Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hey Hey! :3  (Read 5541 times)

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
Re: Hey Hey! :3
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2014, 06:49:33 am »
Q: Why is your username "Takechan"?
A: Just something people called me on another forum prior so it stuck, I suppose.

Take usually means bamboo, but is also used in mushroom names.

Welcome to the forums!
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Takechan

• Apprentice
  • I only have slight brain problems.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 02:18:54 am »
Well, that's interesting. Haha. The username I had before was Takeko_K, just based off a favorite character from another anime.

Thanks for the welcome, by the way! ^^

Amami Haruka desu!
I love HaruChiha way too much.
Steam: amamiharuka765
Twitter: TakeP765

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 04:01:28 pm »
Oh hey a newbie for me to welcome! YAAAY.

I now have an excuse to get active again. I love meeting new people. ;D Anyhow, welcome to the forums!

The only thing really is that the characters' personalities are different. It might not be so bad if I just imagine them acting or something like that, haha. I actually enjoy mecha animes.

Don't even consider it iDOLM@STER and that will help, I promise you. After about episode 4, I realized if I kept associating Xenoglossia with iDOLM@STER, I would never be able to enjoy it. So I completely erased all traces of original iM@S from my mind while watching the series and viewed Xenoglossia like it was completely unrelated. And to this day, it's my second favorite anime. Ever. Period.
So. XD

But I can agree the difference in personalities of half the characters is just plain JARRING. Makoto baby where is all your cute? Oh there it is, in the form of a crab obsession. ...You're still perfect.

Anyways, welcome, enjoy your stay, and iDOLM@STER is amazing.

Also Makoto is best idol so early fan you was incredible. Let's be best friends. *shot in the head for being weird* I'm sorry. I'm too friendly. X'D

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 09:50:54 pm »
I've watched 4 or 5 I think? It's been a little while since the last one I watched. The only thing really is that the characters' personalities are different. It might not be so bad if I just imagine them acting or something like that, haha. I actually enjoy mecha animes.

Don't even consider it iDOLM@STER and that will help, I promise you. After about episode 4, I realized if I kept associating Xenoglossia with iDOLM@STER, I would never be able to enjoy it. So I completely erased all traces of original iM@S from my mind while watching the series and viewed Xenoglossia like it was completely unrelated. And to this day, it's my second favorite anime. Ever. Period.

Only one way to enjoy Xenoglossia is to root for the Master version of your most favourite anim@s character to the very end! I associated XenoMas with anim@s and actually enjoyed it! Right now I can say only one thing: keep watching! 8) 8) 8) 8)

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »
I've watched 4 or 5 I think? It's been a little while since the last one I watched. The only thing really is that the characters' personalities are different. It might not be so bad if I just imagine them acting or something like that, haha. I actually enjoy mecha animes.

I don't recommend watching Xeno if you a fan of Idolm@ster or mecha anime. Moe-ish fanservice and mecha don't mix (and not to mention, the fights are pretty bland). I hate how the anime treated the characters, especially Chihaya and Yukiho and they never fully explain why Chihaya wants Yukiho to help her in the first place (and let's not forget that she backstabs Yukiho after Yukiho betrays Haurka).

Takechan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 11:35:05 pm »
But I can agree the difference in personalities of half the characters is just plain JARRING. Makoto baby where is all your cute? Oh there it is, in the form of a crab obsession. ...You're still perfect.

I laughed so hard whenever Ritsuko called Iori Deko-chan. You have no idea. And Yayoi... No words.

Also Makoto is best idol so early fan you was incredible. Let's be best friends. *shot in the head for being weird* I'm sorry. I'm too friendly. X'D

Makoto is still very high up there for me. She'll always be my first iM@S love! She's so cute. x)

I don't recommend watching Xeno if you a fan of Idolm@ster or mecha anime. Moe-ish fanservice and mecha don't mix (and not to mention, the fights are pretty bland). I hate how the anime treated the characters, especially Chihaya and Yukiho and they never fully explain why Chihaya wants Yukiho to help her in the first place (and let's not forget that she backstabs Yukiho after Yukiho betrays Haurka).

Honestly, I pretty much agree with you. From reading online on forums and such I can pretty much gather what happens in Xeno. That part in particular about Chihaya and Yukiho bothers me a bit as well.

Amami Haruka desu!

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 05:27:42 pm »

The fanservice is pretty over-the-top, I can totally agree with you there. I think it's just been ingrained in my mind that I liked the series, but it's definitely one of those shows you either love or hate. Not everyone's cup of tea.
Don't even get me started on betrayals in that show. It rocked me so hard, it's not even OK. I think the whole Chihaya/Yukiho thing was just that Chihaya stumbled upon a lonely Yukiho one day, Yukiho swore to do anything or Chihaya because Chihaya was like her only friend, Chihaya took advantage of that devotion to get Yukiho to do what she wanted.
And all the lesbian subtext. Ugh.

I laughed so hard whenever Ritsuko called Iori Deko-chan. You have no idea. And Yayoi... No words.

That anime made me laugh and cry so much it's like unhealthy, I swear. It moves so slowly in the beginning, though. I think it gets better in the second half, personally. After Makoto becomes less of a b*tch. X'D

Yayoiii.
I use her "Yoyoyoyoyoyoyooo~!" catchphrase all the time.

Makoto is still very high up there for me. She'll always be my first iM@S love! She's so cute. x)

I don't even understand how anyone can not love Makoto.
But that's because I'm a fangirl and she's just so adorable.
My friends tell me we're kinda similar, so maybe that's why I love her so much. :U I'm making up for my low self-esteem.
We even both got trapped in an elevator as children.
BONUS POINTS.

Honestly, I pretty much agree with you. From reading online on forums and such I can pretty much gather what happens in Xeno. That part in particular about Chihaya and Yukiho bothers me a bit as well.

I think the Chihaya/Yukiho bit bothered pretty much everyone.
I honestly have to say my favorite part of Xenoglossia (and one of the biggest reasons I watched the show in the first place) was for character development. At first everyone was pretty one-dimensional, but certain characters really evovled and changed throughout the series, and I just...I dunno. I liked it.
Unfortunately, the characters that really got the most development had all that development crammed into a two episode arc and really didn't get much focus either before or after that. They were just like "Oh, rememebr this guy? Yeah, look, here's a bit of development for him, OK, now you'll like never see him again, byeee~"
And then other characters got no development at all, and it was really annoying. But I still liked it.
...OK let's be honest guys I only watched this for Eri Kitamura as Makoto.

...I made a board for this but no one uses it.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 10:53:28 am »
Oh, welcome there! And have fun! o/

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 07:17:38 pm »
Oh hey, my greeting's long overdo... so welcome to the fold, Ashley! Hope you've been having a grand time with these like-minded awesome people and stuffs. :3

Also hey someone else who uses ':3'! :3
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Takechan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 08:48:48 am »
Oh, welcome there! And have fun! o/

Oh hey, my greeting's long overdo... so welcome to the fold, Ashley! Hope you've been having a grand time with these like-minded awesome people and stuffs. :3

Also hey someone else who uses ':3'! :3

Haha. Thanks for the welcome, you two! ^^

Amami Haruka desu!