Username: Password:

Author Topic: Five Random Facts About Yourself  (Read 8776 times)

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
Five Random Facts About Yourself
« on: April 01, 2015, 06:16:26 am »
On another forum (vocaloidotaku) there's a thread like this where people post five random facts about themselves and it gets some interesting responses, so I'll start a copy here on project-imas.

Here are five random facts about me:

1. I try to walk two miles on a treadmill every day, but since the beginning of this year random tasks have been popping up most days that prevent me from doing it.

2. In elementary school I won an award for having good handwriting but today my handwriting is awful. I can write neatly, but in order to do it I have to write slowly.

3. I love Japanese food but I can't order most of the items on the menu because I don't eat meat anymore.

4. I have myopia and 20/20 vision without glasses (my glasses do make distant objects appear a little clearer).

5. For breakfast I usually have the same three things: orange juice, cereal and yogurt. Sometimes I'll substitute oatmeal for the cereal.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: Five Random Facts About Yourself
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 12:03:53 pm »
Sure, doesn't hurt to have people know you more;

1. I'm one to walk to work almost everyday -- which comes to be a 10 to 15 minute affair -- depending on my leisure. Keeps me in shape, for certain. At this point I'm half-expecting it to be my mom's genes, as she's been a genuine 'walk-a-holic' for years.

2. As a fan of comic adaptations, I'm still undecided on who nailed their role by far -- Hugh Jackman's Wolverine, Robert Downey's Stark or Heath Ledger's Joker. They're just that damned memorable. Still gutted by Ledger's passing, but he's left his mark for sure.

3. Looking far back as I can, the first time I admittedly crushed on a fictional character was with Princess Camille of the Japanese animated film, Little Nemo. She was dignified, yet had that soft side. It also helps that the story dealt with the intricacies of dreaming.

4. In fonder memories, I recall a time when as a youngun I sat with my little sister. We were both on the couch, our dad having us take a picture. The cutest thing about it was that we've opted to be literally buried in stuffed animals. Reminiscence is a beautiful thing.

5. Lastly, I'm agnostic; while I've no concrete beliefs, I feel there's a form of omniscience to exist beyond our physical plane. Not only do established religions find themselves prone to bigotry and even violence, I'd rather be content with knowing my answer once I pass.

Alright, whose next?
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 06:04:05 pm »
I remember playing with stuffed animals as a kid. That was a whole other world and another life.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:56:57 pm »
Alright, let's do this.

1. I had asthma a few years ago. It was mainly due to something clogging up my nose, however over time my body eventually outgrew the clog and thus it doesn't bother me anymore.

2. I procrastinate. OFTEN! Like, I will save some things at the last second and yet I usually make it out okay. I know that's a habit I should seriously start to kick.

3. I slept with a night-light until I was, like, 8. Hey, don't laugh! When you're a child, the dark is SCARY! Speaking of, I'm also easily frightened. If I see anything extremely scary, I will literally lose sleep because of it, hence why I do not like the horror genre.

4. According to stories my family have told me, when I was born, the very first thing my older brother did was stuff an Oreo cookie down my mouth. I guess you can say it was a catalyst for my Oreo obsession.

5. I can't whistle or burp. I didn't learn to snap my fingers until late middle school/early high school.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 07:27:27 pm »
1. My first car accident was last week when I drove to my college class. Both me and the driver were okay, but our cars were totaled. I'm a bit of a crybaby, and I'm really bad with getting yelled at, so it was pretty bad at first.

2. I'm klutzy to the point that I was trending on Twitter after I accidently started a war between two high schools in the same district. I tripped and fell flat on my face at a car raffle pep rally in a stadium of 4000 students on live TV.

3. I've been in theater arts and musicals since I was born.. literally. Apparently, my first play was when I was 1.

4. Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream is the best ice cream in the world. No exceptions.

5. My goal for this year is to get a computer with a better processor, as I want to record some DS gameplay for the wiki. Particularly, all of the dance panels.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 08:17:57 pm »
I've been in two car accidents. The first one was totally my fault and the second one was totally not my fault. I was shaken up for a while after both accidents but fortunately I wasn't injured and neither was the other driver in the second accident (there was no other driver in the first accident). Now I'm especially careful to avoid getting into another accident because I'm afraid of getting PTSD.

