Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fan Game Idea (The iDOLM@STER: Dragon's Destiny)  (Read 10044 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Fan Game Idea (The iDOLM@STER: Dragon's Destiny)
« on: June 30, 2014, 05:52:59 am »
Aka, why the Mobile Showdown idea was deleted. Unlike Mobile Showdown which popped into my head at that moment, this idea has been in my head ever since Summer of 2013. Now is the perfect time to share it. Remember that fanstory I said about the idols participating in a fighting tournament. Well, here it is. Introducting....

THE iDOLM@STER: Dragon's Destiny-Fight for the Brighter Future

Pictured: Haruka, Chihaya, Miki, Iori, Shiho, Takane, Makoto, and newcomer Maki

A 2D sprite-based fighting game starring the cast from Nacmo Bandai's THE iDOLM@STER Franchise that has been going on for nearly ten years. Now have your favorite idols compete in who will rise to the top of the Dragon's Destiny tournament. As well as who is able to take down the big bad, Maki Sakuraba, a demon who wishes for mass genocide. Don't worry, the entire game takes place within a movie that the girls are recording so everything is justified via scripted sequences and special effects and wires for special moves. :P

The full roster will be:

From The iDOLM@STER (Arcade): Haruka Amami, Chihaya Kisaragi, Yukiho Hagiwara, Yayoi Takatsuki, Ritsuko Akizuki, Azusa Miura, Iori Minase, Makoto Kikuchi, Ami Futami, Mami Futami

From The iDOLM@STER (Xbox 360): Miki Hoshii

From The iDOLM@STER SP: Hibiki Ganaha, Takane Shijou (Sub Boss)

From The iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars (console-version only): Ai Hidaka, Eri Mizutani, Ryo Akizuki

From The iDOLM@STER Million Live! (console-version only): Kana Yabuki, Shiho Kitazawa, Umi Kousaka

Original Generation: Maki Sakuraba (Final Boss)

If this game is made, I hope for an Arcade release first, then a port to Xbox One, Playstation 4, Wii U, and PC.

Leave your thoughts on what you all think. I will post more info on this idea at a later time.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Sunflorazumarill

• Haruka Miki Chihaya Fan
    • View Profile
    • Pokémon Peace Squad Central
Re: Fan Game Idea (The iDOLM@STER: Dragon's Destiny)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:27:12 am »
I think it's a cool idea. I do have some interesting ideas for it.

R.I.F.F.A. could be an unlockable bonus character, but has no role in the story. She could be unlocked by clearing the game under certain conditions.

Also, some of the characters could have their Xenoglossia outfits as unlockable alternate costumes. (They could have other unlockable costumes as well.)

Sorry, but I had to propose these Hidden Extras ideas.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:30:05 am »
I think it's a cool idea. I do have some interesting ideas for it.

R.I.F.F.A. could be an unlockable bonus character, but has no role in the story. She could be unlocked by clearing the game under certain conditions.

Also, some of the characters could have their Xenoglossia outfits as unlockable alternate costumes. (They could have other unlockable costumes as well.)

Sorry, but I had to propose these Hidden Extras ideas.

Maybe I can save R.I.F.F.A. for a sequel if I ever get to it.

Alternate costumes are a possibility, but maybe a bit more difficult due to being a 2D fighter.

However, there WILL be Xenoglossia representation, just in a different, subtle, and more unexpected manner.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:41:49 am »
SOUL COUNTERPARTS

What's a Soul Counterpart? Essentially, playable evil versions of every character in the game. Takane and Maki are exceptions for story reasons. The Soul Counterparts will act differently from their normal counterparts in terms of personality, character theme, and mechanics, which will be explained once I post the mechanics in a separate post. So, here are the Soul Counterparts, their personalities, and inspirations if applicable. Btw, small trivia, the name "Soul" is inspired by the Kirby series.

Haruka Soul: Dark, Violent, and overall malicious and unpleasant. Haruka Soul WILL make sure you bow down to her as she proves to be superior to you in every way imaginable! She has a unique red and black color palette in contrast to Haruka's red and white.
-Inspiration: This should be easy. Haruka Soul is CLEARLY inspired by the Dark Haruka alter-ego that is fairly popular in fandom. She even wields a katana for certain moves!

