Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 72612 times)

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #135 on: May 25, 2015, 03:01:45 am »
In the name of cooking science!

I don't eat meat though...

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 25, 2015, 08:18:57 am »
To think there wouldn't always be a first for everything, time and again I'm proven wrong. The last bit was golden, too; here's to volcanic activity for our barbeques?
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 29, 2015, 10:19:03 pm »
In the name of cooking science!

I don't eat meat though...

That's actually amazing.

But why don't you eat meat meat is glorious

On another note, I like recording myself reading old, really bad fanfictions of mine in the voices of characters. The first batch I did is probably one of the greatest things I've ever done with my life, and the next batch will probably be even better. I'm considering making a thread here for them to show people what crazy chizz I do with my spare time.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2015, 12:47:18 am »
But why don't you eat meat meat is glorious

My own reason for not eating meat is that I can't stand the thought of animals being mistreated and killed.

On another note, I like recording myself reading old, really bad fanfictions of mine in the voices of characters. The first batch I did is probably one of the greatest things I've ever done with my life, and the next batch will probably be even better. I'm considering making a thread here for them to show people what crazy chizz I do with my spare time.

So they're like fanfiction audiobooks? :) What universes do they take place in and what characters are in them?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:48:59 am by altuixde »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2015, 08:25:47 am »
I'd say that notion overthinks the daily matter of causality... but overall consensus would have us agree to disagree.

Anyway, don't you hate those dreams when you're being chased by something, though you'll barely budge a muscle?

Sucks pretty hard to look back and see this shit of all things -- even as I realized the dream this told me I'm fucked. :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 08:56:26 am by DeviantProtagonist »
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2015, 06:11:44 pm »
I'd say that notion overthinks the daily matter of causality... but overall consensus would have us agree to disagree.

Anyway, don't you hate those dreams when you're being chased by something, though you'll barely budge a muscle?

Sucks pretty hard to look back and see this shit of all things -- even as I realized the dream this told me I'm fucked. :P

Those are always the worst dreams. I was pretty lucky in childhood that the only dream I ever had when I was being chased by things were a bunch of zombies...and for some reason all I had to do was kick them, and they disintegrated. Except one, which stubbornly held on to its life despite being kicked thousands of times. It marked the end of that dream.

My own reason for not eating meat is that I can't stand the thought of animals being mistreated and killed.

So they're like fanfiction audiobooks? :) What universes do they take place in and what characters are in them?

Fair enough. My sister feels the same way.
My personal thought is that if we weren't meant to eat meat, God wouldn't have made animals so delicious. :U *shot I'm sorry*

On the topic of said fanfiction audiobooks, the universe was actually invented by a friend of mine and I who have this long-running roleplay that started over 5 years ago. It's now titled "Shadows Vs. Veros", but back then it was "Shadows Vs. Ryos", because my friend literally just picked a random Japanese word that sounded cool and stuck it there. And all of us pronounced it wrong too, as part of the fun. "Veros" was taken from a foreign language word for like "protector" or something but neither me nor my friend remember what language or what the word was or anything so use your imagination. :U
It's basically about two warring sides. The Shadows are quite literally aliens that came from earth and now possess people to turn them into other Shadows. Most Shadows have powers that are then passed on to whoever they possess. The Veros are the good guys. They also have powers, though other people without powers often ally with the Veros to support them in other ways.
That's all the essential information to have a background to the (really bad) fanfictions, but it's a lot more complex than that in its entirety.
I wrote these using a lot of characters that didn't belong to me, with permission from their owners. A lot of MY characters didn't exist back then, so those guys voiced everyone who didn't belong to me.
(I love this series can you tell)

The second batch is a bunch of Bakugan fanfictions. ...They're even worse because they're Bakugan.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 06:36:53 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2015, 11:22:30 pm »
Since the Veros don't have the power of possession, they seem to be at a disadvantage. I wonder how they'll fight the Shadows. Guess I'll have to listen in to find out. ;D

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2015, 10:40:35 am »
Because it's my destiny, I'm going to open my mouth and cause someone's day to go supernova.

Okay, maybe not, but I've recently had to keep my powder dry in a series of talks with various people. They know who they are, and they know I declined to participate actively in the conversation due to conflict of interest, but they left me in the loop anyway.

