Username: Password:

Author Topic: Karaoke Time!  (Read 7023 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Karaoke Time!
« on: April 10, 2015, 01:30:18 am »
I asked about making this in the General Thoughts thread, and it looked like enough of you were interested to warrant its creation.
So without further ado, I present the Karaoke Thread!

~*[General Thread Guidelines]*~
1. Professional and non-professional covers are welcome. To elaborate, if you have a program like Audacity and a professional-grade microphone with which to record, go for it! If you have a crappy microphone and a program that just lets you record background music really muted in the background, go for it! I'm with you guys. :P
2. A cappella covers are also totally welcome. Go for it.
3. As far as song content, I would suggest referring to forum rules. However, as far as I'm personally concerned, since it's a song and it's not like it's your words, if there's a song you really like that happens to curse a few times and happens to involve sex (because let's be honest, what popular English song nowadays ISN'T about sex?), I won't mind.
4. Songs don't have to be iDOLM@STER related.
5. You can sing in any language. Sing in Swahili or Russian or Welsh or Korean or English or whatever your heart desires.
6. You can use instrumental tracks.
7. A website I can recommend to those of you who just want to sing a cappella is vocaroo.com, which is a voice recording site. Take warning, though: links to your uploads on this site DO expire after a time and WILL erase your work, so if you plan to keep this thing forever, I suggest using something more reliable. It is great for something you just want to do really quickly, though.

I might update that list as I remember stuff or people make suggestions.

~*[Personal Guidelines That Apply Only To Me That Are Mildly Important To Your Understanding Of Stuff I Do]*~
1. Covers tagged [iPad] were recorded on my iPad using a program that lets me record instrumental tracks in the background JUST loud enough for it to actually make sense.
2. Covers tagged [A Cappella] were recorded without instrumentals using a fancy microphone.
3. Covers tagged [Professional] were recorded using a fancy microphone AND Audacity.
3.5. I don't actually own a fancy microphone yet so I won't actually be recording anything tagged [A Cappella] or [Professional] yet.
4. If a song is tagged with a name ([Marsha], [Haru], etc.), that song is sung in the voices of one of my characters because I sing in character voices a lot. If a song is not tagged with any name, I sang it in my natural voice.

Everything else is unimportant/up to you. :U
Go wild and have fun, guys!
I'll be adding something myself eventually :U
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:32:33 am by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: Karaoke Time!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 02:10:43 am »
Sounds fun! Only issue I have is finding somewhere to upload audio files. Anybody know a place where I can do it and keep it permanently?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 03:00:43 am »
You know, I was right to opt against posting a similar thread since this one entails the use of your voice. So, in addition to karaoke, we could also share our voice to one another -- even if without an inclination to singing, yourself. I've always wondered what the lot of you sound like, so here's my share to ease things along. :3

That blatant sexiness aside, Mediafire is definitely good as an alternative file host; you can register, then simply drop in folders the MP3 files you want to link to. It's a more permanent choice, but regardless you'll get more out of Vocaroo on the fly. Really depends on your mood.

That being said, time for me to get into the spirit of this thread; here's a fabulous cover I did in devotion for my beloved Chihaya-chan~. You 90's folk will get it for sure.

Also I'm terrible something fierce. :U
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 03:38:54 am »
This sounds like a lot of fun. I think I might try tonight just for funsies! :3

That being said, time for me to get into the spirit of this thread; here's a fabulous cover I did in devotion for my beloved Chihaya-chan~. You 90's folk will get it for sure.

I love backstreet boys
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 04:24:21 am by animagic4u »

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 02:34:13 pm »
Well I'm not the best singer but I did a few covers (alone and with friends)
so here they are

99 Nights - (I did Miki, my friend Souly did Hibiki)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a4PqmXD9qU

Tokimeki Escalate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwBzBWweiwU

Thank you! (the song starts a bit later since I first did a short dub before the song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aadJE_NPtDU

Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajR602N5tF0

Visionary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6eXCGqzeX8

Little Match Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36F2CY_YjlM

Onegai Cinderella
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAjP1RoRlmk

Fate of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv4d1Wu25gI

My best friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPg2iAdWyx4

Visionary (with my friend Papina)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-H26ptQzp0

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 03:06:14 pm »
6. You can use instrumental tracks.

What do you mean by this?

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 03:08:37 pm »

They're simply off-vocal versions of a song, like the "Original Karaoke"s written on CDs.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 03:34:52 pm »
They're simply off-vocal versions of a song, like the "Original Karaoke"s written on CDs.

