Username: Password:

Author Topic: Stereoscopic Gallery  (Read 7331 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: Stereoscopic Gallery
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 04:16:56 am »
Squirrelbear. There, everybody go home. :P
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 05:33:02 am »
This is really neat!  I can't do the parallel view method no matter how hard I try though, I always end up doing it cross view which works just fine, but I feel like it's putting a lot of strain on my eyes.  Is there a certain trick to it?  The one's in Ani's link are amazing though!  It's as if they're standing inside a glass case in front of you.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:38:53 am by Nayre »

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 06:48:53 am »
Thanks for checking out this thread, Nayre!

Here's a way to do the parallel view method: lean towards your screen and defocus your eyes. This will probably also make your eyes diverge so that you're seeing double. Look at one of the stereograms like this and try to get an image from your left eye to overlap one from the right eye. Then slowly move away from your screen and focus your eyes. You'll then see the 3D image.

I'd choose one of the smaller stereograms to start off with and try to align something in the image that has a simple shape, like the jar in this stereogram:

You can also practice by drawing two dots on a piece of paper, about the same distance apart as your eyes, and trying to align them like I explained above. Once you've got that down you can try the images again.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:51:29 am by altuixde »

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 08:21:08 am »
Hmmm, my problem is that I don't have the ability to unfocus my eyes at will, unfortunately.  I looked it up and it seems like it's something you either have or don't have.

Most people can do it to varying degrees, with varying difficulty, and that flexibility can be increased with practice. (About one person in twenty is never going to be able to work those 3-d dot stereograms, but those who can find it easier over time.)

Heh.  I'm just one of those people I guess.  Unlucky.  :P
Oh well, thanks for sharing!  This was a really interesting topic to delve into.  Fun stuff. XD

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 06:51:32 pm »
More stereograms. 8)

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 06:49:19 am »
Just found instructions on how to do the parallel view method on Magic Eye's site. Magic Eye stereograms are different from the side by side form of stereogram I've posted in this thread but the method of viewing them is the same. If my instructions failed you, perhaps give Magic Eye's instructions a try. :)