Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Million Live Anime Discussion  (Read 13474 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Million Live Anime Discussion
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2015, 07:10:41 am »
>Sayoko and Kotota featured alongside Chihaya~

This completes me. Looking forward to Yuriko, too.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2015, 03:06:31 pm »
If an anime comes out, I bet Mirai won't even have the toast in her mouth just to make fans salty.

Ahhh, this PV has made me so excited for the concert next  year!!

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »
I'm speechless... A-Are these tears?

Can't wait for some Miki + Tsubasa action, gonna be HNNGGG!x2
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:32:19 pm by Nayre »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2015, 07:08:34 pm »
Kana and Shiho holding hands made my yuri goggle wearing self very happy. >:3

I liked the 765s and MLs interacting... I know a lot of Japanese fans see 765's huge presence in ML as "baiting" main series fans, but I like how it gives our original idols some more depth.

also lol at Fuka

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2015, 07:17:02 pm »
Even with my fondness of certain ML idols, it's some damn good bait. .-.

Animated Blue Symphony quartet performance episode when, A-1?! :3
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:33:06 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2015, 09:11:07 pm »
Sorry, if off topic.

I had a discussion with my brother about comparing the spinoffs between CG and ML, and one thing worth mentioning was the timeline differences.  I know I’m just stating the obvious.

There are some hints that CG coexists in the same timeline as 765pro idols (when 765pro were rookies and brought up) though probably not including Cinderella Girl Project but just 346 in general.

However, ML exists in a pretty restrictive timeline where they are present only during the timeline where the 765pro idols are top idols. 

With the exception of the Movie and the ML manga, most iterations of 765pro whether it’s the anime, main games, manga, dramas, etc. almost always depict them as rookies who are brought up.  Which means ML doesn’t exist throughout 765pro timeline until they (765pro) become veteran idols with a complete character development/story who can act as mentors.

This trailer along with the Movie and ML manga pretty much confirms that ML begins after 765pro story is completed and the idols are top rank.  After all, the appeal of ML is that they are the future of 765pro.  So, it's kind of difficult trying to assimilate with them 100% completely given ML restrictive timeline.  Like mentioned before, previous iterations and likely the PS4 iteration of 765pro will depict 765pro as rookie idols and rookie idols can’t act as mentors, so ML won't exist until 765pro become top idols. 

I know a lot of Japanese fans see 765's huge presence in ML as "baiting" main series fans,

That’s likely true since ML doesn’t have the popularity as CG or other idol franchises and there's so much competition.  So, they need the original 765pro presence to give them some importance.  Otherwise, people will just ignore them.  And, I guess it also answers the question "what happens next" after 765pro reached top idol.

but I like how it gives our original idols some more depth.

Aside, for some advice giving and having ML characters idealizing Haruka and/or other 765pro idols (as seen in the ML manga and ML trailer), I doubt we will see anything else new for 765pro.  (And, according to the Idolm@ster Mana Manga, Chihaya takes up photography right after her story arc before Haruka’s story arc begins.  So, her new hobby started before the Movie thus before ML).

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2015, 11:00:23 pm »
You're very much on the right track. ML takes place after the originals became superstars and by the time it happens in the anime continuity, the original 765 idols will have long since been superstars.

However, there is the fact that every single game is a different continuity, as in for every single game the story starts over: 765 is back to being rookies and you have to raise them up. Perhaps if they really wanted to have ML in a main game, they can play around a bit and retcon so that they can occur around the same time.

There's also the question of OFA, since ML characters are guest rivals. Are they a part of 765 in that game? If so, then it kinda plays around with the theory you proposed since OFA has, once again, 765 as rookies, so how can ML idols exist when 765 itself is filled with rookies?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2015, 12:50:10 am »
There's also the question of OFA, since ML characters are guest rivals. Are they a part of 765 in that game?

I don't think so.  Like the CG guest rivals, the ML guest rivals are just there for cameo purposes.  In addition, the guest rivals are completely optional (I don't think you unlock anything), and I don't believe there's any story with them.  You just get Exp points and stuff like any normal festival.  Moreover, I think you need to buy their song for them to appear as guest rivals in festival battles.  So, basically ML doesn't really exist in that current 765pro timeline aside from cameo appearance.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2015, 03:27:16 am »
I don't think so.  Like the CG guest rivals, the ML guest rivals are just there for cameo purposes.  In addition, the guest rivals are completely optional (I don't think you unlock anything), and I don't believe there's any story with them.  You just get Exp points and stuff like any normal festival.  Moreover, I think you need to buy their song for them to appear as guest rivals in festival battles.  So, basically ML doesn't really exist in that current 765pro timeline aside from cameo appearance.

Thanks for clarifying that.

As for the PV itself, I really liked it. Granted, I could've gone without the multiple still frames and am kinda disappointed it went back to 2011's art style, but I'm overall happy with this.

That segment with the Best Friends Trio (Kotoha, Elena, and Megumi) was just perfect. :3
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2015, 03:52:41 am »
I don't think the 765 girls are superstars in the actual ML game? They're called senpai by the ML girls (it's a big part of Otome Storm's story iirc), but I assumed they were idols who were just in the business for longer...

Asuka Ninomiya

• Greenhorn
  • Hello~ A big Idolm@ster and Asuka's fan here
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2016, 04:56:38 pm »
please anyone send the lknk for PV..
Keep Calm And Love Nino-chan~~

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2016, 09:42:37 am »