Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 69105 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #360 on: April 08, 2016, 11:15:56 am »
The things you find cleaning up your house... 30 gigs still going strong! :P

It still functions well?

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 08, 2016, 07:31:28 pm »
The things you find cleaning up your house... 30 gigs still going strong! :P

The line out (through the 30-pin connector) of that kind of iPod is great. I have one like it hooked up to a pair of powered speakers. Sounds nice.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 09, 2016, 09:56:05 am »
Whoa.  An iPod?  Haven't seen one of those things in like ages.  Do people still use them?

It makes you ponder how much technology has changed in the last 10 or so years.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 09, 2016, 11:10:46 am »
For an old Christmas gift by my parent's courtesy, the iPod is a definite keepsake. This thing is surprisingly mint, as it was stored for years on end -- even the screen is clear and you can actually get some speakers going. My only reservation is trying to sync on modern iTunes, given potential issues with compatibility.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 09, 2016, 04:43:26 pm »
I think it'll sync with modern iTunes just fine. Mine does. ;)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 07, 2016, 05:36:34 am »
Mother's day is this Sunday.  We decided to celebrate it today, so I went out to buy a card and flowers for my mom.  I was really surprise how expensive flowers are.  But, I decided to buy them to show my gratitude to her.

Then again, even spending a million dollar wouldn't pay back the sacrifice she's done to raise me and my 4 siblings.

She reminds us how much she cares about us by telling us stories of the past.  Like, when she would walk a total of 3 miles to the grocery store and back carrying several groceries on her back (using a back pack) with a gallon of milk on each hand.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:48:52 am by mariokirby »

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 07, 2016, 07:11:06 am »
Creative ideas of any kind are worthless if you don't have any output from them.

Also, happy mother's day.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 07, 2016, 07:21:50 am »
I would pick up an iPod, but I've only so much pocket space, and I honestly don't listen to enough music on the go to justify having a separate device; the only thing that really interests me as far as iPods in specific go is the fact that nanos still have an FM radio player.
I'm pretty meh as far as Mother's Day/Father's Day go for reasons, so... well, meh.

Though I do wonder; does anyone know how to/if there's a method to have different wallpapers on separate monitors in Windows 10? I used to be able to have different wallpapers, it changed after an update and I have no clue why that is - only that I want to have two different wallpapers again without having to glue stuff together

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2016, 10:19:48 pm »
Here's to a fine Mother's Day for all. Mine's a hard-working, charitable lady who pushed me to graduation, and has since watched over my shoulders. She even sends biscuits and other goodies from time to time. Couldn't ask for a better super-mom.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2016, 06:56:06 am »
Today is election day.

Stupid me dunno where exactly should I vote.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2016, 08:25:33 am »
Well, like all of us, we all have to look for work.

My concern right now is I'm pretty convinced that I've fallen into some administrative hole somewhere - I apply for work, and unless I actually talk with someone (and sometimes even when I do talk with physical people) I've been given the ringaround, where magically my applications disappear into some mystical black hole somewhere.

Granted, this is after I make it through interview stage and they're asking me when I want to start, so I'm starting to wonder if a blacklist for people who simply aren't allowed to work actually exists, and it applies at the last minute. No curtesy to even say 'Well, you weren't unsuccessful' just literal silence. Even when inquiring a week, two weeks, or four weeks after the interview's done.

(If you're wondering, it happens every two weeks, and I apply roughly for about 7-10 jobs a week. There's no pattern with the employers either, apart from my general role which is administration.)

I'm mostly wondering why things are - I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if there IS a company out there that I get referred to, and they're irrevocably saying 'Don't hire' so I can actually find out WHY.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2016, 06:48:43 pm »
So it looks like I'll be going to ColossalCon in Sandusky next month.
You know what I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for. :D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:17:42 pm by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 16, 2016, 06:24:35 am »
Oh, I just realize it’s my 4th year here.  I actually started lurking around 2011 after Idolm@ster 2 (Xbox360) was released and before the anime started airing.

I just want to thank everyone for the im@s news, gameplay help, discussions, translations, wiki, etc.  I learned a lot since joining the forums.  So, I appreciate you all for being a friendly community.

And, special thanks to the people who I play games and chat/voice chat with online.  Some have left, but most stuck around like Metalpredat0r, DeviantProtagonist, ChocoCats, Amazing_Grace, Okayu, Yukibro.

You all are really cool people since you put up with my annoyance (and I appreciate that).  And, you taught me a ton of stuff, so I’m really honored to be your friend.

I hope someday I’ll get the chance to meet you all in real life.  I want to be someone whom you’ll be proud of to call a friend.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:20:36 am by mariokirby »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 18, 2016, 05:57:23 pm »
One of these days, certainly. The world can sometimes be a much smaller place than you'd expect. Meanwhile...

Has anyone ever used these old-fashioned reel mowers? Been wondering how much better they are than typical lawn mowers.

Must be nice saving on gas, anyways. :P

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 18, 2016, 11:29:31 pm »
Has anyone ever used these old-fashioned reel mowers? Been wondering how much better they are than typical lawn mowers.

Never seen one of those, but they look pretty easy to use.  You don't have to worry about gas, motor oil, filter, spark plugs, etc with a gas powered lawn mower.

I think some have a grasscatcher in case you want to throw away the cut grass inside a bag or something.