Username: Password:

Author Topic: Osu!  (Read 3197 times)

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
Osu!
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:36:45 am »
I can't do it anymore. I must talk about Osu! with people!

And so, this is born. Osu! can be downloaded here. It's a blast to play.

Basically, Osu! is a free-to-play download rhythm game available for laptops and desktop computers, and possibly for tablets as well but I'm not sure. It comes in four modes: Osu!, where you use your mouse or finger pad to click little colorful circles to the beat of the music; Osu!mania, where you tap the keys of your keyboard to the beat of the music (I'm a freakin' BAWSS at this mode >=D); taiko, where you tap keys of your keyboard or click left/right button in accordance to a blue or red circle to the beat of the music; and Catch the Beat!, a relatively easy (at least to me) mode where you use your arrow keys to guide a little person with a basket around to catch fruits that fall to the beat of the music.

Everybody likes something different, but there's something for everyone! I personally adore Osu!mania, am decent at Osu!, and cannot play taiko for the LIFE OF ME.

So, does anyone else here play it? What mode do you use most often? What kinds of beatmaps (basically songs/levels, to those unfamiliar with Osu!lingo) do you tend to go after? Do you usually stick to the easier difficulties or do you like to branch out?

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: Osu!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:44:04 pm »
Sounds fun, but the page isn't found. D:
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

vaeldi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:04:45 am »
i've played Osu! before, and i plan to play it again.
it's a very good game and it's beatmap list is ever expanding, pretty sure you won't get bored with the game as new song came out frequently. but the best part of the game, is it is free!
i prefer the usual Osu! gameplay, as i'm not good at other mode, for i never understand how to play taiko, and for Osu! Mania, i haven't give it a try, but i think i can play this mode (this mode plays like 02 Jam, Right?)
anyway, do you play online? i never play online before as i don't have any friend who play Osu!

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:57:55 am »
Osu! Mania, i haven't give it a try, but i think i can play this mode (this mode plays like 02 Jam, Right?)

Yes, I think both games are based off beatmania, hence the name. ^_^;

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 05:49:05 pm »
Sounds fun, but the page isn't found. D:

It's not? D: I swear I got the address right... it should be osu.ppy.sh. Right? Osu! fans, help me out here.
Huh. Maybe when Iget on a computer where OSU ISN'T BLOCKED, I'll fix it. Until then...I honestly have no idea why it isn't working, but you can find it just by Googling "Osu!". :D

i've played Osu! before, and i plan to play it again.
it's a very good game and it's beatmap list is ever expanding, pretty sure you won't get bored with the game as new song came out frequently. but the best part of the game, is it is free!
i prefer the usual Osu! gameplay, as i'm not good at other mode, for i never understand how to play taiko, and for Osu! Mania, i haven't give it a try, but i think i can play this mode (this mode plays like 02 Jam, Right?)
anyway, do you play online? i never play online before as i don't have any friend who play Osu!

I've found some of my favorite songs just by uploading a random beatmap on Osu! and falling in love with it. <3
Oh yes, the fact that it's free makes it 20% cooler. As fun as it is, I don't know if it'd be worth a fee...
I've never played 02 Jam, but Osu!mania plays almost like Dance Dance Revolution with your fingers. XD
Now that I have a mouse again, I've gotten pretty good at regular Osu!, but I agree with you on taiko...I just can't figure it out! D:

I used to play online constantly, but I haven't lately because I can't update my Osu! BECAUSE IT'S FREAKING BLOCKED and so it won't let me get online. D: As soon as I can get my mom to unblock it for me and update my game, I'll be back online under the username GraceGrrl. :D

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!

vaeldi

• Greenhorn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:32:26 pm »
cool, we should play together sometime my username is AbangBakso

but, there's not many im@s song in Osu! beatmap repertoire, most of them are unranked, the ranked ones are the world is all one, change, and ready

there might be more, i just haven't found them

Amazing_Grace

• Producer
  • I am the Overlord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:42:44 pm »
cool, we should play together sometime my username is AbangBakso

but, there's not many im@s song in Osu! beatmap repertoire, most of them are unranked, the ranked ones are the world is all one, change, and ready

there might be more, i just haven't found them

We should, once I get Osu! unblocked and update my game so I can play online. XD

I've found a good number of iM@S songs, including The iDOLM@STER, a remix of Relations, Agent Yoru wo Yuku, and Merry. They're unranked, but they're all in-time and you can actually play them without being like "HOW THE HECK DO I EVEN--IM ON-TIME, WHAT IS THIS THING DOING?!"

I hate maps that are off-time.

ONWARDS, AOSHIMA!!!