Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 191498 times)

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #600 on: August 29, 2015, 02:37:27 am »
Wow, that episode was really good. I like how it brought up a lot of issues the original IDOLM@STER anime didn't touch on, like company management conflict and disbanding music groups.

Mio announced she is a solo artist now. I could forgive her for the weird drama from season one when she was still new and didn't know any better. However, this seems like a really impulsive and rude move. I get she's upset - but what's going to happen to Uzuki after this? Did she announce this without taking her feelings into account at all?

Probably what's going to happen is Uzuki's loss of motivation and a streak of lackluster results. This will probably put her under the scrutiny of Director Mishiro. She'll probably be called in for a conference about her future - if it gets really bad, maybe a termination from the company will be impending. I think this would be a direct contrast to Uzuki at the start of the series.

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 29, 2015, 03:45:05 am »
Fumika appearance. 'Nuff said
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 29, 2015, 04:12:38 am »
However, this seems like a really impulsive and rude move. I get she's upset - but what's going to happen to Uzuki after this? Did she announce this without taking her feelings into account at all?

Isn't this what Rin did for Triad Primus? Even though she confronted New Gen, she decided to do it without really considering the entire implications of these actions and visibly upset her unit mates.

Either way, being Uzuki is suffering. She's going to end up in a worse situation than Ai was in at this rate.
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 29, 2015, 04:34:15 am »
Honestly I think Rin is more at fault here...

She pretty much told the others she wasn't getting what she wanted despite all they had been through, and dumped it on them out of nowhere... Mio had nothing to lose because NG was already in shambles, but Rin basically split the entire unit for her own (admittedly selfish) reasons. Mio did mess up but dang, Rin, that wasn't called for.

But Rin is my least fave of the trio so I'm biased.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 29, 2015, 05:42:34 am »
Finally, things are set into motion for the (former)members of NG.  That whole falling-out bit was handled pretty well imo.  So Rin deciding to join the Triad Primes for the feels, breaking apart the group, causing a distraught Mio to also act on her own and fly solo, leaving behind poor Uzuki in the dust all alone.(see the s#!tstorm you caused, Rin?! All this girl ever wanted was to live everyday, doing her best with a smile! *wipes tear* h-how could you be so selfish?! shame on you!!!!! nah jk i still love you, Rin XD)Well, all that's left is to see how Uzuki reacts to all this.  Really excited to see how this plays out. (stay strong girl! for my sake as well) 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:44:35 am by Nayre »

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #605 on: August 29, 2015, 08:12:23 am »
I don't believe it's any of the idols fault. They can't help being being ambitious in their line of work. If anyone's to blame it's Mishiro's. She's even turned you against each other!  :P

We should all know how it's going to end. There'll be a few twists and turns in store, but nothing surprising as far as the outcome. I hope...

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 29, 2015, 12:42:27 pm »
Well, you can't make an omelet without breaking a few units and potentially some friendships. In the case of Anya, I think she handled it well. (What of Minami now, then?)

But the case of New Gen, well... THE WRECKING DRAMA TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES RIGHT NOW. Rin went ahead without some consultations from her unit. Thus, Mio just went in and added fuel to the engine. What of Uzuki now, then? I mean, what the fuck? She's average and she knows that much is true, so I'm pretty sure this would be a source of angst for her: Without the other two, who the fuck is she?

I honestly feel like Miss Mishiro's restructuring is being too hard to the company, but I think it is justified in this case when it comes to the company.

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 29, 2015, 01:02:18 pm »
I think that depsite Anastasia joined Project Krone, she is still part of Love Laika with Minami. She only has to find balance between both projects. Mishiro told Rin and Anya that despite joining Krone, they can still be part of their units

I think that the biggest breakdown for Uzuki will be because of Mishiro (she'll probably fire Uzuki or humilliate her somehow, telling her she is not idol material). I'm angry at Mio for ditching~and backstabbing Uzuki like that, Mio is a total b@# and a cry baby (she could have talked with Uzuki about forming a duo unit or something like that)

A shame that there wasn't no cute idol cameo this week, but I liked how Fumika appeared in this episode

Chance4U

• All for one, and two for tea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 29, 2015, 03:27:52 pm »
Honestly though, A-1 is actually handling this "inner company drama" pretty well. Things like this happen every now and then in groups like AKB48 or P.IDL, and the way that they're focusing on it works nicely. It reminds me a lot of how Perfume had this situation on a smaller scale when they debuted. This drama is honestly a nice break from the "scandal" craziness that almost always makes an appearance. Seriously, how many times has a 765 idol nearly had their career damaged by a scandal? This trend started way back in relations, and Miki/Chihaya have kept it running since.

It makes me wonder how the Winter Ball will work though.. Currently we have the 20 CP idols, plus a few that were added in like Natsuki and Ayame. Will the Project Krone members be added into their performance? What about idols like Mizuki, Aiko, Kaoru, Ryo, or Yuka Yuka who haven't interacted very often with the main cast?

We still have yet to see some of the idols who have made cameos in the anime yet, like in Episode 6's photoshoot idols or Asuka and Kyoko's posters.. Will the idols who "debuted" in Starlight Stage get to appear as well?
"An idol's job is to carry everybody's dreams. They're supposed to use song and dance to make people happy. When the famous idols I know appear on TV or do concerts... That alone makes the audiences watching them smile. THAT'S WHY I WANT TO BE AN IDOL TOO..."
   - Ai Hidaka, THE IDOLM@STER DEARLY STARS Splash Red

Nerroth

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 29, 2015, 11:38:01 pm »
I was surprised to hear them pronounce Primus as "Puriimasu" instead of "Puraimasu" in the show. Has it always been pronounced that way in  this franchise?

(Speaking of Primus, I can't imagine that He would appreciate the irony of His name being shared with a group whose creation is aimed at sowing discord...)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:42:47 pm by Nerroth »

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 30, 2015, 06:12:59 pm »
I was surprised to hear them pronounce Primus as "Puriimasu" instead of "Puraimasu" in the show. Has it always been pronounced that way in  this franchise?

It's been pronounced that way since the unit was introduced.
I think they chose the word just to mean 'foremost' or 'best' or 'premier'  from its Latin meaning, and I'm sure any irony associated with the name is lost on the Japanese.

mariokirby

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 30, 2015, 07:11:47 pm »
I do admit, the series is not bad.  I actually enjoy it a little more than the 2011 series mostly because the CG producer is much cooler than the 2011 producer (he kind of ruined the anime for me in my opinion).

The CG producer doesn't talk very much.  But, you know what they say.  Actions speak louder than words.

Nerroth

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 30, 2015, 08:58:08 pm »
It's been pronounced that way since the unit was introduced.
I think they chose the word just to mean 'foremost' or 'best' or 'premier'  from its Latin meaning, and I'm sure any irony associated with the name is lost on the Japanese.

The Japanese dubs or productions I was thinking of referred to "Primus" as プライマス (Puraimasu) - I wasn't aware that there different transliterations of the Latin word in katakana.

And of course, since that Primus belongs to a rival company's IP, I doubt that Bandai Namco would have deliberately chosen to use the name with that reference in mind. I was thinking more of how things have gone in the show, with Triad Primus being used to upset the Cinderella Project's apple cart...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 09:01:04 pm by Nerroth »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3