Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Million Live Anime Discussion  (Read 12980 times)

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Million Live Anime Discussion
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2015, 02:26:40 pm »
Yeah, and if A-1's being predictable then the first drama arc will end up being about Tsubasa because the yellow position goes first.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2015, 02:34:18 pm »
And if A-1 is REALLY predictable, Tsubasa quits.

I just don't want the drama to be such a downer. The manga handled it PERFECTLY. While Shizuka's drama happened, Anna, Serika, and Konomi were having their own silly antics at Shizuka's school. Balance it out and don't make it more depressing than a funeral.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2015, 07:37:02 pm »
And if A-1 is REALLY predictable, Tsubasa quits.

I just don't want the drama to be such a downer. The manga handled it PERFECTLY. While Shizuka's drama happened, Anna, Serika, and Konomi were having their own silly antics at Shizuka's school. Balance it out and don't make it more depressing than a funeral.

I had forgotten about Mio from CG.  Yeah, that was pretty bad.  And, I still hate her ever since.

But, I'm sure the drama from Million Live will be fine.  They have more experience and time to plan it out, so that it's more moderate.

One thing I would like for Million Live to have is their own identity.  Rather than simply riding on the success of the 765pro idols, they should become independent (I know it's the same company), and have their own focus and attention.  Not just simply being 765pro successors.  The Cinderella Girls are pretty independent and don't need the 765pro idols for their own identity (Yes, I know it's a different company).  I believe the other units in 346pro are independent from Cinderalla Girls Project for the most part.  So, I want the ML idols to have that same aspect as the CG.  The manga seems to illustrate this as the 765pro are pretty much absent throughout except for the very early chapters.

Of course, that would require a new producer in order to have a new direction.  The 2011 producer wouldn't be a good choice (not only because I don't like him), but he would be constantly comparing them to the 765pro idols.  And, that might create conflict since one of the idols will be mad and jealous that they aren't good enough as their more experienced colleagues and might quit later.  And, the super depressing drama begins.

But, whatever direction ML anime takes, I'm sure it will turn out fine. I already know I'm going to enjoy it better than CG since Chihaya will likely make an appearance even if it's just a few seconds.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 07:54:56 pm by mariokirby »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2015, 08:49:00 pm »
Can anybody that went to the concert confirm this?

I'm hearing that there were actually two animated trailers for Million Live: one for the LIVE THE@TER DREAMERS series and the other for an anime. Is this legit?

Iirc first trailer was for cds, last trailer in the set was for the anime. Pretty certain they explicitly wordered it as such.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2015, 10:00:26 pm »
@mariokirby

The problem I have with A-1 that I mentioned on Friday (which you weren't there for, I know) is that they know how to start and end on a strong note, but everything in between is mixed. Its been like that for both seasons of 2011, the movie, and the first season of CG. At this point, I'm expecting ML to have the same issue. An absolutely fantastic first episode or two followed by a hit-or-miss rest of the season with an excellent ending.

I'm mixed on not having the veterans. On one hand, I would like to see the ML originals stand out on their own and gain their own identity. On the other hand, there are fans out there that can't really give much attention to anything iM@S without the originals, so giving the originals some sort of noteworthy presence (especially in an anime) will give people that comfort zone while still wishing to get to know the newcomers. I say this an someone who loves ML and want more people to appreciate and talk about it with.

Also, I just don't want anymore "I quit" drama. Its been done to death already, especially since A-1 has done it three times with Miki, Kana, and Mio. Really says something when even Akabane (the voice of Producer from 2011) criticized A-1 on Twitter for it.

Iirc first trailer was for cds, last trailer in the set was for the anime. Pretty certain they explicitly wordered it as such.

I call that into question because I'm hearing people say its not an announcement for an anime because if it were, there'd be a much bigger deal made out of it. So far, only Dengeki reported on it and even then I heard they had to retract their statement. I'm really cconfused. @_@
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »
Even if Million Live is really going to have its own anime, I don't think it will be anything this close; We haven't even finish with Cinderella Project, and now we're going to have Million Live together? That's just not gonna happen.

765 had their real anime in 2011, which is 6 years after their debut. Cinderella Girls, however, is much closer then their seniors (like three years after) but there's still a few years of gap in between. So if we're really going to have Million Live anime, at least we should wait for another 3 years; none of these companies will overlap two similar anime in such short period.

I don't know much about how they produce their plots, but since the front-half of Cinderella Project has no much difference than the original, another similar story is predictable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:48:58 pm by OniZetto »

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 12:30:20 am »
I say this an someone who loves ML and want more people to appreciate and talk about it with.

How popular is Million Live now?  I recall some time ago that the CG mobile had like 3 million registered users, but Million Live only had a fraction of that.  But, that was some time ago. 

Million Live is still relatively new.  I'm sure the anime can boost its popularity even if the 765pro idols are not present (of course I have nothing to back up that statement.  I'm just using my guts.)  Though having a strong 765pro presence may actually backfire.  I don't know.  But, there's a lot of idol stuff out there, so they need to step-up their game somehow if they want to make ML stand out.

I can understand where you're coming from since you really love ML and want people to acknowledge it.  After all your favorite idol is Shiho (or am I wrong?)  I think that day will come, but it may take a long time before it reaches that point as long as the anime turns out to be good (which I can understand why you're worried about that since you don't like the usual A-1 formula).