About whistling, that's something I do a lot since I'm not good at singing. I try not to whistle when people can hear me, though, because I don't want to annoy them. My favorite songs are the ones that are fun to whistle along with.

seibo

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 04:59:05 am »
Oooh this seems fun!

1) My current relationship started as a long distance relationship (2 out of 4 years so far)

2) I have a weird bone nubbin on my left rib

3) Before I realized I was bi I thought that liking boobs was a totally straight thing to do

4) My greatest fear is running over someone with my car

5) My sister and I preferred to play with Polly Pockets over barbies because they were a better height to use in conjunction with pokemon action figures

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 05:37:48 am »
seibo, do you think you could've broken your rib without realizing it? I have a nubbin on my sternum and I think that could be the place where it healed after a childhood sledding accident.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 05:39:47 am by altuixde »

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 06:26:51 am »
Well then.

1. I was born with my umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. According to my mother, she gave birth to me because my father wanted a 3rd child to quell quarrels between my older siblings (they get along fine most of the time anyways). Then he wanted to get a 4th child, hopefully a boy, to balance out. He got what he wanted.

2. I had a strange habit of pinching my mother's elbow. That died out when I get older.

3. I deep cut my left middle finger trying to open a soda can and my parents had to go to a hospital to get it stitched. After that, I can't open them myself without asking my guardians until I got older.

4. One of my first video games was Yoshi Island on the GBA. My family beat it numerous times though we never complete it 100% (we never knew that Extra levels exist) and we could never beat Secret-6. We also played Mario Kart Super Circuit and we always played as light weights (mostly Yoshi and Toad). For those who played Smash with me, you can guess why I mained as him. He's was my favorite character since then and would always played as him at every spin-offs he's in.

5. I like to do Jigsaw puzzles. I was pissed when I found out that my parents lost a piece from the 1,000-piece Stonehenge puzzle I got from London last summer when I came back from art class.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:04:01 pm by ChocoCats »

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 07:01:09 am »
5. Lastly, I'm agnostic; while I've no concrete beliefs, I feel there's a form of omniscience to exist beyond our physical plane. Not only do established religions find themselves prone to bigotry and even violence, I'd rather be content with knowing my answer once I pass.
3) Before I realized I was bi I thought that liking boobs was a totally straight thing to do
I can relate to these, to an extent.

1. Somewhat related to Seibo's, the very few times I'm affected by fanservice (I consider myself demi-), it tends to be male-orientated fanservice. I've always had more of a fascination towards women's bodies than men's, and I'm not quite sure why - yet when I do become interested in someone, they've always been male. Eh. -shrug-

2. Wordplay and taking things completely and utterly "seriously" tend to be my favorite forms of humor, although the latter causes problems, typically because my intonation doesn't make it clear.

3. I curse like a sailor nowadays (I don't do so here simply because of the forum terms), but when younger, hearing but a "damn" out of me would shock those around; I was always the kid who tried to be squeaky-clean. I gave up on that around 15-16, though, because life.

4. While I rarely watch television in general to begin with, I avoid medical dramas like the plague. The last time I watched a few minutes of one, I went to bed feeling really agitated for no apparent reason. I think they're just way too emotionally arousing for me, given their topics.

5. I overthink EVERYTHING, and tend to operate on pure logic. This has its consequences; I tend to have some really strange/conflicting/whathaveyou opinions on things that may or may not change in a heartbeat given new information, yet this same trait seems to be why people like me sometimes.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 10:38:36 pm »
Ooh, this seems cool. Let's go.

1. I am addicted to deviled eggs. Every time we go somewhere that has them, I have to force myself not to just take the whole container to snack on.

2. On the topic of religion, I'm a strong Christian. But I'm not an obnoxious Christian. If I ever DO do something obnoxious, please tell me so I can apologize. Some of you have already done so, and I appreciate it.

3. Apologizing is like a habit. I say "sorry" way too much, sometimes even when I've done literally nothing wrong.

4. I once banned my little sister from a video game because she made a new save and overwrote mine and my older sister's ALMOST FINISHED save slot. She wasn't allowed back on that game for at least three years.

