Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 70995 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2015, 02:25:33 pm »
Good morning. I'm still a bit wobbly from the night before, what with my reason being I've celebrated becoming quarter of a century old.

This is for you.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2015, 08:28:17 am »
Good morning. I'm still a bit wobbly from the night before, what with my reason being I've celebrated becoming quarter of a century old.

Oh, happy belated b-day!  So lucky~ getting to share same birthday with Hibikin!  And lol you're making it seem so old when you put it that way.  Well, if our idols were able to grow any older, Chihaya would be the same age as you right now too.(I'd find that pretty cool and consoling XD)

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 23, 2015, 06:01:36 am »
My job hunting is almost looking like a fool's errand to me. ;_;

AkuAkane

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #228 on: October 23, 2015, 11:23:33 am »

It's been the same for me. Any time I go out and put applications in at pretty much every place in town I only get 1 or 2 interviews and never get hired.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2015, 10:53:26 am »
I know it's really frustrating to work so hard and yet come out empty handied.  Unfortunately, unemployment is way too common.

My older brother went through the same thing even though he went through grad school.  He was frustrated and depressed after looking for a position for years.  But, he kept on trying out different things to make himself look better while keeping himself busy.

By some miracle he was able to find a job.  It was torture, and he never wants to relive those wasted years of trying to find a job.

But, I always find myself respecting people who struggle immensely to find good in life (it could be anything like coping with an illness).  Not only because I can sort of relate to their hardships since I experienced some failures in life, but also they motivate me to improve myself since I want to strive to become a better person.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:17:08 am by mariokirby »

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #230 on: October 25, 2015, 06:17:39 pm »
It's understandable how hard getting a job can be. It took me 5 months to get a job in the Federal Government (and I had a Bachelors and Master's Degree with no job experience) and I got over 40+ not referred letters or rejected, which is very discouraging. While I was lucky to get a job on my first interview in April, I had to move to get the job since not all the jobs were in New Jersey. During that time, I kept myself busy programing, blogging and playing video games. In this rough job market, you have to look beyond where you live. Sure, you have to get your own place, but at least you will have a job.

Also, consider volunteering as it will help improve your resume.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 06:19:31 pm by chikorita157 »

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 25, 2015, 07:06:10 pm »
I don't know if I mentioned this, but I finally landed a job...and a permanent one where I can rise further in the company at that! I got started back on the 19th. I just can't believe that I, of all people, landed this position after so much bad luck in the job market!

Things are finally starting to look up for me! I've got a pretty fast-paced work week, but I'm still working on new projects. I think I have two ideas for Powerpoint animation projects.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #232 on: October 26, 2015, 02:41:48 am »
I don't know if I mentioned this, but I finally landed a job...and a permanent one where I can rise further in the company at that! I got started back on the 19th. I just can't believe that I, of all people, landed this position after so much bad luck in the job market!

Things are finally starting to look up for me! I've got a pretty fast-paced work week, but I'm still working on new projects. I think I have two ideas for Powerpoint animation projects.

Congrats, man. Good to know that you made it out okay in the end.

As for me, college college college. That is all. :p
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 04, 2015, 05:38:02 am »
That call for a job still hasn't come yet. And this internet connection's getting crummy. And there's nothing interesting in the TV. How despicable.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 04, 2015, 05:54:39 am »
Ah, hope your luck turns around soon.  Are there any good drama teleseries airing over there currently btw? XD

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2015, 07:52:30 am »
Ah, hope your luck turns around soon.  Are there any good drama teleseries airing over there currently btw? XD

Don't ask me, I despise those drama teleseries on TV.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2015, 08:17:47 am »
Ah sorry, I was just curious.  Haha, I feel you tho.  I'm not really a fan of those either. x. o  But my family likes to watch them a lot, so I can never really avoid them entirely.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:21:22 am by Nayre »

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2015, 05:21:55 am »
Yeah, they're always there. But they never really change in nature. That's why I despise them.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 22, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »
Outside this forum, I usually hang out with some members here on Skype.  But, other than that I don't have many online buddies.

Sometimes, I wonder where/who you all hang out outside the forum.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2015, 09:14:04 pm »
Sometimes, I wonder where/who you all hang out outside the forum.

I'm in a lot of forums and chatrooms aside from this forum.