Username: Password:

Author Topic: Typos in Nostalgia/Watashi Datte Onnanoko?  (Read 2113 times)

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
Typos in Nostalgia/Watashi Datte Onnanoko?
« on: September 04, 2014, 09:45:06 pm »
Poking around the wiki, I think I found some typos in the lyrics for Nostalgia and Watashi Datte Onnanoko when comparing what I hear in videos to the subtitles and the transcribed lyrics. My general knowledge of Japanese being fairly limited outside of some Hiragana, I wanted to check here first.

Nostalgia - I'm fairly sure "Seijaku" should replace "Shijima" in the 静寂の中で portion of the lyrics. The characters are correct as far as I can tell, but putting 静寂 in some kanji-to-romaji translators, seijaku is a common result; this could have been caused from alternate character meanings, but one thing is for sure; I can tell that Miki is NOT singing "shijima" in that point.

Watashi Datte Onnanoko - Comparing the wiki's transcribed portion of 欲しいてもを to the actual subtitles for the portion, there is no "te" in that portion of the lyrics, and the "no" is missing. As well, the end character is を - which should be "wo" not "o" (though I admit that it can be hard to hear a difference from this; as I'm learning from self-study, I'm not sure how this would be treated in actual speech). The end result would end up as "hoshiimo no wo", I believe?

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: Typos in Nostalgia/Watashi Datte Onnanoko?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 09:59:45 pm »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:44:47 pm »
It would be Hoshii mono, not hoshiimo no, btw. Since mono is one word.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 11:42:55 pm »
It would be Hoshii mono, not hoshiimo no, btw. Since mono is one word.

For を, read this link: http://www.project-imas.com/wiki/Romanization_Standardization_and_Clarifications

You learn new things every day. But, as said, since my knowledge was lacking I wanted to check first; thanks to the both of you.