5. I don't mean to brag *hairtoss* but I'm like the greatest voice actress ever. My sister (younger, Jo) and I voice all of our characters from our books and stuff and do this giant live action role play thing we call The Game. Everyone has a distinct voice and we have so much fun. I make a convincing dude too lol.
On this topic, my friend Amy and I have this long-lasting five/six-year-long ongoing role play that's turned into a franchise and it's beautiful and I sing as characters from that all the time.

Bonus 6. I still sleep with a stuffed toy shaped like a little man I call "Bro". He's warm and soft and feels like a real person but he doesn't kick you or force you onto the edge of the bed like real people do so he's more comfy to sleep with. Since I'm not romantically attracted to anyone as of now, he's my boyfriend.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

seibo

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:48 am »
seibo, do you think you could've broken your rib without realizing it? I have a nubbin on my sternum and I think that could be the place where it healed after a childhood sledding accident.

Mmmaybe? I asked my doctor about it and she just told me that sometimes people's bodies have weird abnormalities. So long as it isn't cancer I'm fine with it (although my sweetie sometimes complains about it jabbing him when we cuddle  :-[)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 05:05:46 am »
I remember playing with stuffed animals as a kid. That was a whole other world and another life.

Tell me about it. There's just some things you outright can't let go, what with my case being the sheer innocence of life.

3. I slept with a night-light until I was, like, 8. Hey, don't laugh! When you're a child, the dark is SCARY! Speaking of, I'm also easily frightened. If I see anything extremely scary, I will literally lose sleep because of it, hence why I do not like the horror genre.

5. I can't whistle or burp.

I do get pretty jumpy whenever I walk at night, though in fairness that comes with the paranoia of suddenly coming upon a bear or even a damn cougar. These encounters are certainly possible from what goes up in Canada -- it's why I keep a folding knife, just in case. I once even had to stay elsewhere for the day, as some friends and I heard bear noises near the distance of my home. Shit, even my mom saw a cougar, and she was wise to slowly retreat inside the house. Both of this occurred in broad daylight, no less. Gunshots are pretty telltale, afterwards.

Moving on to the horror genre, I'll just go ahead and describe my experiences with the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise; I love and hate it with every part of my soul, because it employs the genre in a novel way that makes even jumpscares terrifying -- the set-up is there. You're to work five nights as a security guard for a dilapidated family restaurant. The main attraction was a set of animatronic animal characters that performed music and appealed to the children. These machines were flawed, as they're set to follow simple directives and virtually had no maintenance.

For a history lesson, a man dressed as one of the animatronics lured up to five children to an unknown part of the restaurant. Now deemed a suspect, he was eventually caught, but neither the children nor their bodies were ever found. This harmed the places' reputation, but the restaurant was able to stave off closure for a while longer. One day, that came to end when an incident known as "the Bite of '87" occurred, in which a human victim had their frontal lobe torn off, apparently by one of the animatronics. Coupled with various health violations, the coffin was nailed.

What's worse in regards to those violations? Prior to the closing, numerous customers had already complained of the animatronics' smell, and they had what looked to be blood and mucus leaking through their facial orifices. Winding the clock to the present, your duty is to monitor the cameras and make sure everything is in order. However, this is when you unwittingly come upon a mistake that'll rest upon your shoulders for the rest of your life; looking back to the animatronic's directives, they're to wander the restaurant at night as their joints would lock up if left dormant for too long.

Because you're there after business hours, these things also won't recognize you as human; rather, they'll deem you an endoskeleton without a 'costume' on. As this is against the rules of Freddy's restaurant, they will attempt to forcibly stuff you inside an animatronic suit. Unfortunately, there's simply no room for a human to stay alive inside, as these costumes are filled with crossbeams, wires and other structural pieces to accommodate the endoskeleton. You will not die quietly. You're more than free to use what electricity you have to keep them away, but 'what' is the keyword.

But this is probably unnerving you so I'll stop right there. :P

As far as whistling goes? Used to be likewise, but that gradually came through the common boredom I had at work. Funnily enough, I could only produce this drawn-out, monotone whistle when I first dabbled with it -- my mom cheekily likened it to a blizzard. Eventually? I've improved to the point I can change tone and whistle familiar tunes by whim. Just takes practice, really.