Chihaya Soul: Ruthless, Sadistic, has no problems killing her opponents, cold, deadly serious, and has an odd fascination with Yukiho. She mentally torments Chihaya into believing that she should be "one with her (Chihaya Soul)"
-Inspiration: Xenoglossia fans can tell that Chihaya Soul has CLEAR inspirations from Chihaya's portrayal in THE iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia. Right down to the lesbian overtones with Yukiho.

Miki Soul: Flaunts her body and wants to f**k everything that moves. Miki Soul does not care for anything as long as her opponents can get down, surrender themselves, and let her go to town.
-Inspiration: Miki Soul is a slut. She is inspired by the detractors who refer to Miki as a slutty girl.

Yukiho Soul: The complete opposite of Yukiho. She's somewhat boisterous and only talks about two things: pain and suffering. Yukiho Soul is a sadist through and through and only wants to deal the pain to everybody in her path along with that cute little smile of hers.
-Inspiration: To make the complete 180 of Yukiho that can potentially be made by human hands.

Yayoi Soul: Complete and total glutton. Yayoi Soul will not STOP until she has the whole world in her stomach. She will eat anything and EVERYTHING in her path, no matter what they are.
-Inspiration: Really just a dark over-exaggeration of Yayoi's Big Eater tendencies.

Makoto Soul: A complete and udder coward. Makoto Soul would rather just go home and not do any fighting, but has to because "the big boss lady is forcing her to do so".
-Inspiration: Like Yukiho Soul, Makoto Soul was intended to be the complete opposite of Makoto.

Ritsuko Soul: A corrupt businesswoman who wants the entire world to be under her ownership and wishes to crush 765Pro in particular due to strong jealousy. She taunts Chihaya espeically for her past. She has a unique color palette which gives her a purple suit and red shirt rather than the black suit and green shirt.
-Inspiration: Ritsuko Soul is Rule 63 Kuroi. Plain and Simple. I did this because Kuroi is essentially the anti-Producer and, sadly, Producer is not a playable character, but Ritsuko is and she is (or was, idk if she still is) a producer, so close enough. :P

Azusa Soul: Azusa Soul only craves one thing: attention. She will go insane if the main focus isn't on her. She is incredibly selfish and haughty but also has a dominatrix-esque side to her as well as trong hints at narcissism.

Iori Soul: Iori Soul never wants you to leave and will do anything to keep you with her. Forever. And ever. And ever.....
-Inspriation: Iori Soul is a Yandere. Wanted to have her as a dere that is completely different from a Tsundere.

Ami Soul: A prankster who intentionally means harm. Ami Soul doesn't know the meaning of mercy and will go the extra mile to kill for the sake of comedy.
-Inspiration: I guess you can say The Joker?........

Mami Soul: A strong believer of Nihilism, Mami Soul believes that nothingness is the true meaning of life and will make it so.

Hibiki Soul: The most feared of the bunch, Hibiki Soul is a plain old masochist. Unlike others, her main goal is to actually GET HERSELF KILLED! AND ENJOY IT!!!!!

Ai Soul: A boisterous little s**t, Ai Soul doesn't know when to stay quiet and calm down.

Eri Soul: A witch who controls the dead. Eri Soul is a necromancer who wishes for a world of death so her magic can live on.

Ryo Soul: Aka FABULOUS!!!!! Similar to Shadow Kanji, Ryo Soul is just plain.....fabulous. He is openly unsettling with his rather...questionable flamboyant actions.
-Inspiration: Bad Ending Ryo. Ryo after he goes insane and lets the whole female disguise shtick get to his head.

Kana Soul: A serial killer. Kana Soul wants everybody to get stabbed by her blades and to have everyone's blood felt by the blades.

Shiho Soul: An emo. Shiho Soul sees no point in living and sees everything as inevitably going to wither and die anyway. "Only the reaper wins in the end...."
-Inspiration: A little inside joke, me and a friend like to make fun of Shiho by calling her an emo. Some of her qualities are similar to Zor from Sonic Lost World.

Umi Soul: A girl who craves destruction and chaos. Umi Soul is extremely childish and sees the world as her plaything that she wants to play with and eventually break. Her favorite keepsakes are the skulls of her various victims.
-Inspiration: The psychotic child character archetype. Mainly common fandom portrayals of Flandre Scarlet from the Touhou Project games.

And those are the Soul Counterparts. Leave your thoughts on them.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 06:02:56 am »
I like this idea so far. Those Soul counterparts look particularly interesting.
"I am a shadow. The true self."

Miki's idea is perfect. Essentially Shadow Rise and then some. Too often have I seen comments like that, particularly on /a/ and idolmasterconfessions. Makes me sick sometimes essentially since I have a strong waifuism for her.

