Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 73516 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2015, 07:52:13 pm »
It's funny that I woke up earlier today.

Haha
My life in a post

Finally installed Yosemite on my Mac. I decided to do a clean install instead of installing over my Mavericks partition. Since I'm starting from scratch that means there are so many settings to adjust, commands to run and apps to install! Good thing I kept a bootable copy of my old system or else I wouldn't be able to get much done.

What is this Yosemite, pray tell? Does it have any relation to Yosemite National Park, or is that just a coincidence?

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »
It's a version of Apple's Mac operating system and it is indeed named after Yosemite National Park. :) It has some security updates that the previous major version (Mavericks, named after another California location) will probably never get. I'm only familiar with one of those security updates (a fix for a vulnerability called Rootpipe) but I figured now's as good a time as any to make the switch.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2015, 08:45:24 pm »
It's a version of Apple's Mac operating system and it is indeed named after Yosemite National Park. :) It has some security updates that the previous major version (Mavericks, named after another California location) will probably never get. I'm only familiar with one of those security updates (a fix for a vulnerability called Rootpipe) but I figured now's as good a time as any to make the switch.

Ah, alright! So it's like a system update, then? Those are always good. Unless they pile on new changes that weren't necessarily for the best :P

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »
Anybody else here use Twitter? I got one about a month ago and since I'm probably gonna be tweeting more often, I thought it might be nice to share some handles here. You can find me here @MetalPredat0r or on my profile as my website. Anybody from here, please post your handles so I can follow you guys too. Sorry if I feel like I'm plugging, I don't know where else to post this other than the thread about tangents. :P
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2015, 09:19:37 pm »
Ah, alright! So it's like a system update, then? Those are always good. Unless they pile on new changes that weren't necessarily for the best :P

Yup, it's a system update. Apple now seems to be releasing a major system update every year, which I think is too often.

Anybody else here use Twitter? I got one about a month ago and since I'm probably gonna be tweeting more often, I thought it might be nice to share some handles here. You can find me here @MetalPredat0r or on my profile as my website. Anybody from here, please post your handles so I can follow you guys too. Sorry if I feel like I'm plugging, I don't know where else to post this other than the thread about tangents. :P

My Twitter is @altuixde. I haven't tweeted much but I think I'll start tweeting fan art by artists on Pixiv, nicoseiga and possibly other sites.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »
This is kinda interesting: https://paiza.jp/poh/enshura?locale=en

It's one of those programming challenges where you from excercise to an excercise, except it's Japanese and has a - rather bullshit - story delivered in manga pages form. It even (kinda spoiler)has choices - at least one. It supports Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, C, C#and C++ (via built in editor) plus has "beta" support for more: Objective-C, Haskell, Bash, D etc., etc.
And yes, it's in English as well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 10:54:19 pm by Accoun »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 03:22:02 am »
That awkward moment when you pour yourself a cereal bowl and you realize you're out of milk. Derp.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2015, 03:35:11 am »
This is kinda interesting: https://paiza.jp/poh/enshura?locale=en

It's one of those programming challenges where you from excercise to an excercise, except it's Japanese and has a - rather bullshit - story delivered in manga pages form. It even (kinda spoiler)has choices - at least one. It supports Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl, Python, C, C#and C++ (via built in editor) plus has "beta" support for more: Objective-C, Haskell, Bash, D etc., etc.
And yes, it's in English as well.

That does look very interesting. I have ZERO coding knowledge, though, but still interesting.
That awkward moment when you pour yourself a cereal bowl and you realize you're out of milk. Derp.

Being out of milk is the worst feeling in the world.

Does anyone else pronounce "milk" more like "melk"? I think it might be the slight Jersey accent I never quite dropped, but my sister gets so mad at me for it.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 04:49:51 am »
Does anyone else pronounce "milk" more like "melk"? I think it might be the slight Jersey accent I never quite dropped, but my sister gets so mad at me for it.

Isn't Melk like a Dutch spelling of it or something?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2015, 06:11:59 am »
Aaaaaand my Fight Stick is so much better. I went full Seimitsu and an octogon gate 'cause I've never tried one out. If I wanna see what Sanwa parts feel like, I'll just go to my friend's house.

The buttons the stock SE come with are so brittle. I lost three of them (on top of the one that broke first) just messing around with wires. Then again, maybe they were all gonna break soon.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2015, 09:06:58 am »
So you have just swapped out the parts? I understood you were going to get a new one altogether, but now that I look at that post, and I just remembered wrong.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a PS2-compatible stick since I bought myself one last year and can't can't find anything at decent price. Guess Madcatz really changed everything in the last gen and made the sticks more mainstream. At worst I'll look work a broken pad and try to make a DIY one, I guess?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 09:11:08 am by Accoun »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2015, 10:24:02 am »
Aaaaaand my Fight Stick is so much better. I went full Seimitsu and an octogon gate 'cause I've never tried one out. If I wanna see what Sanwa parts feel like, I'll just go to my friend's house.

The buttons the stock SE come with are so brittle. I lost three of them (on top of the one that broke first) just messing around with wires. Then again, maybe they were all gonna break soon.

I know how you feel. When i was into shoot'em ups i got and modded my stick as well. I don't remember what it originally was, but the only thing i left as it was was the stick, since it already was Seimitsu. I replaced the buttons with Seimitsu as well and made a custom face plate.

It originally looked like this:

Now it looks like this (Mushihime-sama futari themed):
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:47:35 pm by Naryoril »

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2015, 12:00:19 pm »
I feel extra sleepy these days. Peculiar.

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2015, 03:53:26 pm »
That does look very interesting. I have ZERO coding knowledge, though, but still interesting.
Being out of milk is the worst feeling in the world.

Might go through some quick course on something like Codeacademy and do the challenges as additional exercises. Because hashtagYOLO :-P

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2015, 04:48:51 am »
Might go through some quick course on something like Codeacademy and do the challenges as additional exercises. Because hashtagYOLO :-P

Good luck. :P Coding is probably really hard to learn, but I wish you the best!

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!