And besides, they know of my concerns, and I know that in the grander scale of things, my concerns are minor, because you're dealing with millions of dollars.

I do wish I could show certain other people what I listen to though, even though I respect the confidentiality of the discussions being made. It'd be a nice big eye opener to people who really do think the world should work the way they think it does.

Or as I like to put it 'Just because it's good for you, doesn't mean it's good for everyone'.

Heck, 'Just because it's good for you may just mean it's terrible for everyone else'.

But of course I've been active in other fields, so consequently I'm basically deciding if I want to leave the country before I get deported for not being Australian enough.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/hundreds-could-face-deportation-under-proposed-terror-laws-peter-dutton-20150604-ghgyik.html

If you need an explanation why a law like this is a bad idea, I'd suggest studying Nazi Germany in detail. Or more accurately this:

If you can't arrest someone for terrorist activity, what do you have on them, really?
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2015, 02:06:19 am »
I know a girl who used to live in Aussie and she agrees that the Australian government right now kinda sucks.
Good luck with everything going on there right now, Setsuna.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »
I have turned 23 today. And I still don't have a job.

On the bright side, I have tasted good chicken.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2015, 04:08:19 pm »
In random thoughts...

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/joe-hockeys-advice-to-first-homebuyers--get-a-good-job-that-pays-good-money-20150609-ghjqyw.html

Where do I start?

Okay, the funny part is, the first half of that stupid statement isn't actually the worst of it. It's still incredibly insulting, but it's not the part I want to find him and kick him so hard that he can't have kids ever again.

(Namely, if you want that awesome job that pays 100k+ a year, you have to make yourself the candidate, and that's effort, time, and money, and there's no guarantee you'll make it. The idiot is ignoring the fact that there's only a few of these awesome jobs to nab compared to how many people want them, but you can't fault the guy for saying 'If you want that awesome job, earn it' apart from maybe telling him he's a jerk.)

The part I want to kick him is the incredibly bad financial advice that's attached to the second half.

Namely - You don't go for said 100k job just so you can increase your debt load.

In non accounting speak this means, The more you earn, the more you should be saving and paying out of said savings so you don't have to pay interest, or be caught in a situation where missing a paycheque for whatever reason can end you (like an accident).

In short? He should be kicked so hard he can't have children for going up on national stage and suggesting Australians (and anyone else listening) should screw themselves financially AFTER going to all the effort to NOT SCREW THEMSELVES FINANCIALLY. Because borrowing stupid amounts for housing is good, according to him.

... I really need to calm down. Honestly, I think I want out of here, just so I can watch this idiot blow up the country, along with the rest of the resident government mob.

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2015, 06:03:12 pm »
The more I read about how screwy Australia is getting, the more I feel like it might actually be best for you to flee the country. You don't want to be around when everything comes crashing down, after all, but I understand that one does not simply up and move out of a longtime home.

Still, best of luck to you, Setsuna.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2015, 06:58:20 pm »
Indeed. Although I can't speak from experience nor do I know your perspective on the matter but the way you put it, emmigrating doesn't sound like a bad idea. If only it were as simple as saying so, however...
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2015, 05:01:27 am »
I'm a little too old to try for the 'Travel while young, then migrate using the time with the work visa to get a permanent residency trick'. That should give you an idea how old I am.

If I was to leave, I'd either have to get married (and no one in their right minds would marry someone like me), or be specifically sponsored by a business to fill a particular role. I don't have enough qualifications to do the latter, not that any company would want me right now.

I'd also have to avoid being in a US jurisdiction, due to my previous work as a journalist.

There's still a few ways, but it's not as easy as one would think.

I still have a few options (if I had the money) one of which would be to jump to New Zealand or another Commonwealth nation, but I don't have the income (or job prospects) to do that.

Australia is getting screwy, but the change can only be done so fast. It's pretty obvious that the changes are not of the incompetency type though (These 'mistakes' have happened far too many times to be a coincidence) , so the next question becomes 'How much money is behind the changes, and just what is this party willing to do to get what they want'

I suspect the answer is 'Far more money than I'm willing to count up to without scientific notation' and 'everything including murder' respectively.