Username: Password:

Author Topic: Google+ to Sever Ties with Youtube.  (Read 1520 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Google+ to Sever Ties with Youtube.
« on: July 29, 2015, 04:56:29 am »

http://www.slashgear.com/google-cuts-ties-with-youtube-with-one-important-warning-27394486/

Google announces cutting software ties between YouTube and their social network Google+. No longer will YouTube require a Google+ profile for new users looking to upload, comment, or create a channel. No longer will comments posted on a YouTube video also be posted on a user's Google+ profile. Freedom from one or the other is upon us. No longer will Google be pushing Google+ directly in to the comments section of YouTube, and both parties will be the better for it.

With the cut between the social network Google+ and video network YouTube comes an end to YouTube comments appearing on Google+. This will have a big effect on the social network for those that follow people who comment on YouTube videos on the regular. For those that only follow people who stick to Google+ exclusively, not much will change.

When a person shares a YouTube video to Google+, YouTube will now no longer be posting a notification in their comments section about said share. Because nobody wanted to know that anyway.

Users wishing to remove their Google+ from the face of the earth may do so soon. BUT -

And this is a big but: Users should NOT remove their Google+ profile until Google gives the go-ahead. Google has not cut the ties between one network and the other yet. They will soon.

If you delete your Google+ profile now, you'll delete your YouTube channel.

You need to wait. Stay tuned here and to Google's your channel and Google+ page for more information.

Ooooooooh shit. Is salvation finally upon us after these many years?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 04:59:22 am by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
Re: Google+ to Sever Ties with Youtube.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:01:54 am »
Now, the real question is, will this mean that YouTube will stop using Google's search engine to provide me with stupid "recommended" videos that I've never heard of in my life? If so, then I'm totally excited. If not, then I'm still just as equally excited.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 03:29:08 pm »
Three words: Good effing riddance.

(rolls eyes) Why anyone thought adding Google+ to YouTube was a good idea in the first place is beyond me.

Scotty

• 961Pro President
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • Kuroi Shachou
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 03:53:19 pm »
Three words: Good effing riddance.

(rolls eyes) Why anyone thought adding Google+ to YouTube was a good idea in the first place is beyond me.

I enjoy having a unified notification box for all my Google stuff. Having my conversations flow between G+ and Youtube was very convenient too.