Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Pokemon Thread.  (Read 23264 times)

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pokemon Thread.
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2016, 05:11:19 am »
I've been seriously considering getting back into the series this gen.(all this sun/moon hype got to me lol)  Idk, we'll see.  So what you guys think of those new starters?  Tbh I was a bit underwhelmed by the designs, but they've grown on me a bit.

Rowlett is cute and all, but I really don't like the typing.  Litten is cute too with that deadpan expression, but I think I'm liking Popplio the most.(cuz I'm a biased water-type fan XD)  He also seems like the underdog this gen.  I'm a little disappointed we got another sea lion tho! -.-  No dolphin why?!  People are speculating he might turn out a water/fairy type clown seal.  I'm hoping for water/psychic.  Either would be great.

Someone drew what they thought the final evolutions of all 3 starters might look like.  I hope they at least look this good, or better.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2016, 07:10:52 am »
The starters are pretty cute. Rowlet is the popular one and I can see why, but the typing sucks. I know it's a barn owl, but that doesn't stop the grass/flying typing combination from sucking unless you're Shaymin-Sky (though at least you don't need to get a birdmon on your team to teach Fly with so that's that). Litten is my least favorite out of the three but otherwise I'm alright with it. So that leaves Popplio as my favorite of three. I guess it's because water-types are my favorite type and the water starters tend to have designs I liked over the rest.

I can't say much about the legendary mascots though. They're growing to me, but they didn't leave much of an impression as Xerneas and Yveltal did when they're first revealed. I'm tending to lead towards the Lion over the Moon Zubat thing. I hope that the new legends don't reach the Reshiram/Zekrom level of suckage movepool-wise.

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2016, 07:05:49 pm »
First at all, Pokémon XY and ORAS users... Shiny Xerneas available on mystery gift (day 11 ~ 17). And Shiny Yveltay (*cough cough* bacon) will be available on may 20 ~ 26.

By the way, I already got Volcanion on GTS, completing 721 Pokémons, got 1000 secret base flags, finished the contests and defeated Lucia, got all TMs, finished all Battle Maison modes. I think I can say I finished that game and I can go to the next.
I passed the entire generation 6 using Touhou based team (OK, I created a full lunatic team, Chihaya's blue team and stuffs, but anyway). I think I'll play the next game with an original one full generation 7 then.

*see the trailer and a fire cat as one of the starters Pokémon*

"Oh, Rin Kaenbyou..."

I've been seriously considering getting back into the series this gen.(all this sun/moon hype got to me lol)  Idk, we'll see.  So what you guys think of those new starters?  Tbh I was a bit underwhelmed by the designs, but they've grown on me a bit.

Rowlet = Kotori
Litten = Orin
Popplio = no reference yet

Joking aside, I'll go with Litten. That look like it'll end up in darkness or ghost (I hope)...

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2016, 08:05:06 pm »
After seeing all the trailers and everything recently done, I'm super hyped about this. Really looking forward to seeing Litten's evolutions.
Sort of glad it comes out in November though, that way my savings can recuperate from the beating they'll take next month, haha...
Also, the Japanese trailer has all the feels, js.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:04:09 am by Rin »
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2016, 09:39:06 am »
@ChocoCats  Yes, yes! Agreed.  I think I'd like Litten more if it actually looked more cuddly and kitten-like as in the fanarts.(adorable XD)

So I'm thinking stats-wise, Popplio is almost definitely going to be the speediest of the bunch cuz of it's acrobatic traits. I'm actually counting on it since we've had only 1/6 of the water starters so far actually make it over 100 base spd lol.(even grass has had at least 2!)  Other stats: high special atk, low physical, average hp and defenses.  Maybe it'll get some kind of new unique ability like a water version of sand veil or something.  Rowlet might be the most physically offensive.  Litten's prolly gonna end up the slowest and defensive one, especially if the second typing ends up dark.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2016, 05:22:14 am »

Rowlet = Kotori
Litten = Orin
Popplio = no reference yet

Rowlet...oh man, I've seen so much fanart recently of Rowlet and Kotori (Love Live) it's crazy!
I think Rowlet became the first starter Pokémon in six generations to begin with two types...after Bulbasaur.

As for Popplio, if I start with it, I plan to name it Jonathan after the seal in Kaleido Star.

Rin

• Apprentice
  • 初めて会った日、覚えてますか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2016, 06:35:47 pm »
I guess Litten is supposed to pick up the Ground-type at some point when it evolves?

I sure hope it'll be the bulkiest of the three to make up for it not even resisting Grass any more on top of the four times weakness to Water, if it does turn part Ground.
What will I paint on the pure-white tomorrow that spreads to its limit?
What will I paint on the tomorrow dyed pitch-black by reality?
Through struggle, we shine.

Lunarian

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2016, 09:43:19 am »
is there any code for the darkrai event ? lol

I dont have it, since its can be only if you visit the store in America

maybe there is someone who want share it here XD

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2016, 03:31:23 pm »
Sorry, but the event had already ended since the 24th and I already used the code for it. Though there's another Mew event via the June sletter if you create a Trainer's Club account plus check accepting promotional email from the main TPCi website.

JNiles

• Producer
  • Gimme a hug
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2016, 03:56:04 pm »
The Gamestop codes are valid for a while after the distribution period, maybe a few months.

I'm not sure if they work cross-region.

Lunarian

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2016, 04:09:17 pm »
Sorry, but the event had already ended since the 24th and I already used the code for it. Though there's another Mew event via the June sletter if you create a Trainer's Club account plus check accepting promotional email from the main TPCi website.

oh ic, I will check the web then

The Gamestop codes are valid for a while after the distribution period, maybe a few months.

I'm not sure if they work cross-region.

well, my region is US. but I just dont live in US

lol

btw, pls add my friend code 1822-1004-4863
need more safari friend :3
thx

Sunflorazumarill

• Haruka Miki Chihaya Fan
    • View Profile
    • Pokémon Peace Squad Central
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 03:01:01 am »
While a bit unrelated (but still about Pokemon), after long last I've managed to finish putting down everything pertaining to my sequels to Pokémon Infinite and Zero, Pokémon Vari-Infi and Vari-Zero. Now to prevent a repeat of what happened almost two years ago with posting my Pokémon Infinite and Zero ideas, I'll instead just post a link to where you can find Pokémon Vari-Infi and Pokemon Vari-Zero. Now they're not the best thing out there and I even think they may suffer from sequel stagnation, but I did what I wanted to do. You can either check them out for yourself or just ignore them. Your choice. I just hope they're not considered awful to you.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2016, 06:36:38 pm »
thx

3DS FC & Mii Name:
1263-7077-5263 - Catherine

NNID name is the same as my forum name, "ChocoCats".

Games:
Pokemon Y & AS
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

My Safari type is Ice. My Pokemon are Snorunt, Sneasel, and Dewgong.

Lunarian

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2016, 03:46:55 am »
My Safari type is Ice. My Pokemon are Snorunt, Sneasel, and Dewgong.

thx :3 I all ready add you ;)

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2016, 04:19:47 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW14HO7C1Dg&feature=youtu.be

People used common sense. But it failed. xD

thx

Sure.
Mine is 1865-0712-6357. But I dunno if it is complete since I erased my Pokémon X file.