Username: Password:

Author Topic: EVO 2015  (Read 1150 times)

EX_cavate

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
EVO 2015
« on: July 25, 2015, 09:21:41 am »
To those who attended/watched the stream, how was it? I was there and every year it gets bigger and better every year. Also, what was your favorite tournament to watch? Mine was Tekken 7 although I was a bit sad to see AO lose. and it was kind of obvious on who was going to win because the Japanese players months of practice compared to Korea and the US. Hopefully when there's a more even playing field the results will be less predictable. Also, the slow motion effect that they added to Tekken, regardless of what fighting game you play, makes it way more hype. I will most likely participate next year. What about you guys? I hope I can meet some of you there next year. (I saw someone wearing an Anna Mochizuki shirt, an Iori, Makoto and Hibiki ReDrop shirt and a 765pro shirt.)

Accoun

• View Profile
Re: EVO 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 05:28:30 pm »
Well, as a whole probably Tekken 7, although nothing will beat Woshige standing up in Xrd top 8. Nice to see Naps at least getting into the top 8, considering he as an American at best played an old build during another tournament.

But honestly... I didn't really watch anything else. I caught a bit of Catherine (because someone on IRC mentioned one of the contestants had a Chihaya t-shirt), which was interesting, and a few final games of Mortal Kombat X, which was boring as hell (literally only watched it because Aris was commentating). Other games don't really interest me, so I just watched a musicmaking stream. Wish there was VF5. ;_;

And speaking of iM@S, there actually is an 765pro "team", which is why you've seen people with idol t-shirts. Saw that one guy during Catherine, but according to Twitter there were others as well.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: EVO 2015
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:35:03 pm »
Thanks to having guests sleeping over at my house during that weekend, I was only able to catch Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and the reveal of Necalli for Street Fighter V.

UMvC3 was freaking hype, though! I honestly never thought a Hulk would win a major. Congrats to KaneBlueRiver for proving me wrong.

Sucks that I couldn't catch Smash Bros. Wii U, though. :(

I just hope that next year we see BlazBlue and King of Fighters make their grand returns. Those were the best games at EVO and it is pure blasphemy that neither of those returned, although they have their respective reasons.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator