Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Friday Get-Togethers Thread  (Read 13381 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: The Friday Get-Togethers Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 06:39:24 am »
How long do you guys typically play? I'd be up for joining in, but it seems I never get a Friday that gets me out of work early. I'm EST as well.

Three to Four hours, usually.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 08:55:44 am »
Welcome, Yukibro.  Thanks for your videos by the way. (And, thanks Okayu for the translations).

You don't have to stay the entire time if that's more convenient.

I usually leave around an hour or 1.5 hours since I'm pretty much a butler for my parents.  (Actually, the real reason is that I'm a terrible player, so I run away like a coward.)

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2015, 07:43:55 pm »
Like they said, you don't have to stay the entire time, some of us don't/can't. It'd be great to have you along with us if you can, but if not, understandable.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2015, 10:17:00 pm »
Nice to have a Yukibro. Literally, I adore this girl.

So with that said, I'm curious -- what games do you have? I'd be eager for more racing contestants since I pretty much play Mario Kart like this.

:3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 06:32:14 am »
@Everyone (including Seth who probably won't read this)

My apologies for leaving abruptly.  Something really urgent came up, so I shut off everything and left the house literally within 10 seconds.  I hope I didn’t cause too much trouble, but sometimes the unexpected happens.  So, I'm sorry about that. 

Mario Kart 8 was great.  I have no complaints since blue shells are my savior (most of the time).

Only managed 1 game of smash, but I was destroyed (especially by Seth) and looked like a beginner.  My biggest weakness is lag and the new characters.

@Everyone again

Do you guys Skype each other throughout the week? I noticed a ton of chat messages whenever I login.

You know, I hate to admit this (and really embarrassing to say), but you guys are starting to grow on me.  I don't know why.  Just hearing your voices while laughing and having fun makes me feel like I know you guys for a long time.  Seriously, there are very, very few people in this world who can make me laugh.

Ugh...I can't believe I said that.  I just ruined my ego.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 06:39:40 am »
@Everyone (including Seth who probably won't read this)

My apologies for leaving abruptly.  Something really urgent came up, so I shut off everything and left the house literally within 10 seconds.  I hope I didn’t cause too much trouble, but sometimes the unexpected happens.  So, I'm sorry about that. 

Hey man, shit happens. If you have to do something important, I won't hold it against you for prioritizing it over us. I understand that you have your own business.

@Everyone again

Do you guys Skype each other throughout the week? I noticed a ton of chat messages whenever I login.

Yes. Sorry if your notifications exceed about 100. We talk a lot. ^-^;

You know, I hate to admit this (and really embarrassing to say), but you guys are starting to grow on me.  I don't know why.  Just hearing your voices while laughing and having fun makes me feel like I know you guys for a long time.  Seriously, there are very, very few people in this world who can make me laugh.

Ugh...I can't believe I said that.  I just ruined my ego.

Don't feel bad. It's great to have you as part of the group, dude. The more friends, the merrier. You keep it cool and show up to have some fun. It happens. The best part of these get-togethers is hanging out with everyone and having a good time. If you're having fun, that makes me happy and grateful to have come up with these in the first place. Hope to see you again next week, bud. :)
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2015, 04:01:52 am »
Did I miss anything?  Sorry, I couldn't come at the last minute. 

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2015, 06:27:24 pm »
It's all good. We know that not all of us can always be there. Stuff comes up, no problem.
But in regards to missing anything, just the usual shenanigans of gameplay...Although yesterday included the seemingly never ending Hyrule Temple stage and the -Dorfing match.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2015, 06:38:07 pm »
Not to mention my surprise Bowsercide fest that got the best of you lot. :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Yukibro

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »
Sorry if I made it seem like I could join in by now, but I've been sick this week and heading out for vacation for the next week. I was more curious to see if I can make it work out on future dates, which I probably can. I've been meaning to shift work days around, anyway.

Nice to have a Yukibro. Literally, I adore this girl.

So with that said, I'm curious -- what games do you have? I'd be eager for more racing contestants since I pretty much play Mario Kart like this.

:3

As far as this topic goes, I do have MK8 with its DLC and Smash with its DLC. Not sure what else you guys have been playing outside of those, but I can likely reach it if it's on the Wii U or PC.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2015, 02:33:03 am »
@Esteban

You're going to hate me for saying this, but I can barely recall your voice even though I see you at the group call.  Of course, I don't listen to anyone's voice while I'm playing unless they're yelling at me.

@Yukibro

Don't worry.  Whatever is convenient.  The people here are pretty cool.  Just watch out for Dean.  His driving and fighting skills are not something to mess around with.  (I'm just joking).

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2015, 02:37:30 am »
Of course, I don't listen to anyone's voice while I'm playing unless they're yelling at me.

That explains why you're so good at Mario Kart! You actually concentrate!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2015, 02:54:44 am »
The people here are pretty cool.  Just watch out for Dean.  His driving and fighting skills are not something to mess around with.  (I'm just joking).

No worries, there's always me in Smash.  :P
Only on the 3DS though.

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2015, 07:18:49 am »
@Esteban
You're going to hate me for saying this, but I can barely recall your voice even though I see you at the group call.  Of course, I don't listen to anyone's voice while I'm playing unless they're yelling at me.
Lol, not a problem. I'm that guy with an unnaturally deep voice, and a lot of times I talk but have my headset is muted. That, and I'm usually absent or quiet in the first bit. But like they say, you're probably too focused on the game to notice! :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2015, 07:45:57 am »
*Sigh* Today was my worst performance ever in both Smash and Mario Kart.

Seth and Dean totally annihilated me.  I seem to win whenever Arturo's around since he does a good job messing them up.

I lost every round to Seth in Mario Kart.  Dean obviously beats me a couple rounds. (Yes, I was actually holding back hitting Seth, so that he could take you down.  But, it didn't work the way I planned.)

In smash I lost all 3 stocks as Kirby while Dean had 1 stock as Ganondorf.  That was embarrassing.

Arturo, watch out for those two.  They gotten really good since the first time I played against them.

Whew...but that was fun.  Being on the edge of my seat with my palms sweating as any tiny mistake will cost you the match/race.