Username: Password:

Author Topic: One For All: Gameplay thread  (Read 32673 times)

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
Re: One For All: Gameplay thread
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2014, 11:33:36 pm »
I was wondering do we have confirmation that repeated uses gets a song to gold or is it still up in the air?

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 12:36:35 am »
I was wondering do we have confirmation that repeated uses gets a song to gold or is it still up in the air?
In my experiences, I managed three songs to gold. Ippai Ippai and Destiny I DID use a lot, Kosmos, Cosmos though... I'm not quite sure. They stat at other statuses (I know Ippai Ippai was at Break, think the same of Destiny) right before going Gold.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 07:09:32 pm »
1.What do the amulets (black, silver, and gold mikes) do? Are they for exp points?

2. I'm stuck at Y2 winter.  The season goal is 4 of something.  But, I've tried everything from skills to rank up festivals and still nothing. And I don't see a letter in the description so it can't be like a rank D or B job.  What could it be?  I'm already at week 6 and afraid to move on.

3. By the way I managed to get to A3 rank.  No, it wasn't easy. Every rank up battle was a fight for my life.  Then again, I didn't use Tonari Ni song. Would using that song made things easier?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 08:19:37 pm by mariokirby »

BadBoy25

• Apprentice
  • 765 Production Ltd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2014, 08:31:59 pm »
1.What do the amulets (black, silver, and gold mikes) do? Are they for exp points?

2. I'm stuck at Y2 winter.  The season goal is 4 of something.  But, I've tried everything from skills to rank up festivals and still nothing. And I don't see a letter in the description so it can't be like a rank D or B job.  What could it be?  I'm already at week 6 and afraid to move on.

3. By the way I managed to get to A3 rank.  No, it wasn't easy. Every rank up battle was a fight for my life.  Then again, I didn't use Tonari Ni song. Would using that song made things easier?
1. Dunno.
2. Live or auditions. Check the text before the number 4 and compare it with the description of a live or an audition. Otherwise make a picture and post it here.
3. Tonari ni and Jibun Rest@rt are the best songs if your main stat is visual, but if your best stat is vocal or dance there are better songs.

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2014, 09:02:32 pm »
One-time EXP bonuses, they do stack with the main EXP amulet. I would assume that the mics are smaller boost/midrange boost/larger boost, in order. The envelope/teddy bear are the same for fans (though I haven't seen a third version of those).

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2014, 09:22:43 pm »
2. Live or auditions. Check the text before the number 4 and compare it with the description of a live or an audition. Otherwise make a picture and post it here.

I think you maybe right in that it's audition since I just google translate "audition" and the kanji appears to be the same.  I'm so stupid.

3. Tonari ni and Jibun Rest@rt are the best songs if your main stat is visual, but if your best stat is vocal or dance there are better songs.

When you say how each song is best depending on your main stat, are you going by how much it increases your main stat?  Is there a bonus for using an idol's image song?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:27:15 pm by mariokirby »

BadBoy25

• Apprentice
  • 765 Production Ltd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2014, 10:53:35 pm »
I think you maybe right in that it's audition since I just google translate "audition" and the kanji appears to be the same.  I'm so stupid.

When you say how each song is best depending on your main stat, are you going by how much it increases your main stat?  Is there a bonus for using an idol's image song?
Yes, it's better to use songs that match yuor main stat (and eventually your second best stat). Regarding image songs I don't know if there's any bonus in OFA.

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:40 am »
Yes, it's better to use songs that match yuor main stat (and eventually your second best stat). Regarding image songs I don't know if there's any bonus in OFA.

I just suspect that the AI was messed up with when they implemented it for these songs - when using Torani ni...  the AI doesn't react to the speed of the song thinking it's slower than it actually is (Unlike say My One Note, where they do react to its speed by appealing sooner, and more often) so basically the AI is easier in Festivals due to it.

Of course, you can only use it once, and rank up festivals are a best of 3, and it is the fastest song to juggle so...

Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't patched it, because it feels like an oversight on their part.

From memory, the bonuses a song gives are I think +10 stat per star, just like everything else. It's not the end of the world if you pick a song without synergy with your current coordinate setup, but like everything else, it does help.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2014, 02:54:42 am »
Appreciate everyone's help.  Wouldn't have gone far without you people.

1.  Got to Rank A1 with my leader. (the other two are in B3).  I can destroy any A1 festival battles since I've got 10 memory, triple memory appeal skill, and learned all unique skills with my leader.  I managed to beat Leon's battle.  However, the IE totally crushed me completely.

No matter what skills I learned, it's still the same result.  IE rival can score really high, has burst counter, and has Touma's burst which will totally wipe out your voltage (so no point in trying to burst counter).  Only song I can win against is with Tonari Ni.

