Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 72392 times)

Yukibro

• View Profile
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #315 on: January 14, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »
Considering it's a Phat figure, expect the Yuriko figure to release two months after its original set release. I preordered the Yukiho Phat in June when it was first up, and its November release ended up delayed to the beginning of this month.

Apparently, it's a very common occurrence for Phat figures.  :P

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2016, 08:00:43 am »
While I was reading this I thought you were talking about driving. I've wiped out before while driving and it's very scary. To anyone who hasn't had much experience driving in winter, here's a bit of advice: if everyone else on the road is driving very slowly and carefully, you should too. ;)

Aye, skidding on black ice is scary as hell.  Happened to me a few weeks back when I was driving and all of a sudden I just lost control of the wheel for a few seconds, nearly sliding down a small slope.  I should take that advice lol I always tend to drive like 20-30 over the limit.  ::)

David Bowie just died recently, now it's Alan Rickman's turn.

Rest in peace, Snape.

RIP Snape.  :'(

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 01, 2016, 01:51:28 am »
Guys, dumb question, but what's the proper pronunciation of this site? XDD

Is it Project:
eye-mass   ee-mass
eye-muss   ee-muss
eh-mass     eh-muss
emmas?

In my head, I've always been instinctively saying it like "Project ee-muss" (like the "imasu" part in ganbarimasu with the silent "u") just cause I like how it sounds and eye-mass doesn't sound right to me.  Just curious cuz I don't wanna sound weird if I ever bring it up in a casual conversation or something lol.

leafstro

• Apprentice
  • o.o
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2016, 02:59:03 am »
I've always pronounced it "eye-mas" like the "i" in "idol" or "icon" and "mas" as in "master" or "massive".  :D

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2016, 03:46:17 am »
I've always pronounced it "eye-mas" like the "i" in "idol" or "icon" and "mas" as in "master" or "massive".  :D

This.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2016, 04:01:55 am »
I subconsciously thought it to be "eye-mass", but the people I know refer to it as "ee-mass". What is right anymore?! D:
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2016, 04:08:11 am »

This is my way too.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2016, 08:48:48 am »
personally i follow the japanese prononciation (which is basically what people here wrote). Listen how the idols say "idolmaster" (アイドルマスター "aidorumasutaa") and leave out the unnececarry parts (ドル "doru" and ター"taa") which leaves you with アイマス "aimasu", where the "u" is pretty much silent

Accoun

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2016, 12:32:59 pm »
I pronounce it with "ee", but that's because I'm Polish, and it's the only reading for "i" in my language. I know in English it isn't and pretty sure that's not the right pronunciation, but force of habit, I guess (and I never had an opportunity to speak about iDOLM@STER in English with anyone).

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 02, 2016, 07:23:35 am »
personally i follow the japanese prononciation (which is basically what people here wrote). Listen how the idols say "idolmaster" (アイドルマスター "aidorumasutaa") and leave out the unnececarry parts (ドル "doru" and ター"taa") which leaves you with アイマス "aimasu", where the "u" is pretty much silent

Oh! Okay, that makes sense.  The reason why it didn't sound right to me was because I kept imagining the American way of pronouncing idolmaster lol particularly in the "master" part.(so like ai-mass instead of ai-mahs)

I pronounce it with "ee", but that's because I'm Polish, and it's the only reading for "i" in my language. I know in English it isn't and pretty sure that's not the right pronunciation, but force of habit, I guess (and I never had an opportunity to speak about iDOLM@STER in English with anyone).

Aye, in Filipino language "i" is pronounced as "ee" also so that's prolly why lol.

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2016, 08:07:56 pm »
Anyone here experienced with imagemagick? I know that this command will scale down a bunch of images:

convert *.jp2 -scale 50% -quality 40 scaled-%d.jp2

but I'd also like to keep the original file names as part of the output file names. The above command produces output files named scaled-0.jp2, scaled-1.jp2 and so on. I'd like to have file names like [original file name]-scaled instead. While I'm at it, how can I activate scaling algorithms other than nearest neighbor (like catrom)?

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #326 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:12 pm »
Anyone here experienced with imagemagick? I know that this command will scale down a bunch of images:

convert *.jp2 -scale 50% -quality 40 scaled-%d.jp2

but I'd also like to keep the original file names as part of the output file names. The above command produces output files named scaled-0.jp2, scaled-1.jp2 and so on. I'd like to have file names like [original file name]-scaled instead. While I'm at it, how can I activate scaling algorithms other than nearest neighbor (like catrom)?

I don't know this program at all, but just 'cause I'm curious, I went ahead and looked at their site. They say this for scale:

The results are thus equivalent to using -resize with a -filter setting of box. Though it is a lot faster, as it avoids all the filter processing of the image. As such it completely ignores the current -filter setting.

So -filter and -resize immediately look like what we want to me. -filter seems to have a bunch of options you can use, Catrom being one of them.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-processing.php

Ctrl-F those to get to what you wanna look up. As for image name, with the few minutes I've spent looking this stuff up, I can't give a definite yes or no, but I did find a page that talks about the escape characters they use.

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/escape.php

I assume this is for all the command line options they have with a quick skimming, and if so, you might want to look at %i, %t, or %[base]. There could be others.

So, I'd imagine something like...

convert *.jp2 -filter Catrom -resize 50% %t-scaled.jp2

... would be close to something you'd want. Again, I'm just reading what they've said, so you might wanna look over it yourself a bit. Hope I've given a pointer or two, though.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2016, 12:24:15 am »
Thank you for your help, Cael! It looks like using -resize and -filter Catrom is producing the desired effect. However %i, %t, and %[base] all failed to produce the original file name. I'll look through the links you posted and see if I can figure it out. Actually, I'll have to do it at some indefinite time in the future because I'm kinda busy right now. That's why I posted my question instead of hunting for the answer myself. ^_^

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 11, 2016, 07:51:11 pm »
God damn, I'm one happy bugger right now.

As of today I just got my IC3 certification from our Certiport conference. It's basically literacy for computers and networking, so there's no doubt it'll look grand on my resume in the coming future. Now I can just laze around in glorious glory for the remaining time I have here. :P
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2016, 08:45:15 am »
^

Cool. Sounds awesome.  I know you'll be busy, but I hope you will be able to stick your head here once in a while.