Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 188982 times)

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #540 on: August 03, 2015, 04:41:39 pm »
i'd like to see some characters which were hardly touched at all to get some focus, Kanako (if the name is correct) comes to mind.

Agreed. Candy Island especially is possibly the most glaring example of lack of focus. Most of the time, I forgot Chieri and Kanako are even in Cinderella Project.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 03, 2015, 08:11:56 pm »
Agreed. Candy Island especially is possibly the most glaring example of lack of focus. Most of the time, I forgot Chieri and Kanako are even in Cinderella Project.

Yeah. But it makes me beg the question: Do they lack character depth because they haven't been explored yet, or their characters aren't being explored because they have no depth to explore whatsoever?

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 03, 2015, 08:20:19 pm »
Yeah. But it makes me beg the question: Do they lack character depth because they haven't been explored yet, or their characters aren't being explored because they have no depth to explore whatsoever?

I can't speak for Kanako and Anzu, but Chieri is definitely the former.

In the actual game (and her anime bio), Chieri is afraid of being alone. Her parents are always working and thus she is lonely a lot of the time. That's the significance of the four-leaf clover; it's a reminder of her parents during one moment where she was at her happiest with them. It's also why she's heavily dependent on the Producer, since he is usually with her and she never wants him to leave her alone. The issue here is that the anime doesn't expand upon that.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 03, 2015, 09:52:01 pm »
I can't speak for Kanako and Anzu, but Chieri is definitely the former.

In the actual game (and her anime bio), Chieri is afraid of being alone. Her parents are always working and thus she is lonely a lot of the time. That's the significance of the four-leaf clover; it's a reminder of her parents during one moment where she was at her happiest with them. It's also why she's heavily dependent on the Producer, since he is usually with her and she never wants him to leave her alone. The issue here is that the anime doesn't expand upon that.

Yeah, I mean, by what I see right now, poor Chieri is being 346's version of Yukiho in the way she's being presented. I mean, if Chieri's like that, why does she exist in the first place? Why not have Yukiho instead and leave it at that?

I mean, surely, there must be something more of Chieri, right? I desperately hope so. Same thing with Kanako. She must be more than just a source of fat jokes or something. And Anzu's got a little more character development in her, but she could be expanded upon.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 03, 2015, 10:06:35 pm »
I like the concept of Chieri's separation anxiety, though it stresses the point this girl needs anything she can get. I'm still seeing Yukiho 2.0.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Eab1990

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 03, 2015, 10:31:13 pm »
The entire point of Cute Jewelries 02 was Chieri trying to develop another image for herself, so at least she's trying to be a better idol.

There's also been a fair amount of 4komas about how she's growing into her cute bunny image, which also carried over to the drama CDs, seeing as how the clover-eating bunny joke has been mentioned a few times. Or how she's been in more variety shows lately, but has to persevere as an idol no matter how crazy it gets (which makes it all the more adorable at how overjoyed she gets when given the opportunity to try on a wedding dress).

So yeah, Chieri might be Yukiho 2.0, but she's not a flat character either. It's just really hard to fit those issues in with the rest of the group, probably. To be fair, they DID have one moment where she got to bond with Producer over her debut in the Nomake, but I haven't seen anything else since.

http://cgtranslation.blogspot.kr/2015/03/idol-mster-cinderella-girls-no-make-ep-9.html

In contrast, Miku gets a ton of development because her issues affect the rest of the group. Hard work not paying off? Character gimmicks being discouraged? Miku is a pretty good postergirl for those.

As for the rest of Candy Island, Anzu is hard to develop without completely betraying her character. Bribing her with candy to do work, or convincing her to do work now so she doesn't have to do more work later works, but putting any more motivation beyond that stretches her gimmick out too far. As for Kanako, afaik, she really doesn't have anything beyond making sweets and being a "nice girl". At best, she's only just now starting to notice her own sex appeal (read: boobs) after being too busy always thinking she's fat, so she does start to advertise herself as the sexy symbol of Candy Island, but that just says enough on its own. It's kind of sad to say that her claim to fame is sex appeal and making sweets, but that's how it looks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 10:49:06 pm by Eab1990 »

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 07, 2015, 06:05:53 pm »
Watched this week's episode and it was really good. It gave lot's of focus to DEKoration and explored their personalities a little more (better than in season 1)
And Momoka stopped being the forgotten one as she finally got a voice in this episode, although I would have liked if Koharu and Mai also get voice actresses too xddd

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 07, 2015, 06:18:57 pm »
Watched this week's episode and it was really good. It gave lot's of focus to DEKoration and explored their personalities a little more (better than in season 1)
And Momoka stopped being the forgotten one as she finally got a voice in this episode, although I would have liked if Koharu and Mai also get voice actresses too xddd

Koharu was voiced here, if I'm not mistaken. Also DAMMIT, they voiced Momka! I was wondering how much longer they would keep this up, but I guess it had to end at some point.

