Username: Password:

Author Topic: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.  (Read 72263 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: The General Random Thoughts and Conversation Thread.
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2015, 04:56:01 pm »
Honestly, I had no idea what was going on in DOA:D either. It was my very first 3DS fighting game, and I was excited by the prospect of 3D, but the whole thing was kind of "what?" throughout.
I wish Tekken 3D had a story mode. It has a movie, but that's not the same at all.

DOA:D is still a great game. To me, its the second-best fighting game on the 3DS. It used to be the overall best until Smash Bros. came out. However, the story is just too cheesy for its own good and fights literally happen for no reason but to have a fight.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2015, 05:21:23 pm »
Play Girlfriend Beta makes me feel like I'm wasting my time on something I don't need to do, but I love it.

Kokomin is my waifu.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2015, 05:33:10 pm »
http://games.usvsth3m.com/giftris/idolmster-so-moe-i-died-edition/

Apparently there is iDOLM@STER themed Tetris???

DOA:D is still a great game. To me, its the second-best fighting game on the 3DS. It used to be the overall best until Smash Bros. came out. However, the story is just too cheesy for its own good and fights literally happen for no reason but to have a fight.

The gameplay was definitely great. It introduced a whole world of combos and fun.
I agree on the story.
Although I'm pretty sure the main selling point of that game is girls with jiggling boobs so I mean what was I expecting really

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2015, 07:23:22 pm »
Kokomin is my waifu.

Kuroe is cute. Also, Ichigo.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2015, 12:45:58 pm »
I have to go with whoever Sakura is voicing every time. Her fake accent is the best thing.

It's Kuroe Rumeru (Chloe Lemaire). Also, Sumire Uesaka is voicing Yulia Valkova.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2015, 09:46:06 pm »
I wonder if I really should be airing what I think most of the time.

It's the general thoughts thread, and yet every time I think about what I want to say, I decide not to, mostly because for some reason if I actually said anything at all, apparently someone's world goes supernova. (And I wish I was kidding, considering I worked as a journalist at one point, and if people are willing to address lead to you at several hundred metres per second...)

At the same time though, I do have to wonder why some things happen the way they do.  Take for example reciprocity and general online behavior. I've never quite figured out why when asking for something (or anything) that the person asking demands the world, instantly, and only how they want it, without offering anything in return, and get indignant if they don't get exactly what they want, how they want it.

I'd say it's an internet only thing, but I've seen this happen in my everyday life too.

Maybe I'm getting a bit old, but sometimes I really DO wonder if people are that shortsighted. From what I hear, there's always someone out there who I get the feeling everyone wants to kick for being (in the words of someone else) "Being completely self-centred and shortsighted to the point I want to punch her in the face, and this is coming from someone with Asperger's"

Thanks for  reading my random thought of the moment, I guess.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2015, 02:14:29 am »
I heard it said once in a space presentation I saw that from the point of view of a galaxy, every galaxy sees itself as the center of the universe.

I like to think that's generally true of human beings. Of course, there are exceptions--I know lots of really sweet, humble people, both online and off--but I think the majority of people think of themselves as the center of the universe. Because of this, they often forget that there are other people out there that don't exist only to serve Mr./Ms. Center Of The Universe, and they feel as though they're entitled to whatever they want without realizing that people put hard work and lots of time and energy into whatever it is they're being given.

It's that mindset that causes problems of greed, selfishness, and pride on our planet. As I said, exceptions definitely exist, but unfortunately, those exceptions are often the ones that have to adjust themselves to adapt to the behaviors of the rest of the world, because the rest of the world thinks they're the only person who matters, and those who realize other people matter want to do nice things for those people.

...Well, that's just my two cents, at least. ...I apologize if that felt deep and almost out-of-character for me, but I've had this particular subject on my mind for a while too, actually.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2015, 06:30:12 am »
Jesus Christ, May had passed so fast and in just two weeks, it's already June. It's crazy that graduation is almost there and I'll be in college after that. It's scary for someone with learning disability to make it this far but I don't know that until I actually step forward. It also might mean that I won't have a lot of free time.

I'll admit, people with learning disabilities are the most colorful individuals I've ever met. Our brain is a complicated thing. It's interesting how defects in the brain can either hinder or help a person. Most of the time, it screws them over, but it can allow them to do amazing things as well. They might act strange to some people, but they're just people who just need help even though some of them are pretty rude. Seeing some of them grow and becoming successful in life warms my heart. I'll thank my family and the people at my old private school for helping me along the way. I'm obviously not perfect, but that's life.

What annoys me is that we, "normal" people take advantage of them and treat them terribly. I've heard many horror stories of people hurting the disabled with some of them getting away and continue on hurting more victims. Some of them even had the guts to make a joke out of them and I found that a shame.