Makoto...I think you meant utter coward. "Udder coward" makes her sound like she's afraid of that thing cows have. *ba-dum-tss*

With Soul Ritsuko being a female Kuroi, I wonder if she's going to quote Dio like Kuroi does in my skits/projects (I came up with the idea because Dio Brando is also voiced by Takahito Koyasu).

I like Iori's idea. I heard somewhere yandere can be the opposite of tsundere.
to be honest, in my skits, Haruka is the yandere due to fan speculations

So Soul Ryo is a "manly" man? Is he going to carry around those bladed Mars symbols like Shadow Kanji?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 06:11:47 am »
I like this idea so far. Those Soul counterparts look particularly interesting.
"I am a shadow. The true self."

Miki's idea is perfect. Essentially Shadow Rise and then some. Too often have I seen comments like that, particularly on /a/ and idolmasterconfessions. Makes me sick sometimes essentially since I have a strong waifuism for her.

Makoto...I think you meant utter coward. "Udder coward" makes her sound like she's afraid of that thing cows have. *ba-dum-tss*

With Soul Ritsuko being a female Kuroi, I wonder if she's going to quote Dio like Kuroi does in my skits/projects (I came up with the idea because Dio Brando is also voiced by Takahito Koyasu).

I like Iori's idea. I heard somewhere yandere can be the opposite of tsundere.
to be honest, in my skits, Haruka is the yandere due to fan speculations

So Soul Ryo is a "manly" man? Is he going to carry around those bladed Mars symbols like Shadow Kanji?

Well, Persona was a major inspiration for this. Especially Persona 4 Arena Ultimax's Shadow Doppelgangers. I guess another inspiration could be (and I hate myself for referencing this) Cayfighter 2: Judgment Clay...... Ugh......

I heard about those comments and decided.....why don't I make a character that essentially mocks this? An Evil Miki being a slutty character seemed the most fitting. Azusa could have been one as well, but it'd be redundant.

Makoto Soul could be afraid of cows. XP!

Maybe Ristuko Soul can quote Dio. Not too familiar besides "MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA", "TOKI WO TOMARE", and, everybody with me now "ZA WARUDO" and "WRYYYYYYYYYY!"

Ryo Soul is a more PG Version of the "manly" man. No idea if he's gonna have that, though.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 07:48:33 am »
Maybe Ristuko Soul can quote Dio. Not too familiar besides "MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA", "TOKI WO TOMARE", and, everybody with me now "ZA WARUDO" and "WRYYYYYYYYYY!"

I was also thinking "GINJAKU GINJAKU!!" (Weakling Weakling!) from Part 1.
"Could a monkey fight a man?!"

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 07:51:44 am »
I was also thinking "GINJAKU GINJAKU!!" (Weakling Weakling!) from Part 1.

That could work for a win animation.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 09:26:11 pm »
GAMEPLAY MECHANICS

Each character will have two meters on the bottom of the screen.

Super Meter: Pretty standard for fighting games. A three-level super meter that if at least one level (or 50 meter. The meter goes up to 150) enables a character to use a Super Move. Filling the meter to Level 3 (150) with the opponent at low enough health on the deciding round and with at least 50% Appeal allows use of the Curtain Call, a finishing move similar to BlazBlue's Astral Heats or Persona 4 Arena's Instant Kills. However, only one character does not use this meter. That character is.....

Umi Kousaka's Guts Meter: Umi is unique in that she doesn't have a standard super meter. She instead has a Guts Meter. Ever play Art of Fighting? Then the mechanics are similar. Umi can store up to six amounts of Guts Points. Every Special Move she does costs her one Guts Point. A Super Move costs two Guts Points. Her Curtain Call costs four Guts Points. Without any Guts Points, Umi cannot use any special moves. However, to compensate, ALL of Umi's special moves can be cancelled one after another. Umi can charge her own energy manually to refill her Guts Meter and gain Guts Points.
(Btw, I came up with this idea literally TWO DAYS before Arc System Works announced Sin Kiske for Guilty Gear Xrd, who has the exact same mechanic as Umi!)

