Username: Password:

Author Topic: Leon Cosplay- Now 100% Complete!! Pictures on page 4!!  (Read 15077 times)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Leon Cosplay- Now 100% Complete!! Pictures on page 4!!
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:02:08 am »
Hello there everyone. I'm back from the dead with a new project; it's not Haruka. *shot*

Leon's Stage Outfit Cosplay
Percent Completion: 100%

First round completed pictures here -> http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,2133.msg55142.html#msg55142

Tasks-
*Buy wig and dye it
*Crop Top- Partially completed, lining needs to be sewn in and straps need to be changed.
*Butterfly
*Main skirt- Pattern is cut out
*Skirt cover
*Hair piece
*Shoes
*Gloves and small accessories
*Buy circle lenses

So far I'm in the planning stage.
I'm thinking of using this pattern for the top and drafting my own pattern for the skirt.

I will be keeping my progress here like previously with Scarlet Sprite. Hope to make progress soon!

Also if this turns out half way decent I will be wearing this at the Saboten convention Masq. Signed up for the Saboten Convention Masquerade!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:27:41 pm by animagic4u »

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
Re: Leon Cosplay- "Don't ever stop!"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 10:41:15 am »
It always amazes me when people make a great costume. Ironically, I guess I'm too busy playing video games and watching anime to learn how to make costumes from them.

What do you do about long wigs tangling throughout the day, though?
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 11:09:38 am »
i'm looking forward to the result

But i think there is one more thing that you should do if you want to cosplay as Leon: Get color contact lenses.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 03:02:11 pm »
I love your cosplays! I find it nice you're switching things up (haven't seen a Leon cosplayer outside Japan yet). Looking forward to it.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 04:03:24 pm »
It always amazes me when people make a great costume. Ironically, I guess I'm too busy playing video games and watching anime to learn how to make costumes from them.

What do you do about long wigs tangling throughout the day, though?

I used to have long hair myself (now I have Haruka hair) so I'm used to dealing with long hair. However, I'm also thinking about using the same gel one would use to set curls on the ends of the wig to help them keep shape. I'll have to be careful with the ends since I intend on dying them.

i'm looking forward to the result

But i think there is one more thing that you should do if you want to cosplay as Leon: Get color contact lenses.

Oh, of course! I actually just learned how to wear circle lenses last year so I'm confident there.

I love your cosplays! I find it nice you're switching things up (haven't seen a Leon cosplayer outside Japan yet). Looking forward to it.

Thanks! It feels good to be the antagonist for once. Bwahahaha!

I found a free pattern for a tiered mini skirt and I can simply take one of the tiers out of the skirt to make it work! Finding these patterns takes a lot of the hard work of drafting out of the equation.
Now the only parts that will need drafting are the over skirt pieces. I am planning on testing these in miniature before I move on.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 04:24:28 pm by animagic4u »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:37:16 pm »
Well, damn. This is something to look forward to, so I'm glad I caught this thread. Leon has quite the spunk, and her outfit accents that like crazy. May you have the best of fortunes to make for an awesome Leon! :3

Adding to what Naryoril said, wouldn't contacts become irritable after a while? Granted, I've never worn these, but I'm wary if the sexy heterochromia comes at a price. D:
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 07:50:48 pm »
I think this is an ambitious idea for you. Haven't heard much about Leon ever since One for All's launch, so its great to see her get SOME love. I'd just really like to see a picture of you in the finished product or at least photos of the costume in development. I dunno, I'm interested in development stuff. :p. Good luck to you, madam.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 08:11:49 pm »
Good luck! Seeing you work hard on an imas cosplay kinda inspires me to finally get around to doing my own.

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 08:08:04 pm »
Well, damn. This is something to look forward to, so I'm glad I caught this thread. Leon has quite the spunk, and her outfit accents that like crazy. May you have the best of fortunes to make for an awesome Leon! :3

Adding to what Naryoril said, wouldn't contacts become irritable after a while? Granted, I've never worn these, but I'm wary if the sexy heterochromia comes at a price. D:

Thank you for the support!
I do get a little irritation with contact lenses occasionally, but for a photos I think I should be fine. I might not wear them to the con to prevent any irritation. Last year at PHXCC I wore green lenses with my Haruka cosplay and some of my foundation started getting in my eye which lead to a very uncomfortable time.

I think this is an ambitious idea for you. Haven't heard much about Leon ever since One for All's launch, so its great to see her get SOME love. I'd just really like to see a picture of you in the finished product or at least photos of the costume in development. I dunno, I'm interested in development stuff. :p. Good luck to you, madam.

Thank you! I am planning on showing my full process as per my last few cosplay threads ! Look forward to it!

Good luck! Seeing you work hard on an imas cosplay kinda inspires me to finally get around to doing my own.

You should try it! I've learned so much by doing this, it's really a great experience! Hoping to learn more with this!

Some updates.

Here's how I start my process in drafting Leon's overskirt.
I start with a paper mockup that I make based on looking at her video.

Once I feel confident with the shape, I go to a 1/3 scale mock-up in some scrap fabrics I have. Some of you might know I am a doll collector and have many models available for doing mockups of my 1/1 scale clothing.

I sew together the mock-up and check where the pattern needs some improvement.

I like what I have so far! But to make the wings really pop I'm going to add some darts (for those of you who are not familiar with sewing/clothing terms, darts refers to stitching something like a 'pleat' into the fabric to make it contour to the body's curves).
Time to work on the 1/1 scale pattern based on what I made!

The measurements I used on the 1/3 scale version was her hip size + 1 inch (to allow overlap) and for the wings her hip size - 2 inches.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:18:42 pm by animagic4u »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 11:18:58 pm »
...Continued

I made a human scale pattern using some old wrapping paper I had laying around.

Unsurprisingly it looks like a butterfly.
Afterwards, I tried this out in some test fabric I had.
The upper part is good, but the wings still need some work!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:46:10 pm by animagic4u »

Yui

• Producer
  • Presenting Pisces Yui!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 12:09:14 am »
Very nice. I imagine how this will result. Anyway... good luck! o/

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 01:28:38 am »
Thank you for the support!
I do get a little irritation with contact lenses occasionally, but for a photos I think I should be fine. I might not wear them to the con to prevent any irritation. Last year at PHXCC I wore green lenses with my Haruka cosplay and some of my foundation started getting in my eye which lead to a very uncomfortable time.

No problem! I'd opt for contacts just when the time comes for pictures, then; the more convenience the merrier.

Speaking of, hurray for WIP pictures! \(^^)/

As someone verily oblivious to the ropes involved in doling out effective cosplay, it's really nice to take in all those meticulous steps.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 03:13:22 am »
Very nice. I imagine how this will result. Anyway... good luck! o/

Thank you!!

No problem! I'd opt for contacts just when the time comes for pictures, then; the more convenience the merrier.

Speaking of, hurray for WIP pictures! \(^^)/

As someone verily oblivious to the ropes involved in doling out effective cosplay, it's really nice to take in all those meticulous steps.

There's a lot of failures that come up, and I think that people who don't cosplay themselves never get the chance to see it... I love showing that side of it too! It reminds me what to not screw up on the next time!

Small update, but the wig and contact lenses have been ordered!
Purchased the pattern for the top so just need to print it out and assemble it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:28:12 am by animagic4u »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:11 am »
Short update:

My lenses arrived today.

Sorry about not more updates. I haven't been able to work hard recently due to an ongoing illness I've been having. Once the weekend comes I'll start creating the top. :D

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 06:12:59 am »
Question, how are you going to do the sequins on the top and skirt? That's the major thing keeping me from a Luxury cosplay (haven't decided on the idol but still).