book compared to the above-mentioned three). Yes, this is a weird milestone.

7. I have not.

8. No. Between the fact I'm not willing to jailbreak my phone (I cannot afford to compromise my primary method of quick contact) and the mobile games' status as being pay-to-win... though refer to 5, I do like some of the music that's originated from the games' existence despite.

9. I liked 2011. CG is too early to tell, but my interest in most of the series' featured characters hasn't really changed too drastically since (that is, I don't really care about most of them - Ranko I always liked, Minami I always liked, Mika I like more and Miku/Mio have both plummeted).

10. Not particularly, long as they can sing (it's kinda the point), and most of them are pretty good for what they are, even those many find are objectively bad.

11. ... yay iM@S? -hums to the tune of Visionary instead-

Chance4U:
1. Nonowa in a Nico Medley that was a reprint on YouTube. Then I saw a DS promo video, and it all fell in line from there.

2. Yup, mostly the handhelds (DS, Missing Moon, all the SHINY FESTA’s, and the browser games). DS is my favorite though, since it was my first.

3. The DS trio, mostly because of the depth their story has and their personalities. They’re each so unique and enjoyable! I agree with the others though, Ritsuko is definitely Top Idol material. And the best 765.

4. Kimi Omoi Birthday. I wasn’t expecting to like it too much, but it confirmed that Sayoko is my favorite ML idol. It makes me feel depressed that she probably won’t place in the manga election.

5. The variety of musical styles and character designs really stuck with me. Plus, there’s a lot of idols who are left out of the limelight. That works in my favor, as I tend to root for the underdog.

6. When I cataloged most of the costumes, accessories, and live events (although I’m super behind now…), I realized that I’m probably in this for the long run.
7. Nope, but I watch every stream available and watch the events I miss elsewhere.

8. Sadly, SHINY FESTA held my attention longer than either of those. Starlight Stage sounds entertaining.

9. The 765 anime is alright, but I’m getting sick of trying to identify all of the BGM’s. Cinderella Girls is pretty fun, and I bet the inevitable ML and SideM variants will be enjoyable too. I’d trade all of them for a DS OVA though..

10. Naomi Wakabayashi. The effort and lengths she goes for both her characters and performances is amazing. She really puts her fans first, and isn’t afraid of looking a little silly for their sake. Her Kud Wafter and Christmas iM@S performances made me realize that she is crazy dedicated.

11. Ah, I actually screamed when Takeuchi got the Perfect score on that last Taiko and anime event. My throat decided that I shouldn't do that again.

mariokirby:
Most of these questions were already answered from my welcome post.  But, I don't mind answering them again.  I'll be cut/pasting parts of my welcome post.  So, sorry for being lazy.

1. How did you first learn about “The iDOLM@STER”? What were your first impressions?

It started way back in 2011 when Idolm@ster 2 was just released on Xbox 360.  Around the same time one of the anime news sites I visited had an article about the anime that was coming out.   I was curious and checked out a couple of concerts gameplay videos based on Idolm@ster 2 (xbox 360).  The songs and dance really amazed me, and some of the idols were very pretty like Miki.  However, I was still hesitant since it seemed like one of those visual novels or harem animes where it’s kind of boring especially with wimpy, lame male characters.

That’s when I discovered about Touma and Team Jupiter.  I was like finally I get to see some cool, tough male characters, and I really liked them.  So, my decision to give the anime a try was because of Team Jupiter, and I still highly respect them even until this day even though they moved on to SideM.

When I watched the anime, I wasn’t too impressed by it.  That changed until ep 13 when the idols performed Rest@rt.  I was amazed at the animated dance choreography and I remember replaying that video clip for an hour straight.  The anime got better, and I become interested in Chihaya after her episodes.  After the anime I decided to play Idolm@ster 2 PS3.  I chose Chihaya since I’ve seen story gameplay videos and loved the story and romance with her.  Since then, I became an Idolm@ster fan and eventually played OFA.  I also went through the mangas, drama cds, musics, movie, OVA, etc.

2. Have you played any of the idolm@ster games? If so, which is your favorite?

Idolm@ster 2 (PS3)
Idolm@ster: One for All
Shiny Festa: Honey Sound (iOS)

I liked both Idolm@ster 2 and One for All in terms of story and romance with Chihaya.  However, game mechanics-wise, I like OFA so much better since it has a lot more freedom, and I can take my time (though I hated some of those objectives).  Plus, I feel OFA had more communications, songs, and story.  I didn't like Shiny festa at all since it's strictly a rhythm game.  So, hard gameplay (especially in harder modes) with barely any story.  The main games had a much better rhythm difficulty because you have a larger frame window to time your appeal perfectly.  Because of that you can focus on other factors to help beat the concert or the rival.

3. Which idol is your favorite and why?

Actually, Chihaya is my most favorite woman in the world.  The only woman I'm in love with or will ever love. (Okay, I'm annoying people again) 

My reasons are in this post I made a few months ago.

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,25.msg61375.html#msg61375

I also like the Jupiter team (Touma, Hokuto, Shouta).  They seem like really cool guys, and I want to be best friends with Touma.  Again, they caused me to take that initial step forward to the Im@s franchise since I like guys who I can relate to.  In this case cool and talented guys.  Not wimpy, lame guys you see in harem animes.

4. What is your favorite idolm@ster song and why?
There are too many songs I like.  Obviously, I like songs that Chihaya sings in.

5. What’s your favorite aspect of the idolm@ster series?
The characters, story, communications, songs, and dance.  Plus, the longevity of the franchise.  I want to like something that will last a long time.  There are several things I like, but they die off after some time.

6. When and how did you become a “Producer”? That is, when did you consider yourself an idolm@ster fan?
I sort of answered in the first question.  But, basically when I finished the anime and started playing the game.  So, around the end of 2011.

7. Have you ever been to an idolm@ster live concert? Please share your experience or any particularly special memories if so.

No

8. Do you play any of the mobile game series such as Cinderella Girls and Million Live?
No

9. Have you watched the 2011 series or Cinderella Girls anime? If so, what are your thoughts?
I watched 2011 series.  It was average, but after playing the games then I realize I didn't like the anime that much.  But, mostly just my personal preferences.  For example, I would have preferred a younger (age 16), mature, cooler, talented producer with a deep story who forms a close, romantic relationship with Chihaya. 

I’m also watching CG, but I don’t have much interest in them.  Except the producer in CG is much cooler than the producer in the 2011 anime.

10. Do you have any favorite seiyuu related to the idolm@ster series?
I don’t follow any seiyuu closely.  But, if there’s something on anime news sites about im@s seiyuus, then I often read about it.  Though, I do sort of emphasize Asami Imai since she voices Chihaya.

11. Shout out your love about the idolm@ster series, say anything you’d like!

I’m only a fan of the 765pro idols and Jupiter.  Unfortunately, I don’t have much interest in the spin-offs like CG or ML.  But, I have no problems chatting about the spin-offs with my friends who like them (because being friends is more important)(I do admit ML has the best artwork in my opinion).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version