Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Friday Get-Togethers Thread  (Read 13362 times)

Yukibro

• View Profile
Re: The Friday Get-Togethers Thread
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2015, 01:18:47 am »
Okay, so I actually have a chance to participate this week. I already know next week is a bust, but at least I can freshen up on my game now.

NNID: AbsoluTeField

As you can see, my naming is the peak of originality.

Any plans on trying the new Smash content tomorrow? Namely the Tournament mode, though I'm not sure what the minimum is.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2015, 01:21:46 am »
Okay, so I actually have a chance to participate this week. I already know next week is a bust, but at least I can freshen up on my game now.

NNID: AbsoluTeField

As you can see, my naming is the peak of originality.

Any plans on trying the new Smash content tomorrow? Namely the Tournament mode, though I'm not sure what the minimum is.

Yes. We were planning on using Tournament Mode as the new standard for our get-togethers since "more poeple + four-player lobbies = no".

I will send a Skype and Wii U invite. Please accept asap.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2015, 05:10:43 am »
Well, that was fun. The input lag left a bit of salt in my mouth. Nice to finally play Smash 3DS for a while =V

The salt was real for the rest. =P

Guess we're calling the tornado at Hyrule Castle 64 "Tornado-senpai". *Gets noticed twice*
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 05:30:23 am by ChocoCats »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2015, 05:31:52 am »
Our new meme courtesy of me and Seth. :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2015, 07:04:12 am »
Today wasn't so bad.  I won a round in MK8.  And, won some rounds in smash.  Though, I missed out on the 3DS smash since I don't have a 3DS.

Thanks, yukibro for coming.  You're pretty good at MK8 since you won a round.  I haven't faced you in Smash, but I'm assuming you're really good.

@Dean

Not sure what happened in MK8.  But, your fearsomeness will make a come back next week.  Just remember that I'm immune to your terror....(*gulp* I hope...)

@Arturo

I didn't get a chance to face your Ryu one on one since you fell of the stage pretty quickly.  I still want revenge from a few weeks ago.

@Esteban

You're really good with Zelda.  I was about to throw in the towel in the last match, but I got lucky.  I heard your voice, but it wasn't super deep.  Was that intentional?  Or did I hear yukibro's instead?

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2015, 05:58:11 pm »
@Esteban

You're really good with Zelda.  I was about to throw in the towel in the last match, but I got lucky.  I heard your voice, but it wasn't super deep.  Was that intentional?  Or did I hear yukibro's instead?
To be honest, that was the first time I actually used Zelda seriously (not really serious, if you consider how much I spammed her teleporting shenanigans :3) as before last night I would just use her once in a while because I didn't feel like playing as anyone else at that particular moment. But yeah, you put up a good fight there. ggwp m8. As for my "super deep" voice, I think you were confusing me with Yukibro. Like Dean and I said, I accidentally Batman'd too hard during puberty. :P
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2015, 02:51:24 am »
Recorded for posterity. Or at least, my posterity.

All in all, that was a hell of a night. I won't be around until 10-11pm EDT next Friday, but if you guys are still doing Smash as long as we did last night, I'll be down for more.

I haven't faced you in Smash, but I'm assuming you're really good.

Right, you ended up in the other room last night. I mean, I guess I'm good, but I don't think I'm amazing. Not just being humble here, either.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2015, 03:14:46 am »

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2015, 08:40:29 am »
To those that still read this thread, I was Luigi.  Yes, that was a humiliating defeat.  But, I still had fun even though I lost.

Now, I do mind if Dean beats me in MK8 (just some random, non-specific rivalry I guess).

And, I'm still bitter about Arturo's Ryu from smash (I fear focus attacks more than I do counters).

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2015, 04:50:31 am »
So, I managed to tie with Dean in 1st place in MK8.  Unbelievable.  I think I'm the only buffer against him completely dominating everyone.

Smash wasn't so good for me.  Lost too many rounds to count.  I'm so terrible, but I had fun.  You guys improved greatly from the time I first played against you.  Now, I'm always running for my life.

But, I did finally settled the score with Arturo's Ryu.  But, that isn't his main character, so it doesn't prove anything.

And, yes Esteban managed to escape me again.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2015, 07:23:03 am »
Triple post...now that's a record for me.

Today was the biggest game night.  We had 8 people including Arturo's best friend.

Special thanks to the people joining us including Okayu, Yukibro (now a pernament member), and Lemon (actually sometimes present in chats but plays once a while).  Was there a 3DS session? I'm not sure.  Usually, Catherine plays those sessions.

Mario Kart 8 had 3 rounds.

Round 1: Dean beat me.

Round 2: Don't ask. Ugh....

Round 3: I beat Dean. (Notice I only care if I beat Dean or not)

I must say MK8 is the one game that will make enemies out of your best friends.  It was total chaos, but awesome at the same time. 

There was so much frustration and agony, but it was really hilarious hearing people's reactions.  I know I'm sort of at fault for fueling people's anger since I hit so many people at vital times.  But, I had a good time.

Smash was pretty good.  I won a few rounds.  No complaints.

@Dean

Your madness will be stopped someday.  Your reckless driving has caused so many casualties, but luckily I kept it under control this time.

@Arturo

I loved your reaction when I hit you with the bullet bill at the finish line.  And, your reaction with Dean at the other race.  I wish I could have recorded it.

@Yukibro

You seem really good with Pac-man.  I would like to fight him someday.  Thanks, for giving up your time to play with us.

@Esteban

Yes, I finally heard your batman voice.  I can sleep in peace now.

@Okayu

It was really fun playing with you.  Thanks for joining us.  I need to learn how to fight megaman.

@Lemon

Thanks for joining mario kart 8.  I think I might of hit you several times.  Sorry, about that.  Blame it on Dean. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 08:13:02 am by mariokirby »