Anyways, that's how I'm feeling now. Have a good day.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2015, 03:04:39 pm »
I'll admit, people with learning disabilities are the most colorful individuals I've ever met. Our brain is a complicated thing. It's interesting how defects in the brain can either hinder or help a person. Most of the time, it screws them over, but it can allow them to do amazing things as well. They might act strange to some people, but they're just people who just need help even though some of them are pretty rude. Seeing some of them grow and becoming successful in life warms my heart. I'll thank my family and the people at my old private school for helping me along the way. I'm obviously not perfect, but that's life.

What annoys me is that we, "normal" people take advantage of them and treat them terribly. I've heard many horror stories of people hurting the disabled with some of them getting away and continue on hurting more victims. Some of them even had the guts to make a joke out of them and I found that a shame.

Anyways, that's how I'm feeling now. Have a good day.

I completely agree. Some of my favorite people have mental disabilities or learning disabilities (or a mental disability that IS a learning disability). I have a young cousin with Asperger's, a friend with diagnosed ADHD AND Asperger's, ANOTHER best friend with Asperger's, a very close friend with Down Syndrome...
They're honestly some of the sweetest people I've ever met. Super considerate, and very funny as well. It's so sad that some people make fun of them the way they do.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2015, 03:41:54 pm »
Mother of god, it IS almost June! Gah, I'm kinda nervous about graduation myself. Heck, I just took my last exam yesterday and, technically, I'm done with high school.

I know how you guys feel about the disabled. I volunteered at the YMCA's Special Needs program multiple times and those kids are absolutely adorable! I personally think that the best way to interact with the disabled is, and I might sound a bit like captain obvious, is to be normal with them. Despite what some people say, the disabled are still people too. Its why I can't stand the word "retarded" when used outside of the context of the medical condition.

Anyway, congrats ChocoCats on getting this far. Hope you have a great time at college.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2015, 07:19:05 am »
June is my birth month. And still I don't have a job.

How peculiar.

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2015, 06:13:32 pm »
June is my birth month. And still I don't have a job.

How peculiar.
I understand how hard it is to get a job, especially without any work experience. I applied to like 50+ jobs with several rejection notices. Eventually, I got an interview last month and last week, I got a tentative job offer (because a background check is required), meaning I have to move to Pennsylvania. But as always, one has to keep applying and probably focus one mind on something else such as a hobby or learning a new skill in the meantime. Eventually, it will come.

With that, I am close to getting a job, which will focus primarily with Databases. Yep, I need to brush up more on databases although I took some database courses during the fall semester before I finished my Master's Degree. Also went to my commencement two days ago, although I had my diploma already. But yes, I have to do more paper work, get used to driving and find a place to move before I can start working.

But yes, I plan to use some of my first paycheck on getting one of those Cinderella G4U packs since they look tempting, although I can't really spend too much since I have student loans to pay off and also living expenses. But yes, I got pretty lucky.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2015, 09:25:40 pm »
[...]

Well, I am finding a job. And hopefully, I'll get one. I just hope I do before three years will pass.

And for my first salary, I'm going to buy a big block of mozzarella cheese, a figma or something like that, and an airsoft gun. And some spices and herbs. And lotsa meat.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2015, 05:59:56 pm »
Once you get around to that exhilaration of being able to buy things you want upon first paycheck, you'll never want to stop. Here's to your fortune in the near future, Ivan.

But yes, I plan to use some of my first paycheck on getting one of those Cinderella G4U packs since they look tempting, although I can't really spend too much since I have student loans to pay off and also living expenses. But yes, I got pretty lucky.

While the price points of G4U -- as through the iM@S channel -- aren't nearly as bad nowadays, it helps to get acquainted with the volumes. Given Namco's awful penchant of sneaking in discounts and even at most the iM@S channel as a whole, I've a gut feeling one is better off waiting until then.

To emphasize, 765Pro's G4U Volume 1 was deemed nigh impossible to get cheap, so imagine my surprise?
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

chikorita157

• わたし、気になります!
    • View Profile
    • Chikorita157's Anime Blog
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2015, 01:10:48 am »
Once you get around to that exhilaration of being able to buy things you want upon first paycheck, you'll never want to stop. Here's to your fortune in the near future, Ivan.

While the price points of G4U -- as through the iM@S channel -- aren't nearly as bad nowadays, it helps to get acquainted with the volumes. Given Namco's awful penchant of sneaking in discounts and even at most the iM@S channel as a whole, I've a gut feeling one is better off waiting until then.

To emphasize, 765Pro's G4U Volume 1 was deemed nigh impossible to get cheap, so imagine my surprise?

Yep, it reminds me of the fifth episode of Gochuumon (I marathoned up to episode 7) when Sharo says that it's a great feeling when you first buy yourself something with your own money... Yep, I don't know what my first two paychecks will look like after living expenses, but I do want to buy something special with my first paychecks, although it can't be too expensive.

As for the G4U packs, I do own one of them (specifically the last volume), but knowing Namco, they will probably release them on iM@S channel for 1500 yen as always. So I guess if you really want to own the blurays as well, I say why not, although there are other games I want to get that will release in late summer such as the Kantai Collection Vita port.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 01:32:56 am by chikorita157 »