Username: Password:

Author Topic: What's Up  (Read 3278 times)

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: What's Up
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 12:25:56 am »
Right now, only the Prologue CD came out last August. It's basically in the waiting phase where Nippon Columbia will decide which of the 26 cover songs out of thousands are going to be selected for each of the 13 765 idols. You can view it here.

Also on last August, they released the 4th DLC from OFA. One of the products contained game versions of 765's image songs where the full versions of them will appear on these CDs.

The list by Prologue track 3. melody order:

・Suteki Happiness (ステキハピネス) by Haruka Amami
・Zenryoku Idol (全力アイドル) by Iori Minase
・Zekken, Arui wa Nigerarenu Koi (絶険、あるいは逃げられぬ恋) by Makoto Kikuchi
・Futatsu no Tsuki (ふたつの月) by Takane Shijou
・Koi Kokoro (コイ・ココロ) by Azusa Miura
・Nostalgia by Miki Hoshii
・Triple Angel (トリプルAngel) by Ami Futami
・Pla-sonic Love! (プラ・ソニック・ラブ!) by Yayoi Takatsuki
・Pon De Beach Hibiki Ganaha
・Ano Hi no Namida (あの日のナミダ) by Yukiho Hagiwara
・Watashi Datte Onnanoko (私だって女の子) by Ritsuko Akizuki
・Houkago Jump (放課後ジャンプ) by Mami Futami
・Saihyou (細氷) by Chihaya Kisaragi

The lyrics are up on the wiki. Oh yeah, there's more CDs before this.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 02:45:52 am »
So the old forum the old members always mentioned was pink huh? I wish I could see it. I'm curious how it was back when most people who were fans of imas had to know Japanese and import Japanese xbox 360s to play.

Chayu

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 03:14:56 am »
So the old forum the old members always mentioned was pink huh? I wish I could see it. I'm curious how it was back when most people who were fans of imas had to know Japanese and import Japanese xbox 360s to play.

Dude, the forum was hella pink. Like, embarrassingly so.

Like, pink is one of my favorite colors and if I would be pained to log on to the old pink forums even if I do miss it.

I can't really say much about how different it was between now and then bc 1)I was like 13 and hella poor so I couldn't import anything at the time 2)I've been out of the fandom since like 2010? 2009? 3)Importing and crusading is how it is for my current fandom, so I have nothing to really compare it to haha

Chayu

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 03:17:31 am »
Right now, only the Prologue CD came out last August. It's basically in the waiting phase where Nippon Columbia will decide which of the 26 cover songs out of thousands are going to be selected for each of the 13 765 idols. You can view it here.

Also on last August, they released the 4th DLC from OFA. One of the products contained game versions of 765's image songs where the full versions of them will appear on these CDs.

The list by Prologue track 3. melody order:

・Suteki Happiness (ステキハピネス) by Haruka Amami
・Zenryoku Idol (全力アイドル) by Iori Minase
・Zekken, Arui wa Nigerarenu Koi (絶険、あるいは逃げられぬ恋) by Makoto Kikuchi
・Futatsu no Tsuki (ふたつの月) by Takane Shijou
・Koi Kokoro (コイ・ココロ) by Azusa Miura
・Nostalgia by Miki Hoshii
・Triple Angel (トリプルAngel) by Ami Futami
・Pla-sonic Love! (プラ・ソニック・ラブ!) by Yayoi Takatsuki
・Pon De Beach Hibiki Ganaha
・Ano Hi no Namida (あの日のナミダ) by Yukiho Hagiwara
・Watashi Datte Onnanoko (私だって女の子) by Ritsuko Akizuki
・Houkago Jump (放課後ジャンプ) by Mami Futami
・Saihyou (細氷) by Chihaya Kisaragi

The lyrics are up on the wiki. Oh yeah, there's more CDs before this.

Aaaaaaaa thanks so much for the info. Now I know where to start lol

Elixir

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 09:56:07 pm »
Dude, the forum was hella pink. Like, embarrassingly so.

Like, pink is one of my favorite colors and if I would be pained to log on to the old pink forums even if I do miss it.

I can't really say much about how different it was between now and then bc 1)I was like 13 and hella poor so I couldn't import anything at the time 2)I've been out of the fandom since like 2010? 2009? 3)Importing and crusading is how it is for my current fandom, so I have nothing to really compare it to haha

IIRC these forums basically stemmed away from GameFAQs, back in the day. I remember Kaminos posted about them there. (edit: yeah, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/934453-the-idolmster/42104309). I still keep in touch with HeartNana. Also pretty sure the forums were not originally pink, but they did completely die back in, I think 2009 and everyone had to re-register.

Technically I didn't import a 360 for the game, rather I found a J-360 locally. Since I've always been into shmups it was just pretty convenient to buy, especially because Senko no Ronde had been released (this was before the localization). Actually, I mostly used it for Bomberman Live, and I remember being in the Top 20 a bunch of times. I had easily over 100,000+ games and lots of free time. Vaguely remember downloading the iM@S (15? 30 sec?) trailers from the J-360 marketplace, back when the original 360 "blades" dashboard existed. I think this was 2007. Also gamerpics and stuff like that. I think this was before 720p hit YouTube and before 360 HDD disc installs. I eventually started seeking out merchandise like the original 360 Miki faceplate (haha, I can't even use this any more, since I upgraded to a slim J-360 unit) and Wedding Azusa. It doesn't really seem like it was that long ago.

Honestly, even though I bought 2 for 360, 2 for PS3 (regular, then eventually the LE and the entirety of G4U), I have a really soft spot for iM@S and L4U's character models and largely prefer them over 2/OFA onwards. There was just something unique about them which I don't really feel present within the other games. These models don't transition into art at all, either. I have issues with the fundamental design choices of 2, and OFA is relatively casual, but as far as I'm concerned the original iM@S and L4U fandisc were definitely something I spent a lot more time on by comparison.

Okayu

• E4-G4-D3-B3
  • Global Moderator
  • Producer
  • 千早の可愛さは正義!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 01:52:22 am »
Honestly, even though I bought 2 for 360, 2 for PS3 (regular, then eventually the LE and the entirety of G4U), I have a really soft spot for iM@S and L4U's character models and largely prefer them over 2/OFA onwards. There was just something unique about them which I don't really feel present within the other games. These models don't transition into art at all, either. I have issues with the fundamental design choices of 2, and OFA is relatively casual, but as far as I'm concerned the original iM@S and L4U fandisc were definitely something I spent a lot more time on by comparison.
I get what you mean. I think it's related to the style change that came with vision 2. Like to me vision 1 is based on the trends from early/mid 2000s, while vision 2 is based on late 2000s/early 2010s trends. I'm curious what changes they'll do with the PS4 game/vision 3.

I think part of the reason that 2 and OFA aren't as replayable are due to their game modes. 2 has those unskippable scenes that you always go through every route and you're forced into trios instead of choosing how many members you want. OFA has endless mode with no other modes so once you beat the game there's no reason to replay besides DLC stuff. Also removing online play in 2nd vision. I still want to play imas 1 and L4U but unless they port them it won't be any time soon as I don't have a xbox 360. But from what I know about them imas 1 was a port of the arcade game so of course it had a lot of content in comparison to later games. L4U had a more detailed rhythm system than Shiny Festa while having even more options than stage for you in vision 2 (they really shouldn't have removed the option to choose who sang what vocals). I liked how Live for You changed the prospective a bit by having a fan producer and the rhythm parts being fan cheering.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:09:14 am by Okayu »