Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 67176 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #376 on: May 22, 2016, 09:15:39 am »
My brother from out of town took us out to eat at a Japanese restaurant.  I'm a novice when using chopsticks, but somehow managed to eat my food.  I've heard you should hold them sort of like a pencil (though my food keeps falling down).  I should see some youtube tutorials.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #377 on: May 22, 2016, 09:42:11 am »
I never see anyone say this, but you keep the bottom in place by pushing in with the middle of your thumb against your third or fourth finger (which kinda pushes out to resist). You get that tension in, and that bottom stick isn't going anywhere. After that, you just gotta exercise the tip of the thumb and the index finger to apply torque to the tip of the bottom stick. Should be like tapping on a desk, though.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 22, 2016, 06:45:03 pm »
Oh, thanks Cael for the helpful tips especially with the index finger and thumb part.  You seem to know some general knowledge on a lot of stuff. 

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2016, 06:54:40 pm »
Sorry, for double posting.  (At this point I don't think anyone cares).

I helped my older brother replace the refill valve in the toilet of our parent's bathroom.  Of course, I'm not a plumber, but thankfully the job wasn't too difficult.

I guess I'm living up to my internet name.  You know, mariokirby.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »
I think double posting can be excused so long as the content is new and relevant, ie not spam nor redundant. Same deal goes for necros.

Moreover to handiwork, I changed my first tire so huzzah~. The bolts on my co-worker's initial flat were a bitch to pry loose, right to the point I had to force my whole weight onto them, since lifting her minivan like the Incredible Hulk wasn't doing it.

Kind of sucked we didn't have a rotary wrench, either, but the post-work thereafter went pretty smooth. Yay for moar job experience? :3
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:06:31 pm by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 28, 2016, 06:44:45 am »
Oh, I see.  That's cool.  The worse I've done here is triple posting.

But, I think the easiest way to change a flat tire is to use a T-shaped wrench (I forgot what they're actually called).  You have a better mechanical advantage, so you don't have jump on the wrench to get enough force to loosen the bolt.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 28, 2016, 07:52:18 am »
My mother got confined to the hospital and I still I dunno why.

I hope this isn't something serious.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 28, 2016, 10:31:25 pm »
^

Sorry, the hear that.  It worries me too seeing my parents in the hospital.

I finally rank up to Producer on this forum.  Finally, I can join the elites (just kidding.  I'm still not as knowledgeable about im@s as the other folks are.  I still have a lot to improve myself on).

terucchi

• Apprentice
  • nico nico nii madafaka
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 29, 2016, 12:56:04 pm »
Why am i living not in the im@s universe what is my purpose here and why do we live

Sent from my IVO V5 using Tapatalk

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 29, 2016, 08:41:28 pm »
More smileys!

>:D :)) O0 C:-)

There's also this: but I don't know how to produce it (other than inserting the image).

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 02, 2016, 04:30:53 am »
Well, it looks like I'm going to be out of town the entire month of August.  Which is terrible because I wanted to play Platinum Stars on release date, but I don't think I'll be able to until after August.  I'll still have internet access, thankfully.  So, I'll try to follow it as much as possible until I come back home to finally play it.

My twin brother will be playing it on release date, so he'll likely start posting a bunch of questions here.  I'm sure you guys won't mind since you all are helpful people.  Don't worry.  He's a nice guy.  He goes by "Miki Fan" here.  But, if he ever causes trouble, then let me know immediately, so that I can knock some sense into him.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 02, 2016, 05:29:51 pm »
Whenever our President-elect talks, I lose a few motes of hope I still have for this country.

I need to get out of here.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 05:31:25 pm by Ivan The Mouse »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 02, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »
Conversely? I just love not engaging in politics. :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 02, 2016, 07:58:23 pm »
On the other hand, I love politics - not because I necessarily have an opinion in them, but because elections get me paid.

More accurately, I'm working the upcoming Australian Federal Election, as a representative of the AEC, the government body that makes sure no one cheats like all hell, and will work as a 2IC (Second in Charge) at a polling booth.

I have a very formal position of neutrality in politics, and it's just my job to make sure that a vote counts. I have no position to who you vote for, but your vote should count, and the process is fair. In fact my position demands that, since I have to make sure I remain impartial to the Australian election process (and we get into real trouble if we influence a person's vote)

Flowing from that position, I'd like to put a thought for you in regards to US politics -

Given that Donald Trump is a (from a benign observation) a very self centered narcissistic (hard to argue otherwise given he names everything after himself) billionaire, and that Hilary Clinton is currently up on several charges (FBI are after her, from my understanding), and has at least one set of fraud allegations leveled against her (The Clinton Foundation stuff) there's a question I'd ask to the US citizens.

If they're the best choices you have and are the ones offered, I'd argue that the fact the country says these guys are the best to offer says that you've got a lot more problems than the simple fact that either of the two are the front runners.

Or more accurately, 'Where are all the sane candidates? Is this really what the US believes are the good options?'

In the double dissolution election here, we don't have anyone that fits either description here (of either kind) across most of the political spectrum, so you can probably see why I'd ask that particular question.

Of course, coming from me (Who's got another blog entry where you'll scratch your head and go 'So whose rulebook does your life work out of?') that might make you laugh a bit.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.