Personally, Million Live has my most favorite artstyle/artwork.  A lot of the idols look pretty. It has the most beautiful looking Chihaya I have ever seen.  So, I've exposed myself to the Million Live characters at least their voices and profile.  I did the same for CG (because of the anime).

Even if Million Live is really going to have its own anime, I don't think it will be anything this close; We haven't even finish with Cinderella Project, and now we're going to have Million Live together? That's just not gonna happen.

Yes, that's true.  I'm sure Namco is smart enough not to do that (though I could be wrong).  Like you mentioned probably not until 3 years later.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 12:41:58 am by mariokirby »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 01:00:14 am »
How popular is Million Live now?  I recall some time ago that the CG mobile had like 3 million registered users, but Million Live only had a fraction of that.  But, that was some time ago. 

Million Live is still relatively new.  I'm sure the anime can boost its popularity even if the 765pro idols are not present (of course I have nothing to back up that statement.  I'm just using my guts.)  Though having a strong 765pro presence may actually backfire.  I don't know.  But, there's a lot of idol stuff out there, so they need to step-up their game somehow if they want to make ML stand out.

I can understand where you're coming from since you really love ML and want people to acknowledge it.  After all your favorite idol is Shiho (or am I wrong?)  I think that day will come, but it may take a long time before it reaches that point as long as the anime turns out to be good (which I can understand why you're worried about that since you don't like the usual A-1 formula).

Personally, Million Live has my most favorite artstyle/artwork.  A lot of the idols look pretty. It has the most beautiful looking Chihaya I have ever seen.  So, I've exposed myself to the Million Live characters at least their voices and profile.  I did the same for CG (because of the anime).

Million Live is relatively popular, but not to the extent of Cinderella Girls. You are right, I shouldn't be too worried right now since the game is only two years old. Hopefully the anime is what'll give it that boost.

Good point on the 765 presence. It might be a hindrance to the original characters since people might either focus too much on the originals or complain that the originals took a back seat to these new characters. I will agree the manga has a great balance, bringing in the originals only for plot reasons (ESPECIALLY in the latest Tsubasa arc).

Shiho is my favorite, hence her current presence as my Skype icon. ;)

The artwork was probably one of the main factors that got me into it. My first exposure to iM@S was the 2011 anime, so ML having a style that was most familiar to me helped. ML also benefits GREATLY from the HUGE leap in art quality. Seriously, compare any card from 2013 to anything from 2015 and the leap in quality is pretty noticeable, imo.

765 had their real anime in 2011, which is 6 years after their debut. Cinderella Girls, however, is much closer then their seniors (like three years after) but there's still a few years of gap in between. So if we're really going to have Million Live anime, at least we should wait for another 3 years; none of these companies will overlap two similar anime in such short period.

I don't know much about how they produce their plots, but since the front-half of Cinderella Project has no much difference than the original, another similar story is predictable.

Absolutely agreed. I am not expecting this to air until 2017 at the earliest; 2018 if they want to hype it up as a fifth anniversary celebration. Airing it in 2016 would feel a bit too soon after Cinderella Girls. Although if you consider CG it's own thing, it'll have been two years since the Movie, which was the last anime-related material to star 765Pro, the agency.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 04:03:42 am »
I just realized that if they use the same main cast they've been pushing in the manga, Tomoka won't get screen time.

My excitement dulled somewhat.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2015, 04:30:55 am »
Would said manga cast happen to include both Kotoha and Sayoko?

(^・ω・^)
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:31 am »
I just realized that if they use the same main cast they've been pushing in the manga, Tomoka won't get screen time.

My excitement dulled somewhat.

I highly doubt that. The manga and anime tend to be mutually exclusive.

Would said manga cast happen to include both Kotoha and Sayoko?

(^・ω・^)

Sayoko hasn't appeared yet, but Kotoha is actually a recurring character. In the manga, she's the leader of the theater.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 05:46:38 am »
Yeah, but ML has a certain cast they tend to push... Just like how CG has the Cinderella Project main girls and other voiced girls who don't get nearly as much attention.

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 11:52:22 am »
We have a lot of characters no matter it's 765 Theater Star or Cinderella Girls, so picking the most popular girls out of the pack and put them into the anime will be inevitable.

Let's just hope your lovely Tomoka make it through the election - if we're going to have it :P

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 04:11:55 pm »
I call that into question because I'm hearing people say its not an announcement for an anime because if it were, there'd be a much bigger deal made out of it. So far, only Dengeki reported on it and even then I heard they had to retract their statement. I'm really cconfused. @_@

It might be because they're not quite ready for the full announcement yet and that the 10th trailer is just a teaser so far.

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 12:45:37 am »
I don't think the anime is a good reason to dislike Mio...

Speaking of the CG anime though, I think one of the well done parts is the Producer. CG Producer interacts with and produces his idols quite a lot and I like that.
So I'm wondering what kind of producer Million Live will end up with. A little harder to imagine than imaging which idols they'll focus on.

Also, Million Live is already two years in, so I think an anime could happen by the latter half of next year depending on how worried they are about competition (probably not that early though).