Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Friday Get-Togethers Thread  (Read 13365 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
The Friday Get-Togethers Thread
« on: May 29, 2015, 05:09:59 pm »
For discussing moments from the Get-Togethers or important announcements for me to make.

For those that don't know, every Friday at 7p.m. EST, a few members of the project-imas forums, including myself, get together on Skype and play some video games online. The games we mainly play are Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

If anybody wants to join us for a Get-Together one of these days, make sure you give me your Skype account so that I may call you and your Nintendo Network ID for the Wii U so that we can all add you because playing online with Friends requires we have you on our Friends Lists.

I sometimes thought about expanding this to other consoles, but so far I am the only person in our current group that owns an Xbox 360 whereas everyone else owns a PS3 or neither. If anybody has an Xbox 360 and either Ultra Street Fighter IV, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, The King of Fighters XIII, Soul Calibur V, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend or Mortal Kombat, let me know and send me your gamertag as I'll send you mine so that I can try and squeeze in some 360 time in the future and actually rebuy my Xbox Live Gold subscription.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The Friday Get-Togethers Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 05:15:45 pm »
Quick announcement!

Tonight's get-together is mainly going to be for Mario Kart 8 as we play through all 48 tracks (including both DLC packs).

If anybody with a Wii U and Mario Kart 8 (must have both DLC packs) wishes to play with us tonight, please PM me your Nintendo Network ID and send me a message on Skype stating your name on the forums and I will add you on both Skype and the Wii U.

My Skype is kryptoncrusher.net. I'm also listed there as Arturo Arias. If you find that name with a picture of Shiho Kitazawa from Million Live in glasses, that's me.

My Nintendo Network ID is GodslayerSword12. My Mii is a tan-skinned green-shirt guy with glasses.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 06:15:13 pm »
Good call to make this a separate thread; it helps to get that acquaintance going for potential friendly faces.

Adding onto Skype, we've a group call throughout, but microphones aren't necessary so feel free to use the chat. We tend to fuck around well enough with that, and you'll even find another side to me.

As for console expansion, this may be a fickle -- while we've yet to see results, I'm personally wary of it for now as it'd splinter our player base too hard. Group play is the heart and soul of these, I feel.

Now then, I'm unable to do tonight as I work the weekend. Perhaps another time I'll Sm4sh your faces in. :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:09 pm »
Well, I'm ALWAYS busy Friday nights, but from the few times I've made it I can vouch that these things are crazy even if I can't play anything with you guys. ^^" I'll try to make next week. I have Chorale rehearsal tonight, but I don't think there's anything on the calendar next week.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 07:08:58 am »
Sounds like a lot of fun, honestly. I'd love to join in and hang out with some fellow forumers, but I doubt there's much I could be playing with y'all. :P Got an Xbox 360 and a Wii U but they're...Troublesome with online connectivity. Anyways, if you'll be willing to accept me, feel free to add me on Skype at vasquez_thexiv. I'm available mostly at night but like I said, don't expect me to be playing many games but always up for just general chit-chat.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 06:39:39 pm »
Sounds like a lot of fun, honestly. I'd love to join in and hang out with some fellow forumers, but I doubt there's much I could be playing with y'all. :P Got an Xbox 360 and a Wii U but they're...Troublesome with online connectivity. Anyways, if you'll be willing to accept me, feel free to add me on Skype at vasquez_thexiv. I'm available mostly at night but like I said, don't expect me to be playing many games but always up for just general chit-chat.

Not a problem. Everyone's welcome as long everyone's nice and civil.

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 04:24:25 am »
Great! Nice and civil I can do. Looking forward to it!
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 10:31:48 pm »
I wish I could take part in this but the games I play are either VNs or Crash Tag Team/The Sims 2/Worms 1&2/Tales of Eternia (I play games with emulators)....

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 04:57:53 am »
I wish I could take part in this but the games I play are either VNs or Crash Tag Team/The Sims 2/Worms 1&2/Tales of Eternia (I play games with emulators)....

I haven't joined yet.  I'll probably cause a bunch of lag to everyone. 

Just curious, I wonder how much lag do you guys experience?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 05:00:13 am »
I haven't joined yet.  I'll probably cause a bunch of lag to everyone. 

Just curious, I wonder how much lag do you guys experience?

It depends on the game and connection. For Mario Kart, none. Mario Kart is as smooth as it gets for online because online experience is individual. Smash Bros., however, depends on the kind of connection one has. If at least one person has a bad connection, it effects everyone. Most times, Smash works fine, though there are times where performance is.......questionable.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 07:48:11 pm »
You know, I'm really curious on how good my connection is.  I think I can try to play with you all tomorrow if you don't have enough players.  I hope I got the time zone correct.  Don't worry, I'll leave if I'm causing too much lag.

@MetalPredat0r

I will PM you my stuff as soon as I can.  Thanks.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 08:02:33 pm »
You know, I'm really curious on how good my connection is.  I think I can try to play with you all tomorrow if you don't have enough players.  I hope I got the time zone correct.  Don't worry, I'll leave if I'm causing too much lag.

@MetalPredat0r

I will PM you my stuff as soon as I can.  Thanks.

Alright. I'll give you all the info on Skype.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 04:31:26 am »
Hey, sorry about leaving so early.  I'm kind of acting like a butler for my parents.

Also, sorry, I wasn't not talking much.  Just trying to be polite and all.

Anyways, great session.  I had a lot of fun.

How was the lag for Smash bros?

@everyone

Do you guys know each other?  You guys seem pretty close.

@Deviantprotagonist

Dean, how are you so good on 200cc?  I don't understand.  If I go too fast I hit the wall, but if I brake, then everyone passes me up.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 04:49:07 am »
@everyone

Do you guys know each other?  You guys seem pretty close.

Yes, the majority of us have known each other for almost a year.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 05:14:00 am »
@kirby I was actually a new guy amongst y'all too.

Anyways, tonight was pretty cool. Glad I got to hang out with everyone and that I finally got my internet working. Looking forward to next week!