Back to the actual episode, it finally solidified me actually really liking the Jougasaki Sisters and Miria as well. Gave each of them some level of depth and a common relation of "sister issues" that bring them all together. Really makes the characters feel more human and it's exactly what I want to see the rest of the show go through. Actually, this might be my favorite episode this entire season due to how well they handled the characters (and given this is A-1, this is a pretty good compliment).

Alright, all we really have left to flesh out is Candy Island, since everyone else had their time to shine and they're the only unit where everyone is still going "Who are you people?"
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 07, 2015, 06:20:07 pm »
Really liked this episode too. I wasn't really too big a fan of DEKoration nor too interested in most of the Passion girls but I definitely liked the "sister" character development between Rika, Mika, and Miria
One thing I'm glad they kinda phased out was the whole gloomy grey backdrops of the previous episodes. Understandably, the plot is still in the point of "Mishiro screws over 346 effect" but there wasn't as much background undertones that presented itself previously, which is nice in that hopefully the plot's gonna take a dramatic shift soon.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 07, 2015, 06:38:42 pm »
Koharu was voiced here, if I'm not mistaken. Also DAMMIT, they voiced Momka! I was wondering how much longer they would keep this up, but I guess it had to end at some point.

Back to the actual episode, it finally solidified me actually really liking the Jougasaki Sisters and Miria as well. Gave each of them some level of depth and a common relation of "sister issues" that bring them all together. Really makes the characters feel more human and it's exactly what I want to see the rest of the show go through. Actually, this might be my favorite episode this entire season due to how well they handled the characters (and given this is A-1, this is a pretty good compliment).

Alright, all we really have left to flesh out is Candy Island, since everyone else had their time to shine and they're the only unit where everyone is still going "Who are you people?"

I think and hope that next week will be a Candy Island episode and yeah was happy for Kaoru voiced cameo too, but c'mon A1, give more love to cute idols, now there are too many passion idols with voice.

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 07, 2015, 06:40:09 pm »
Also really liked this episode, really good overall.

We see now Mishiro is essentially holding divisions and projects at ransom to get the established idols to do her projects.

Seeing Mika and Miria together was cute and also made me think of Mika's seiyuu.
Also I think this is the first time where Miria has been plot relevant since there wasn't much she did in the Dekoration episode

That show they're on... Child Smock makes its return!
Rika at the end was so damn great

Koharu was voiced here, if I'm not mistaken.

Kaoru spoke but not Koharu.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 07, 2015, 07:25:34 pm »
This episode was sooooo cute!!! I liked it a lot. Everyone's sort of pushing back against Mishiro in their own way... I feel some extra drama is on the way soon.

Also I could have sworn in her drama CD Miria had a baby brother, not a baby sister.

Next episode sounds like a Chieri episode from the title...

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 07, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »
This episode was sooooo cute!!! I liked it a lot. Everyone's sort of pushing back against Mishiro in their own way... I feel some extra drama is on the way soon.

Also I could have sworn in her drama CD Miria had a baby brother, not a baby sister.

"Yeah I also think that Mishiro will take actions against all of this...and I wonder what plans she'll have for Karen and Nao...

I also think that next week will focus on Chieri and the rest of Candy Island which will be amazing. I also hope for more cute and cool idols to appear in cameos, there are already too much passion idols...

ZetaFlare

• Producer
  • Chief of ACME Crimenet's San Diego Divison
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 07, 2015, 08:05:51 pm »
I couldn't be more satisfied with this episode! I've been waiting for a Jougasaki-centered episode for too long now! I swear, they do things to me. ♥

I'm glad Miria got some development too. She was way too precious, especially with Mika! I love her even more now! I actually haven't heard the drama CDs, but I thought for a second when I saw her baby sister that Miria would have to miss out on work to take care of her while her mother was away. Glad that wasn't the case.

Who said kindergarteners can't still be glamorous? Or in Miria's case, onee-chans?

Candy Island the next focus, huh? I hope so. Kana-chan and Chieri could use a bit of development too (especially since the sugar angel is one of my top girls).

Eab1990

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 07, 2015, 09:31:35 pm »
Damn, A-1's really outdoing themselves here now. We've still got rampant drama and seemingly random idols getting in and out of focus, but this week's drama actually went places and led to some great character development. Maybe Miria will finally get more love now.

And thank fucking god that Momoka finally got a chance to shine. Half of LMBG got the shaft though, either by showing up and not having a voice (Mai, Koharu), or by not showing up at all (Chika, Yume, Arisu, and lol Wakaba).

Really hype for next episode if it's Chieri's turn to develop.

I keep seeing/hearing about Miria's supposed baby brother, and I don't understand why, because she quite clearly says "imouto" in all the official material I've seen/heard.

http://cgtranslation.blogspot.kr/2015/05/idol-mster-cinderella-girls-mezase.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQ9LuZeaWw&t=1m40s (mistranslated here, not that the sub quality is great to begin with)