In regards to burping, I'm finding that rather hard to believe. Couldn't you just have something like a soft drink for that belch to ambush you like a demon spawn from hell? :P

1. My first car accident was last week when I drove to my college class. Both me and the driver were okay, but our cars were totaled. I'm a bit of a crybaby, and I'm really bad with getting yelled at, so it was pretty bad at first.

5. My goal for this year is to get a computer with a better processor, as I want to record some DS gameplay for the wiki. Particularly, all of the dance panels.

I've come across various post-accidents in my time, yet there was one I witnessed first-hand. Mom and I came upon a T junction leading to the town we've opted to stop by. Right then, a car was pulling from the town road whilst a pick-up truck was speeding from the main highway -- the latter coming opposite to where we were.

In that instant, I saw those two vehicles literally disappear in a gust of dirt, as the car was T-boned by the truck. Fucking ow. When it settled, we sought to pull over along other pedestrians who were rattled. All three of the occupants were okay -- the man in the car sustained a broken leg, which is amazing considering the angle of impact. The pick-up had an elderly couple going, with the male driver having convulsions the moment he realized this incident. We had to calm him down following the 911 call.

Overall, things like this really do open your eyes -- it's definitely not something to take for granted. Shit, not only am I glad the result came as well as it did, but I can wholly understand the implications of PTSD; I can still somewhat see the incident reoccurring every time I pull up to that T junction. Pretty scary stuff.

On a brighter side, it'll be you and I both as far as procuring a decent rig goes; I want to be able to have my game-face going especially true, when the PS4 iteration of iM@S swings around. It'd be an opportune time to record stuff with that delicious sound, supplementing 1080p and 60 frames-per-second. :3

1. Somewhat related to Seibo's, the very few times I'm affected by fanservice (I consider myself demi-), it tends to be male-orientated fanservice. I've always had more of a fascination towards women's bodies than men's, and I'm not quite sure why - yet when I do become interested in someone, they've always been male. Eh. -shrug-

5. I overthink EVERYTHING, and tend to operate on pure logic. This has its consequences; I tend to have some really strange/conflicting/whathaveyou opinions on things that may or may not change in a heartbeat given new information, yet this same trait seems to be why people like me sometimes.

Speaking from a neutral perspective, the appeal towards a woman's body comes natural as it's a central focus for sex topics. That, and femininity is a major asset in itself as men lack this. Apply the notion to Japanese media and it'll shower in that particular mindset -- this is especially true when things can be exaggerated.

Moving to the latter point, I like that about you; it indicates a strong inquisitivity, something to keep a conversation going even up to the more basic things. That appeals to my innate sense of wonder, personally.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:28:57 am by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 12:46:45 am »
1. I consider myself bi/pansexual but I haven't been attracted to a real male in years. I still say bi instead of lesbian because there are some fictional males I like. hei from darker than black I don't know if that counts, but eh.

2. I have an obsession with penguins that everyone around me likes to tease me for. I collect stuffed penguins, I have a penguin wallet, phone case, and lots of clothing items... I think they're adorable! I'd love to meet one someday.

3. I want to be either a elementary school teacher, a psychologist, or teaching English in Japan. I honestly have no clue what I want to do with my life. I've been told I'm amazing with kids, and I have a soft spot for them, so it might be the former. I'm working at A Certain Deparment Store right now, though. (It's Macy's. I work at Macy's).

4. I just recently had a (relatively) huge growth spurt and grew over two inches. I'm 20. I finished most of my growing at 12. I was always the giant girl until middle school because I grew fast.

5. I literally cannot eat green peppers without retching. The texture is beyond vile to me :/ I'm a really texture oriented person when I eat, and a lot of people would call me a ridiculously picky eater. I always eat really, really basic food, like sandwiches with not a ton on them, or burgers with just mustard, or an omelette with just feta and ketchup.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 06:29:22 am »
What do you think of baby penguins? They're so cute! I like their gray coats.

Tell me about it. There's just some things you outright can't let go, what with my case being the sheer innocence of life.

My siblings and I had a whole closet shelf of stuffed animals; we used to make them come alive and interact with each other. A child's imagination is something that I've lost... or at least haven't used for a long time. It's definitely something to be cherished and not interfered with. Maybe this is why our society doesn't pressure children with work and reality.