Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 72124 times)

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2015, 12:04:22 am »
iM@S DOES refer to the concept in a few songs besides (We Have a Dream and Zenryoku Idol both say hi, and in Zenryoku that's the primary focus)

Yes, that's true that there are other instances where Im@s refers to this concept.  Those are good examples you brought up.  I guess what I meant was that Im@s doesn't follow it completely 100% unlike other idol franchises.  Of course, the only evidence I have to back up that statement is the fact that the producer can follow a close personal relationship (or in other cases fall in love) with the idols at least through the games (though some people tried to ship Touma and Haruka from the anime since they're from the same profession). 

As you mentioned, this is probably easy due to the producer working behind the scenes and not apparent to everyone.   In other idol franchises there are no ifs, ands, or buts about being in love.  It doesn't matter if it's a producer, classmate, or another idol.  There's no such thing as falling in love for those idols.  At least Im@s has some leeway though it's restricted towards the producer only.

I believe in Uta no Prince sama there are instances of romance scenes with the idols and the main character, so Im@s isn't the only thing to break that barrier.  Obviously, both franchises have a visual novel type appeal, so having the idols fall in love with the main character is normal.  But, at least in my opinion that's better than not falling in love at all just because you're an idol.

fans actually finding out the idol is in love? That tends to be the larger issue I'm seeing here

I can see that as an obstacle (if they are like the JP fans).  But, nearly all dialogue is between the idols and their producer and colleagues.  So, I think the fans are not that important at least story-wise.  Besides, by the time love happens it's already the end of the game, so we don't see that problem occuring.

After all, the forbidden thing is much more appealing.

That's true.  It's kind of like the sibling love you see a lot in anime.  Though, I personally wouldn't classify idols falling in love as forbidden, but that's my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:06:09 am by mariokirby »

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2015, 01:34:41 am »
Finished my first day of work in the Federal Government and yep, it's pretty different. Spent most of my day meeting coworkers, attending orientations and such. Yep, I spent most of my day not doing much but sitting at an empty cubicle since they haven't given me a computer (or rather a laptop) and a smart card to login. I guess I'll spend most of my time reviewing stuff on databases and such since that is the job I will be doing.

But yes, I'm glad that I'm earning a paycheck. Time to buy some Anime stuff (planning to buy the 3rd Cinderella G4U and Kantai Collection Vita port this month and Yoru no Nai Kuni and a special edition version of Atelier Sophie for the Vita), but of course I can't spend it all since I need to pay for mortgage, student loans and living expenses. Also, I want have some savings as well for peace and mind since I only get paid every two weeks.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2015, 04:43:02 am »
^ Do you prefer school or work?  (Anyone can answer)

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #198 on: July 30, 2015, 01:40:32 am »
^ Do you prefer school or work?  (Anyone can answer)
The plus side with work is that you don't have to study for exams or do homework while you get paid. Considering that I like computers, I guess I will mostly enjoy my job although I do need to brush up more on databases, but I will get training for that.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 30, 2015, 11:13:32 am »
Gimme work instead; At least, I can get money for it and maybe get extra money for giving out extra time.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2015, 05:26:50 pm »
I'm feeling kinda stupid right now. Images that I hosted on yfrog are turning into ads.

example

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2015, 06:35:46 pm »
Nothing's better than getting seasick during Deep sea fishing. We did caught a Blue Runner and a Brown Fish however.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2015, 07:01:16 pm »
^Is there anything you can do about seasickness?  Were you fishing in the Atlantic or the Gulf of Mexico?

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 15, 2015, 07:27:44 pm »
I was fishing at the Gulf of Mexico since we're vacation at Cancun. The waves were rocky and I ate a lot of food so I felt pretty miserable during the ride. I can take Benadryl, but I just rested at my hotel room after I threw up at the restroom...

There's tips on how to deal with it but it was way too late when I went there.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2015, 07:42:48 am »
Seasickness is the absolute worst. Are you feeling better now, at least?

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2015, 10:48:18 am »
My nose is clogged. This is the worse feeling ever short of an actual illness.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 18, 2015, 03:38:50 pm »
My nose is ALWAYS clogged. Welcome to the world of allergies and post-nasal drip. :P
It's so bad, most of the time I can't even smell anything.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2015, 12:16:02 pm »
Tonight comes my final job interview. I hope I pass. Wish me luck.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2015, 06:47:30 pm »
^Good luck.  And, stay strong.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2015, 05:53:46 am »
Tonight comes my final job interview. I hope I pass. Wish me luck.

Best of luck, bru.

So I just found these 2 im@s related articles on rocketnews.  I'll drop 'em here, just cuz.  The first is from around a couple years back and the second was posted less than a day ago actually.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/04/cute-credit-cards-could-send-you-to-the-slammer/

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/08/28/what-do-magic-the-gathering-and-idolmaster-have-in-common-apparently-quite-a-bit/