Is it just that? Isn't that already clear with "If you have a crappy microphone and a program that just lets you record background music really muted in the background, go for it!" and "2. A cappella covers are also totally welcome. Go for it." Or does it mean instrumental covers are also welcome? That's what i'd do, that's why i'm asking.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 05:10:29 pm »
You know, I was right to opt against posting a similar thread since this one entails the use of your voice. So, in addition to karaoke, we could also share our voice to one another -- even if without an inclination to singing, yourself. I've always wondered what the lot of you sound like, so here's my share to ease things along. :3

That blatant sexiness aside, Mediafire is definitely good as an alternative file host; you can register, then simply drop in folders the MP3 files you want to link to. It's a more permanent choice, but regardless you'll get more out of Vocaroo on the fly. Really depends on your mood.

Dean
Dean holy crap
Holy crap Dean that was beautiful
I'm trying to do school and you're making me laugh in front of my mom dangit

ChocoCats is right, yes. You are ALSO right in the sense that I pretty much already covered that in previous rules, but I figured I would add that just in case to make it abundantly clear that, yes, the use of off-vocals is totally welcome.

As for you, Kimiko, I look forward to hearing what you've done!
As soon as YouTube gets unblocked again darn it

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 12:55:41 am »
Definitely a grand start, Kimiko! You've a very pleasant voice, and personal favourites like Little Match Girl and Fate of the World are much appreciated. When did you take up singing?

Dean
Dean holy crap
Holy crap Dean that was beautiful
I'm trying to do school and you're making me laugh in front of my mom dangit

My pleasure. Sometimes I even make myself gush in light of my god-tier skills. :U

Expect this to be a preview of sorts, since I'm all for dabbling in karaoke for fun.

This sounds like a lot of fun. I think I might try tonight just for funsies! :3

I love backstreet boys

Looking forward to it, ani. While Backstreet Boys' context tend to be taken with jest, I do enjoy their genuine pop. Songs like Everybody and Larger Than Life make damn good dance tunes.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:47:28 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 08:55:33 am »
Definitely a grand start, Kimiko! You've a very pleasant voice, and personal favourites like Little Match Girl and Fate of the World are much appreciated. When did you take up singing?

Well, I always liked singing, I even went to a highschool for music but I kinda droped that after starting to work
now that I am going to school again (need to finish my last classes) I have more free time and startet singing regularly a year again ^^
And I'm going to cover manymore songs ^^

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 08:09:04 pm »
Kimiko, I agree, you have a very nice voice. :3 The songs you chose seemed to suit t well.

Well, I can now announce that I have actually done covers myself that I want to post! Without further ado:

This one is almost half an hour long, so I don't suggest playing it for a quick listen. ^^"
[iPad] [Byakura] [Kenchi] [Haru] [Uane] [Enra] [Neku] [Koko] [Guru] [Aime] [Natsu] [Nami] [Soumin]
Music Wizard of Oz
(Something I forgot to mention in my commentary: This song features a lot of harmonies and people singing over one another so I just picked someone and tried my best.
I kinda failed but whatever.
Kenchi's notes are too low for me help ;-;
OK lemme try to detail which loli sang where in the munchkin song
Starts with Nami, then Aime, then Koko, then Guru, then Nami again, then Natsu, then Aime, then Koko, then Natsu, then Nami, then Koko, back to Byakura, then Koko, back to Byakura, then Koko, then Byakura, then Aime, then on to Byakura OH YEAH I DID IT)

[iPad]
Daydream Flight

[iPad]
Mrs. Pumpkin's Comical Dream

And lastly, in the spirit of iDOLM@STER...
[iPad]
Kyun! Vampire Girl M@STER Version

I would apologize for crappy quality but by now you all should know everything I do will be crappy quality so

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 08:35:50 pm »
I'm still listening to the files and I can only understand what you're saying in English... but you sound good, Grace!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 08:44:35 pm »
You have a very Makoto-sounding singing voice, Grace. I approve greatly!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 08:46:59 pm »
You have a very Makoto-sounding singing voice, Grace. I approve greatly!

OH MY GOSH REALLY THANK YOU I APPRECIATE IT OH WOW HAHA--
*shot*
I'm sorry, thank you. x3

I'm still listening to the files and I can only understand what you're saying in English... but you sound good, Grace!

Lol yeah good luck getting me to sing in English
Unless they're my translyrics which I ought to try to do one day xD
That's what Google is for U:

Anyhow. Thank you very much. :3

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!