Community > General chatter

The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.

<< < (2/80) > >>

Amazing_Grace:

--- Quote from: MetalPredat0r on March 11, 2015, 06:00:00 pm ---I think the debate room at my school sells instant ramen. Like, there's a snack bar there and everybody and their mother goes there when hungry.

--- End quote ---

This is only making my craving worse.

MetalPredat0r:

--- Quote from: Amazing_Grace on March 11, 2015, 06:06:46 pm ---This is only making my craving worse.

--- End quote ---

Oops. :P

altuixde:
I think one of the reasons why instant ramen gets a bad rap is because the nutrition facts assume that you're going to drink the broth once you're finished with the noodles. If you don't drink the broth at the end, it's not so bad.

It's been a while since I've had ramen.

Cael K.:
You can also make or use your own broth, or serve it dry. It tastes much better that way.

I don't use the packets often, especially not the oil ones. You can do better with a bit of vegetable oil and minced garlic. The spice packets, I use red pepper or some chili paste instead.

Amazing_Grace:

--- Quote from: Cael K. on March 12, 2015, 01:55:17 am ---You can also make or use your own broth, or serve it dry. It tastes much better that way.

I don't use the packets often, especially not the oil ones. You can do better with a bit of vegetable oil and minced garlic. The spice packets, I use red pepper or some chili paste instead.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: altuixde on March 11, 2015, 06:47:21 pm ---I think one of the reasons why instant ramen gets a bad rap is because the nutrition facts assume that you're going to drink the broth once you're finished with the noodles. If you don't drink the broth at the end, it's not so bad.

It's been a while since I've had ramen.

--- End quote ---

I've heard the spice packets carry all the MSG, which is what my mom's afraid of. I think I might be able to convince my mom to get me some as long as we just do what Cael said and make our own spices/broth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version