Username: Password:

Author Topic: SUPER SMAAAAAASH BROTHEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!  (Read 64350 times)

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
Re: SUPER SMAAAAAASH BROTHEEEEEEEEEERS!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »
On the other hand, Corocoro is going to reveal the starting roster and stages in the next issue. Don't expect anything major there. http://corocoro.tv/next/

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2014, 05:01:20 am »
I'm unhappy about Lucina and Robin,actually

Because Unless your pretending that "whatever color they picked is locked on your character too", Lucina looks too Similar to Marth,and the two robins look almost the same. It's possible two people can pick nigh-identical colors to make it hard to figure out who your fighting. I have a similar problem to this in the Naruto CON games

Plus I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem.

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2014, 07:33:02 am »
Main Menu theme for the 3DS Version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9XePWNmswo

............ I'm gonna be honest. I actually prefer this over Brawl's theme.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2014, 07:40:22 am »
Dat hitbox. (It's Bowser's whole body) :P

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2014, 02:37:20 pm »
I'm unhappy about Lucina and Robin,actually

Because Unless your pretending that "whatever color they picked is locked on your character too", Lucina looks too Similar to Marth,and the two robins look almost the same. It's possible two people can pick nigh-identical colors to make it hard to figure out who your fighting. I have a similar problem to this in the Naruto CON games

Plus I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem.
I'll admit I've a bias for at least Robin (we needed more not-primarily-swordusers - I know Robin does have one but I think the idea stands), but I don't think I've seen color palette swaps for any characters posted anywhere, so it's highly possible that Lucina's and Marth's alt-colors will look notably different for that reason. It's been said before in the thread, but in her game, the fact she looks very similar to Marth is the point - and probably exactly WHY she was brought in as a Marth-clone.
As for Robin, you could change his/her appearance in Awakening proper to an extent, including hair style, color and build (which makes sense, it's the PC, and thus why Robin has two genders) so maybe there'll be a variance in their palette swaps due to that, a la Pikachu/Pichu/Jigglypuff? (Although I haven't seen that occur with the other FE chars, so who knows. I'm sure we're not gonna see different builds, though, unless one really really enjoys messing with hitboxes.)
If all else fails, I'm sure tournaments can require players in Lucina/Marth matches to use different palettes.

I honestly feel a little bleh about Mega Man and Pac-Man myself. While I'm not a fan, though, I can definitely see why the two would have a high player demand. It appears many of the choices for any given Smash Bros. game are pretty much based on player demand at large (Snake notwithstanding - I'm gonna be honest, I doubt he'd have been in Brawl if not for his series' creator's request).

Heattokun

• huuuuuur.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »
Im just saying my whole FE-Characters-Look-Too-Similar complaint reminds me of the old days of Naruto import games. If you were new and someone was playing Kakashi,Player 2 was Iruka,Player 3 was Loser-guy-from-Episode-1,and player 4 was...George Lopez(I don't know why,but my other friends called him that. He's the guy with the pointy hair and the cigarette and brass-knuckle-like-blades), then you'd have a bad time since you'd only see headswaps with green vests and blue pants everywhere. You'd lose track of whats going on easilly, not knowing if your getting punched in the face or your doing the punching.

KAWAII SENTAI LOLIRANGER.

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2014, 05:42:48 pm »
To be honest, the only newcomer I'm excited about is Greninja. Though that's probably because I like Pokemon more than the rest.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
I've NEVER had the problem of not being able to keep track of myself with headswaps in any game I've played. I usually just look for certain details in a character to tell them apart. In Lucina's case, I'd look at the hair and the color scheme. Longer hair and a darker blue color scheme, that's Lucina. Short hair and a lighter blue color scheme, that's Marth. Same with the Robins. Different hairstyles are enough for me to tell them apart. But that's just me. Maybe I've just been playing so many fighting games that I suddenly grew the ability to tell ANY character apart, no matter HOW similar they look. :P
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Idol_Hearts

• looking back at my old posts - oh god why
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2014, 07:46:39 am »
Villager and Greninja is the two that I'm looking forward to the most, probably since I'm a big animal crossing and pokemon fan.

Telling Marth apart from Lucina and male Robin apart from female Robin is going to be difficult unless we learn to look for subtle color scheme differences or different hair lengths like MetalPredat0r said. Maybe there will also be differences in their movements, but that's unlikely.

It also seems as if most of the current characters that were released in the demo are quite equal in strength, according to this article.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:55:41 am by Idol_Hearts »

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2014, 08:45:46 am »
Telling Marth apart from Lucina and male Robin apart from female Robin is going to be difficult unless we learn to look for subtle color scheme differences or different hair lengths like MetalPredat0r said. Maybe there will also be differences in their movements, but that's unlikely.

I just remembered that Lucina, for a taunt, can actually put on the mask she wore in the beginning of Awakening, so there's that to help us tell her and Marth apart more easily.

It also seems as if most of the current characters that were released in the demo are quite equal in strength, according to this article.

Good! At least they're finally taking character balance into consideration so that we WON'T have another Meta Knight.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 12:23:59 pm »
Brace yourselves, my friends. Mr. Banned from Tournaments has returned for Round 2.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/13/meta-knight-returns-super-smash-bros/
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2014, 02:10:58 pm »
The omen is real and the end is nigh~.

D:
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2014, 03:59:47 pm »
Brace yourselves, my friends. Mr. Banned from Tournaments has returned for Round 2.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/13/meta-knight-returns-super-smash-bros/

It's about time for MK to return to Smash since Sakurai is the creator of Kirby and it'll be odd for him to left MK out of Smash. The only reason why MK is broken is because for some reason his attacks have insane priority and combine that with his good mobility makes MK top tier.

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2014, 12:00:09 am »
Yay, Meta Knight's back! Let's just hope he's fixed up so he doesn't get banned this time around. (crosses fingers)

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2014, 12:27:47 am »
Yay, Meta Knight's back! Let's just hope he's fixed up so he doesn't get banned this time around. (crosses fingers)

>fixed
>banned

Everything that's wrong with the fighting game community. Just for the record, I'm not bashing you, ZetaFlare, just bringing up what you have mentioned.
I would hope that people who play Smash bros could take themselves a little less seriously...come on guys, it's a game where Sonic can fight Pacman.

That being said, I'm looking forward to casually enjoying this game. Every character announcement has filled me with the same joy as Brawl!