Username: Password:

Author Topic: Vocaloid discussion!  (Read 11716 times)

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
Vocaloid discussion!
« on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »
Project-imas has been lacking this thread for years. Not anymore! ^-^

Anyway, I'll start off with some news. Did you know that Miku is coming back to the US in October? Los Angeles and New York City, to be specific. Tickets are still available for her concerts in both cities. More info here:

http://mikuexpo.com

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: Vocaloid discussion!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 05:26:46 pm »
I've been waiting to have an opportunity to say this.

Yowane Haku is best Vocaloid!

Anyway, I could go, since I have free flights for anywhere in the United States, but school..... Senior year, but still. 3:!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:29:26 pm by MetalPredat0r »
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:43:15 am »
Ooh! OOH~! THIS IS A THING NOW! YES!!

OK. Let's get started on Grace's Vocaloid Rants, Part 1!

Vocaloid has some of the catchiest songs I have ever heard in all my life. Unfortunately, most of my favorites are really naughty (Ee? Ah, Sou; Pomp And Circumstance/If you do do; Romeo and Cinderella; Uraomote Lovers, to name a few) or really creepy (Alice Human Sacrifice; Rotten Girl, Grotesque Romance; Dark Woods Circus; Scissorsroid; the whole Seven Sins series). A shame, but I still love listening to and singing them.

My favorite Vocaloids are Luka and IA, and the utaites at the top of my list are Glutamine (<3 <3 X3~), Usa, vipTenchou, 96Neko, and at least 20 others I can't think of off the top of my head. Dang, we oughta make a whole new board for utaite discussions, but since they sing Vocaloid songs they do kinda tie in here.

But a Miku concert? If I had money and time I'd go.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 02:47:44 am »
Didn't think they even had an official convention specially related to Vocaloid at all, let alone in two major cities. Interesting.

I've hardly listened to these songs, but the character designs are lively through and through. As an aside to old favourites, I'm quite partial to CUL.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 03:44:05 am »
If I had to choose a favorite Vocaloid song, it'd be Mytime. My other current favorites include Melt, Timemachine, Hatsune Miku No Gekisyou, ARiA, kokoro, Last Night Good Night, Tell Your World, Akahitoha, Hajimeteno Koi Ga Owarutoki, Yellow, RIVAL, Yukibare and Delicious.

It's not easy to narrow them down to a short list but those are the ones that, at the moment, struck me as most awesome. Also, the above songs were chosen only from songs that I own. Vocaloid songs take such a long time to be released in the US. I've been checking Double Lariat every week, and it's been listed as "soon..." for a very long time.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 05:25:40 pm »
As an aside to old favourites, I'm quite partial to CUL.

CUL :D
I really like CUL too because Eri Kitamura is fabulous. In my opinion, she's one of the most realistic-sounding of the Vocaloids.
Did you know her name in...French, I think...means "*ss"?

If I had to choose a favorite Vocaloid song, it'd be Mytime. My other current favorites include Melt, Timemachine, Hatsune Miku No Gekisyou, ARiA, kokoro, Last Night Good Night, Tell Your World, Akahitoha, Hajimeteno Koi Ga Owarutoki, Yellow, RIVAL, Yukibare and Delicious.

Aside from the ones I already mentioned, I adore Leia, Meltdown, muddy cloud, A Tale of Six Trillion Years and One Night (that song is SO MUCH FUN to sing, you have no idea) and Lynne. I haven't heard Mytime. Which Vocaloid is that one by?

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 05:29:22 pm »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:54:22 pm by altuixde »

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 05:33:01 pm »
Ooh, that is really catchy. :D

On a side note, is anyone else as addicted to the Night *infinity sign here* Series as I am?
I've repeated the whole collection (eleven minutes) about 179 times.
Not counting the first few times I listened to it without knowing it could be repeated.
I just can't get enough of it.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2014, 06:36:55 pm »
A Tale of Six Trillion Years and One Night oh god I feel my voice barely functioning already... (It's a nice song, just... agh pitch)

I typically like a song over its singer, but I think my favorite female Vocaloids are Luka, Iroha, Lily and CUL. (I haven't followed the Vocaloid scene TOO much lately, though I do keep up on it somewhat.) I prefer lower or midrange pitches for females in general. For male Vocaloids, I'd have to say Gakupo and Kiyoteru.

I'd have to say my alltime favorite Vocaloid song is 1/6; despite its age, I can relate to many of the themes in it even now, and it's a balanced romantic song - not overly saccharine, depressing or risque. Some other ones I also really like include WAVE, Leia, SPiCa, Sweet Devil, Killer Lady and Deep-Sea Girl... at least, where the Japanese-based producers are concerned. (though niki's use of Lily in general is just awesome)
I'm also partial to some of the works that've been done by English producers, such as Apol's Waiting For You, and CircusP's Lie (as well as its answer).

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 11:35:52 pm »
Miku and IA tend to get more art on Pixiv than Luka does, which makes me sad.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2014, 11:52:35 pm »

These are Luka images from my slideshow app. I wish more Luka art existed too.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 04:29:38 am »
Then an imageboard like Danbooru looks to be your best friend, altuixde. :3

CUL :D
I really like CUL too because Eri Kitamura is fabulous. In my opinion, she's one of the most realistic-sounding of the Vocaloids.
Did you know her name in...French, I think...means "*ss"?

I'm aware of this. xD Still, it's yet another of those quirky Vocaloid things~. Her mature voice is very appealing, as well. I'm also probably a sucker for red heads.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

altuixde

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 04:38:12 am »
I found all the above Luka images on Safebooru (and I believe that they're all originally from Pixiv). :) But maybe I should check out Danbooru and Gelbooru too because people say that they have better art, and it's possible to filter out adult content if you sign up for an account.

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 02:00:41 pm »
I'm aware of this. xD Still, it's yet another of those quirky Vocaloid things~. Her mature voice is very appealing, as well. I'm also probably a sucker for red heads.

Yup. xD CUL has a very unique sound unlike anything I've ever heard in Vocaloid (actually, Eri Kitamura's just unique in general). It's really nice.

A Tale of Six Trillion Years and One Night oh god I feel my voice barely functioning already... (It's a nice song, just... agh pitch)

I prefer lower or midrange pitches for females in general. For male Vocaloids, I'd have to say Gakupo and Kiyoteru.

Once I get Audacity functioning and a good microphone I'm totally gonna cover it.
That chorus
is so much fun
like seriously
If pitch is the problem... at least it's not this song.

I'm with you there. I gush over altos and tenors. <3 A girl with a high voice or a boy with a low voice just isn't as impressive as a man with a high voice or a girl with a low voice, to me at least.
As far as male Vocaloids, I have yet to find one I DON'T like, actually. :P

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

Daverost

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2014, 01:28:29 pm »
VY1 best voicebank
Gumi best Vocaloid
Rin best Crypton

Re:CUL - CUL needs more love ; ;