Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fan Game Idea (THE iDOLM@STER: Midnight Groove!)  (Read 3768 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Fan Game Idea (THE iDOLM@STER: Midnight Groove!)
« on: September 30, 2014, 03:54:34 am »
Got a third fan game idea for you guys! No, this one does not involve beating people up. In fact, this one might be more in-canon.

Idols from all over Japan's biggest production companies (765Pro, 876Pro, 961Pro, 315Pro, etc.) have received invites for a competition. But not just any competition. A DANCE-OFF!!!

THE iDOLM@STER: Midnight Groove! will be a dancing-based rhythm game based on THE iDOLM@STER franchise with various characters dancing to songs from throughout the franchise's history. Pick from various characters and challenge others to see who has the best dance moves and find out who will win the title of World's Greatest Dancer!

Seems a bit on the silly side, but hey I gotta have something fun to deviate from all the fighting games. Leave your thoughts. I'll have concept sketches and other info on characters soon enough.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Game Idea (THE iDOLM@STER: Midnight Groove!)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 04:59:50 am »
That didn't take long. Concept Art for the first two announced characters: Happy-Go-Lucky Lead Haruka Amami and Song Goddess Chihaya Kisaragi get down on the dance floor!

Every character design is gonna go for a more "groovy" feel, as if everybody is gonna get down in the club, which they kinda are. If anybody has any thoughts and ways that I can expand on the outfits for the final versions, leave them below.

As for next time......

Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 05:11:39 am »
They both look great. I especially like Chihaya's shirt and Haruka's... vest? :) Why is Chihaya wearing glasses?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:39 am »
They both look great. I especially like Chihaya's shirt and Haruka's... vest? :) Why is Chihaya wearing glasses?

Yes, Haruka has a vest on.

Chihaya's wearing glasses....really as an accessory. They serve absolutely no purpose but to look nice. ^-^;
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »
Both Haruka and Chihaya look great!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 04:30:06 pm »

This is incredible.

Though, I must ask, since the original iM@S disappoints me HORRIBLY in this regard:

Will the idols' actual base dance stats have anything to do with this? You know, like how Yukiho's dance is like, 14, and Hibiki's is like, 26, but somehow they both look EXACTLY THE FREAKING SAME when they dance?

Maybe certain idols need to be built up more than others? You can do special lessons with them or something to make them dance better. I don't know.

All I know is when it comes to visual and vocal stats, it's easy to see why certain idols get the stats they do. Certain idols actually sing better/look better than others.

But dance? There's NO DISTINCTION AT ALL between freaking Yukiho and freaking Hibiki. I mean, I know they practice really hard, but at least make there a difference in styles! Like maybe Yukiho tends to be more elegant in her movements and might fall behind a bit, while Hibiki's moves are sharp and punctuated, right on time!
SOMETHING.

...this thread is no place for Ranty Grace, I'm so sorry, Haruka and Chihaya look great, looking forward to Ritsuko (no idea who the other girl is lol), keep up the good work, bye~ *flies away*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:32:08 pm by Amazing_Grace »

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 05:01:01 pm »
I haven't fully figured out how each character is gonna be differentiated, not only in terms of visuals, but in terms of gameplay as well. This is VERY early, so I have a lot of time to consider this.

That other girl is Megumi Tokoro from Million Live, who, despite being Visual, fits TOO well for a game like this due to her fabulous nature.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 05:03:31 pm »
Makes sense.

Guess I'm just feeling ranty today, sorry. :P

Aaaah. Million Live girl. Explains why I didn't recognize her.

I kinda wanna play Ml and CG, but at the same time it's just too much to keep up with and I feel like I wouldn't really play it because I WANTED to, but rather because everyone else does. Just like how I feel about watching Doctor Who.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 05:08:14 pm »
Makes sense.

Guess I'm just feeling ranty today, sorry. :P

Aaaah. Million Live girl. Explains why I didn't recognize her.

I kinda wanna play Ml and CG, but at the same time it's just too much to keep up with and I feel like I wouldn't really play it because I WANTED to, but rather because everyone else does. Just like how I feel about watching Doctor Who.

For Cinderella Girls, wait for the anime in January.

For Million Live, I made a request for character profiles on the newcomers and people (mainly Maka and chaos176) have done an AMAZING job at giving them here in the ML thread starting from this page onward: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1911.165.html

They're VERY interesting reads even if some translations seem rough. You might find some favorites.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 05:12:43 pm »
Yeah, I think I'll go give those translations a look one day, even if Grammar Nazi Grace ends up finding something to gripe about just because I'm Grammar Nazi Grace. Still, I've been ghosting that thread and kinda reading a few and I like the girls, just not something I see myself really getting into.

As for the CG anime, I might watch it if I'm not too caught up on Nanatsu no Taizai and trying to get around to Fullmetal Alchemist one day. :P

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 04:56:48 am »
This took a while, but here they are, this game's fanservice characters: Hard-Working Demon Drill Sergeant Ritsuko Akizuki from the main series and Fabulous Friendly Fashionista Megumi Tokoro from Million Live!

As for next time.....

Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 10:39:44 pm »
Really love Ritsuko and Megumi! Both of the girls look fantastic. Loving Ritsuko's face. ...OK, loving Ritsuko in general, actually.

Great job!

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!