Is there any advice?  Otherwise, I'll just do some level/rank grinding and learn more skills since I still need to unlock 4 other season songs.

2. What does the song status indicate? (example Fresh = 1.5 or Keep = 1.3, etc).

3. Is there a maximum amount of memory for each idol or total as a group?

FYI- I'm helping my brother with this game.  He might post some questions here if I don't know the answer.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:12:58 am by mariokirby »

Setsuna

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:45 am »
There's actually 2 battles with Leon - one's the A3, and one is post IE. The post IE needs to be beaten at least once to unlock Acceleration. It's also the hardest single event in the game to my knowledge, but it's also a one round all in, making it arguably easier than an IE.

The first note about the IE is that you ideally want to move at least 5 idols to higher ranks first (Since you can make an A1, you can always just yank up other idols to A3 or higher). The sheer number of SP you get for ranking up should even the odds, and you want to bring in two fresh idols after winning the intermission. As priority, you want to make sure your non leads has all the passive boost skills (namely, increased voltage per note, and better appeal voltage/counter voltage) as all the skills stack on the unit.

If you're having trouble, bring your best team and your best song first, and try to force appeals out of the opponent. They regenerate somewhat, but it is possible to force them to deplete somewhat.

If you're desperate, and you think you can pull it off, lose the first round, then go for a best of three, and have your best two backups with full appeals available and force the last round to be one where you should have the appeal advantage. (And win round 2)

From my knowledge the highest memory total an individual idol can have is 5, but I've never taken anyone past 4.

I've managed appeal totals of 16+ (Quintet) although I imagine 15 is the cap for a trio.

Second note is that if you're still 4 idols out from complete, you may not have access to the tier 3 lessons. You'd ideally want all of those stacked on your group prior to IE if you're having trouble.

Last but not least is that you can always level up. Each level will add primary stats (DA, VI, VO) to an idol, and they never hurt.

The multipliers affect the fan and the money gain from using a song. I don't think it affects your score though.

Appreciate everyone's help.  Wouldn't have gone far without you people.

1.  Got to Rank A1 with my leader. (the other two are in B3).  I can destroy any A1 festival battles since I've got 10 memory, triple memory appeal skill, and learned all unique skills with my leader.  I managed to beat Leon's battle.  However, the IE totally crushed me completely.

No matter what skills I learned, it's still the same result.  IE rival can score really high, has burst counter, and has Touma's burst which will totally wipe out your voltage (so no point in trying to burst counter).  Only song I can win against is with Tonari Ni.

Is there any advice?  Otherwise, I'll just do some level/rank grinding and learn more skills since I still need to unlock 4 other season songs.

2. What does the song status indicate? (example Fresh = 1.5 or Keep = 1.3, etc).

3. Is there a maximum amount of memory for each idol or total as a group?

FYI- I'm helping my brother with this game.  He might post some questions here if I don't know the answer.
Games are streamed at www.hitbox.tv/Aliciana/
No focus, any platform, suggestions welcome

Currently accepting Platinum Stars requests: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2575.0

http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php?topic=2415 - My technical notes on good quality recording.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2014, 09:15:39 am »
Question about the Song Status: Fresh is x1.5, Keep is x1.3 and so on. But x1.5 of what? The Stats bonus a song gives?

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2014, 05:56:56 pm »
Question about the Song Status: Fresh is x1.5, Keep is x1.3 and so on. But x1.5 of what? The Stats bonus a song gives?

I just asked that question and here is what I was told in the previous post.

The multipliers affect the fan and the money gain from using a song. I don't think it affects your score though.

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2014, 06:05:29 pm »
I just asked that question and here is what I was told in the previous post.

argh, now i feel stupid... i was in a hurry when i read the 2 posts above, seems i missed the most important part. sorry for the spamming guys.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 01:12:12 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere here that having an A1 (level 35) idol will get you enough SP to learn everything on the skill board.

But, my A1 (level 23) leader currently has 34 SP, so by maxing her level at 35 (1 SP per level) she will have 46 SP.  However, I need about 112 SP to learn everything else from the skill board.

Am I understanding this wrong?

zeda12123

• Dan!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 01:26:37 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere here that having an A1 (level 35) idol will get you enough SP to learn everything on the skill board.

But, my A1 (level 23) leader currently has 34 SP, so by maxing her level at 35 (1 SP per level) she will have 46 SP.  However, I need about 112 SP to learn everything else from the skill board.

Am I understanding this wrong?
they get bundles of SP from ranking up as well, so you get more SP outside of simply leveling up. I don't know the exact numbers or anything.