Username: Password:

Author Topic: Costume Pages Questions  (Read 1464 times)

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
Costume Pages Questions
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:21:20 pm »
Certain costumes appear under different names in their later appearances. Should we create separate pages for each of them, or just redirect one of them to the other's page? And if we decide to do the second option, which name should we choose as the title?

Costumes that have this problem are as follows:

* Snow Strawberry & 876PRO Cute Ai
* Indigo Spangle & 876PRO Cool Eri
* Musket Planet & 876PRO Cosmic Ryo
* School Swimsuit, Old School Swimsuit, 765 School Swimsuit, 765 White School Swimsuit
* Summer Days School & Summer Days School SP
* Gravure Swimsuit 2 & Angel's Swimsuit
* Beyond the Nobles, Beyond the Vibes, Beyond the Wishes & Beyond the Stars
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: Costume Pages Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 04:45:54 pm »
What I would do is something like you have with the training wear/jersey pages at first: have a sidenote saying "oh this is what it's been called in other games". But then, make a page for, say, 876 Pro Cute Ai and have it redirect to Snow Strawberry. UNLESS the derivative one looks significantly different from the original, like in the case of Exercise Wear NEO.

I think in deciding which page is the "main" and which is the redirect, you could base it on either a) the most recent name it's appeared under b) the one that's had the most appearances, or c) the name that's most common among fans.

I'd go with a personally, but the weak point of that one is that if a new derivative comes out for OFA, that could create some trouble...

(BTW I think Musket should be MUSCAT, like a green grape, but I didn't want to move the page randomly.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:47:52 pm by Maka »

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
Re: Costume Pages Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »
Ah, Thank you so much! I really needed that clear up!

(BTW I think Musket should be MUSCAT, like a green grape, but I didn't want to move the page randomly.)

Feel free to move pages to a better translation. The names I've been using are pretty much either from badly translated fan-sites, compendiums for OFA and 2, or google translate. Finding stuff for First Vision clothes was at times guess and go. I know some of the translations I made on there are probably wrong like "Webbed Hunter" and "Lively Rose", so if anyone can offer a better translation, go for it!  :)
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red