Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hajimemashite!  (Read 3138 times)

Mami Hatsune

• Greenhorn
  • Your average otaku
    • View Profile
    • Gametaku
Hajimemashite!
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:46:39 pm »
Ohayo gozaimasu! You may call me Mami, my real name is a secret ^.^ As implied by the title, I am learning Japanese. I also Like Vocaloid, Idolmaster (of course!), Love Live, and a few other animes. I also play Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros. and Super Mario. Nintendo 4 life.

While I'm still fairly new to the series, and I don't have any of the games, I love watching videos on youtube. My favorite idols are Ami/Mami, Makoto, Iori, and I'm starting to warm up to Chihaya, Takane, and Hibiki. My favorite songs are Agent Yoru wo Yuku, Go My Way!!, and Kyun! Vampire Girl

Yoroshiku onegai shimasu! Nice to meet you all!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Hajimemashite!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 06:45:14 pm »
よろしくね!
Welcome to the forums! Enjoy your stay!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:16:50 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Mami!

Have you seen any of the two iM@S anime, 2011 and Cinderella Girls? If not, I recommend starting there and going from there, such as manga, listen to more of the music, find translated Drama Tracks, etc. Just learn more about the series as a whole.

Enjoy your stay.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 07:42:50 pm »
Welcome.  We're a small, but friendly forum.  So, feel free to post/chat.

As MetalPredat0r explained, I highly recommend watching the 2011 anime first to introduce yourself to the franchise if you haven't seen it yet.  That's how most of us got into Idolm@ster.  Then, afterwards go through the games, music, manga, movie, OVA, drama tracks, etc.

I also highly recommend you playing the main games for Idolm@ster (after watching the anime).  The latest one is One for All for the Playstation 3.  So, One for All is best for those who are starting out the franchise.

We have guides and people here can be a source of help too.  Don't let lack of Japanese stop you from playing the games.  I don't know any Japanese other than a few words/phrases from watching anime.  Yet, I completely enjoyed the games.   After going through everything on Idolm@ster (animes, games, music, etc), you might even stop liking other franchises since Idolm@ster is just that good.  At least that's how it was for me.

I must commend you on trying to learn Japanese.  There are other people here who are doing the same, and it's amazing how much talent you guys have to learn a new language.  Unfortunately, my brain capacity is full, and I can't learn anything else without upgrading my head.

It seems you like Nintendo games.  I'm assuming you own a 3DS?  We also have people here who enjoy these games as well.  We have topics for gaming and anime if you want to discuss.

I ran out of things to say, so sorry about that.  But, I'm sure you will make a lot of friends here.  Especially those who are learning Japanese and contributed a lot to this site.

Mami Hatsune

• Greenhorn
  • Your average otaku
    • View Profile
    • Gametaku
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 07:44:49 pm »
I've seen about half of the first season so far, maybe a bit less, so I've already started on that. I don't have a Playstation so it would be a long time before I would actually be able to play.

Yes, I have a 3DS and a Wii U, and play both of them regularly ^.^

Thanks for the advice guys!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 10:03:20 pm »
I've seen about half of the first season so far, maybe a bit less, so I've already started on that. I don't have a Playstation so it would be a long time before I would actually be able to play.

When you finish 2011, I recommend Cinderella Girls afterwards, if you want. I also recommend skipping the movie, though. Not very good, but it's your call to watch it.

I know Shiny Festa came out on iOS devices internationally, so if you have one of those and have the money to shell out, you can do that.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 10:37:07 pm »
Welcome, Mami!

I like your name!
Following the same pattern, Futami Miku sounds humorous and rolls off the tongue quite nicely, but the name you chose is good too. ^_^

Lots of people here on project-imas (including me) are also Vocaloid fans, so we already have much in common!

Mami Hatsune

• Greenhorn
  • Your average otaku
    • View Profile
    • Gametaku
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 11:48:57 pm »
When you finish 2011, I recommend Cinderella Girls afterwards, if you want. I also recommend skipping the movie, though. Not very good, but it's your call to watch it.

I know Shiny Festa came out on iOS devices internationally, so if you have one of those and have the money to shell out, you can do that.
I have an iPad that I actually use most commonly, but I don't have that kind of cash, plus I've heard its extremely buggy. The only anime movie I have ever watched was Madoka Magica Rebellion so if I continue my pattern chances are I'll end up skipping it anyways.

Welcome, Mami!

I like your name!
Following the same pattern, Futami Miku sounds humorous and rolls off the tongue quite nicely, but the name you chose is good too. ^_^

Lots of people here on project-imas (including me) are also Vocaloid fans, so we already have much in common!
I was actually considering it but from experience usually people call you by the first part of your username, so I didn't want a bunch of people calling me Futami. Similar things have happened in the past so I chose to be safe on that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:50:48 pm by Mami Hatsune »

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 04:14:51 am »
...and I'm starting to warm up to Chihaya, Takane, and Hibiki.
I can tell already we're gonna get along just fine. :3 (They're my three particular favorite.)

Anyways, nice to have you, Mami! Welcome and please feel free to make yourself at home, we're all friendly fellow iM@S fans who wouldn't mind another person to the family.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Mami Hatsune

• Greenhorn
  • Your average otaku
    • View Profile
    • Gametaku
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 04:24:01 am »
Hehe, thanks for all the warm welcomes guys! I can already tell I'm gonna like it here ^.^

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Mami! Vocaloid and im@s? We'll get along just fine. :P

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 05:32:07 am »
Hai! Irashai!

Well, some people here wanted to play the iM@S games too (like me).
Anyway, have fun! o/