Appeal Meter: On top of the Super Meter is an Appeal Meter. The Appeal Meter fills up alongside the Super Meter and is based on one's performance. If the player is doing incredibly, then they will gain Appeal. If the player is doing poorly, then they will lose Appeal. Good offensive and defensive play is what awards one with Appeal, like performing combos, counters, etc. The Appeal Meter has four functions. At 25% or higher, the player can perform a more powerful version of their special moves known as "Appeal Techniques". At 50% or higher, the player can break combos. At 75%-100%, the player can activate "Burst Appeal", which while it shares the name of the common mechanic in the Idolm@ster series, is very different here. Burst Appeals in this game are essentially a character's Super Mode. Their stats increase and their main quality gets the biggest buff of all. For example, Makoto has a damage boost, Miki is invincible to projectiles, since she's a grappler, and Umi has her Guts Meter fill up automatically.

Off the Ground: Every character has a move that allows them to damage their opponent when they are knocked down.

Move Cancelling: The ability to perform a certain attack or even special move right after another attack for extra combo ability.

Guarding: There are two types of guarding: Normal Guarding and Perfect Guarding. Normal Guarding is, well, normal. Holding back on the control stick/d-pad/arcade joystick allows one to block attacks, however they will take chip damage and they take about half a second or a second to recover. However, if one holds back at the PRECISE (as in, near pixel-perfect) time, they will perform a Perfect Guard, which negates all chip damage and allows for INSTANT recovery, allowing one to easily counterattack.

Taunting: The characters perform a taunt. However, these aren't just for mocking opponents. Some taunts actually serve a use. For example, Miki's taunt (the "Kiss my Ass" pose) gives her improved defense for the remainder of the round, Azusa's taunt (she kneels down with her hands clasped) slowly recovers HP, and Umi's taunt (a cocky "Come on" pose) allows her to take away some of her opponent's Super Meter and have it go towards her Guts Meter. Unfortunately, taunting will make you lose Appeal.

Those are some of the game's major mechanics.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 05:30:16 am »
Introducing.......

The Gold Hearted Stupid Ribbon~HARUKA AMAMI!!!

Haruka: Hey everybody! Haruka Amami here telling you to-WH-WH-WHOOOOOOOOOOA!!!!!! *THUMP!* Agggggghhh...... Fell on my rear again.... Anyway, I hope you all watch me at the Dragon's Destiny Tournament! I hope to give it my all and hope to win this thing for all of you! Thank you all so much for my love and support! Hope to see you there!

?: Pathetic. SIMPLY PATHETIC! Now you shall all surrender and bow your heads to ME, bitches! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:36:29 am by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 05:43:44 am »
Yes, the introduction post for Haruka and Haruka Soul confirms that I am back. This is how the introductions are gonna go for every character. Neat, huh? Anyway, time to talk about some game modes. Primarily, Challenge Mode.

TIME ATTACK: Go through a randomly set path of eight different opponents and see how fast you can defeat all of them. Post your best times to Xbox Live, Playstaion Network, or Miiverse.

SURVIVAL: Battle an infinite number of opponents with very little health regeneration. See how far you can go and post your best KO count online.

SCORE ATTACK: Eight opponents will challenge you as you do your best to get the best score. WARNING: This mode is REALLY hard and NOT for the feint of heart.

COMBO TRIALS: Go through fifteen different trials for each character as you attempt to perform each combo that is displayed on-screen.

MISSION MODE: A random set of 10 missions per character that can be completed to earn more icons and titles for your profile card.

IDOL SMASH!: A beat-em-up style minigame similar to the Tekken Force Mode from Tekken 3 and 4. Go through four stages and beat up swarms of enemies as you progress and collect various upgrades and items that may help you along the way. Play for the best time and score!

That's all the Challenge Mode features available. It's great to be back! :3!
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 05:20:27 pm »
Haven't been posting here, but I have been keeping up, and...

HNNG.
YOU GUYS
STOP MAKING THESE AMAZING FIDEO GAMES I WANT TO PLAY
LIKE SERIOUSLY
INVENT THIS FOR REAL
PLEASE.
;-;

I just love the idea of my babies in a fighting game. The "Soul" counterparts idea is genius, so props to you and your inspiration.

Also Haruka.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:26 pm »
I had the idea in my head since sophomore year. Hey, if Nintendo and Persona can have fighters, why not iDOLM@STER? There are enough characters in the main and extended casts to justify one.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 05:32:10 pm »
Namco and you have to make this happen.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

liza94

• Producer
  • Fan of Chihaya (Asami Imai & Kaori Shimizu)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 05:28:46 pm »
There is a doujin im@s fighting, but what MetalPredat0r does is much better! It would be a great game!