Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 188851 times)

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #510 on: July 24, 2015, 08:31:18 pm »
Yes, Koi Kaze is an insert, and it isn't just some 5 second backdrop either :3
Argh, need to watch this episode ASAP lol

monomarquis

• Apprentice
  • Natsuki's Mom & Cat Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 24, 2015, 08:33:38 pm »
They make Kaede so like-able and amazing it's no wonder she ranks so high in the polls every year. Good episode Kaede for home town hero. All the sad idols really make the heart ache I tell you.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 24, 2015, 08:39:06 pm »
Kaede Takagai: This Week's MVP and the TRUE People's Champion.

Couldn't agree with you more.  Holy damn, she has so much class; turning down Mishiro for her fans... That was the first time I felt any genuine emotion from this series.  Brilliant execution, many tears were shed.  I also liked that moment when Uzuki reminded them to keep doing their best at whatever they could do in her cute, airheaded way, with that melancholic S(mile)ing! instrumental arrange starting to play in the background.  I hope they continue to keep this up!

The new OP is pretty good.  Cute new outfits are cute.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 08:44:26 pm by Nayre »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 25, 2015, 12:19:07 am »
Am I the only one baffled by Mishiro's motives here?

Ok, so she dissolves basically everything, including the Mizuki/Airi program and the Cinderella Project, but like... They're established idols. With established fanbases. It's not like she's getting rid of girls that have NO fan base whatsoever. And real life idol fanatics are VICIOUS. like why she do this. Not just from an "aw don't hurt my girls" way, but in a business way. It's silly.

I mean she's obviously supposed to be the evil stepmother so it can just be "for the evulz" but... Idk.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #514 on: July 25, 2015, 12:34:55 am »

Ok, so she dissolves basically everything, including the Mizuki/Airi program and the Cinderella Project, but like... They're established idols. With established fanbases. It's not like she's getting rid of girls that have NO fan base whatsoever. And real life idol fanatics are VICIOUS. like why she do this. Not just from an "aw don't hurt my girls" way, but in a business way. It's silly.

I mean she's obviously supposed to be the evil stepmother so it can just be "for the evulz" but... Idk.

Mishiro did explain that she was dissatisfied with the pacing of how the Idol Division is developing and wants to take everything her direction. From what she specified, it kinda gives off a "only the grand idols will move on and the rest will be left for dust" motif; sorta like a Social Darwinist for idols. :p Also, as shown by her inability to comprehend Kaede sacrificing a huge role for her fans, she just doesn't understand the personal aspect of being an idol. Her mind is completely in the business side of the industry and nothing else.

However, it WOULD be interesting to see how fans in-universe will take these decisions.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #515 on: July 25, 2015, 02:27:48 am »

From a business standpoint, it just seems like downsizing or "restructuring" that companies often do that isn't completely shutting down the whole company. Having worked retail, these happens a lot. But... Yeah, these are idols with a sizable audience, so if it came to them be fired (or "graduating" if they do that in this universe) then they could get picked up by another studio or even go independent. They'll be okay. Just like how the members of BiS went on to create their own groups or labels. I get that they don't want to separate, but when you want to be an idol and follow your dreams you gotta make some compromises.

What I absolutely loved in this episode: the photo that call-backs to the fans that were in the audience for Kaede's debut. Well, there were at least two I counted. I'm not one to cry, but this pushed me to near welling up!

Tengu B

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 25, 2015, 03:17:41 am »
What Kaede said this episode was one of the most Idolmaster-like things I heard. Wanting to become great alongside her fans is great resolution.

What I absolutely loved in this episode: the photo that call-backs to the fans that were in the audience for Kaede's debut. Well, there were at least two I counted. I'm not one to cry, but this pushed me to near welling up!

There were apparently several debut fans, and moments like that are wonderful.

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 25, 2015, 08:21:38 am »
I'll be honest with you people, I know Mishiro's just reorganizing the company like that, but she made it look so painful. It would be a irreverent and outright offensive hyperbole to compare it to Pol Pot's reorganization of Cambodia during the Khmer Rouge era due to the lack of horrendous crimes against humanity happening, but I certainly felt it that way for me. To put this into perspective, imagine the feeling of having a sour mouth and stomach, without the actual physical pain and taste associated with it. That's how it felt for me.

It doesn't help that Miss Mishiro mentioned something about wanting to produce more results and some sort of marketing the company's output overseas. If I interpret this personally, she's wanting to turn the idols like those pop stars in the US or Western countries in general. That's certainly not good thing, considering how Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus has attracted contempt with the music fans.

And I really like the focus on Kaede on this episode. It just doesn't show her mindset as a idol, but also underscores Miss Mishiro's intentions for the company: It seems that she wants to turn it into a soulless versficator, no regard for the much-needed sentimentality and dreaminess associated with the arts, nor any respect for the fans that give them capital and support. It doesn't help that the new office for the Cinderella Project looks like some underground bunker for a resistance organization, with all its concrete walls, as if the analogy is already clear to all of us.

But yes, I like this episode myself.

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 25, 2015, 06:04:11 pm »
And I really like the focus on Kaede on this episode. It just doesn't show her mindset as a idol, but also underscores Miss Mishiro's intentions for the company: It seems that she wants to turn it into a soulless versficator, no regard for the much-needed sentimentality and dreaminess associated with the arts, nor any respect for the fans that give them capital and support. It doesn't help that the new office for the Cinderella Project looks like some underground bunker for a resistance organization, with all its concrete walls, as if the analogy is already clear to all of us.

But yes, I like this episode myself.
Indeed. I liked the fact that it showed Kaede as more than just another character to show in the anime, and how it added more depth to the plot which helped elaborate and potentially foreshadow a coming of events.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #519 on: July 28, 2015, 01:38:25 am »
So, Rocking Girl is totally not getting anymore chapters right now, but Cinderella Girls is getting its own serialization in Comic REX. It looks to follow the anime.

http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/07/27/459/

Mangaka is Ueto Sou. Don't know what else he's done.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #520 on: July 28, 2015, 01:40:18 am »
So, Rocking Girl is totally not getting anymore chapters right now

...... Good. Rocking Girl isn't good, anyway.

I hope this is similar to Mana's 765 manga that had side-stories in the anime continuity. That's always enjoyable.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 28, 2015, 01:45:22 am »
However, it WOULD be interesting to see how fans in-universe will take these decisions.
Also, in the classic 765 Idolm@ster we had Miki who took fairly active role in boosting her own career. If she were mismanaged by the 346 tops like that, she'd be jumping ship in a moment (proviso how watertight her contract is - we could imagine that 765 left that possibility open where the presumed legion of 346 lawers might not). Thus far we don't see anyone so spirited in the dejected crew. Not even Miku

monomarquis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 28, 2015, 03:31:45 am »
The preview for episode 16 is up and it looks like it's gonna be focused on Nana a bit.

monomarquis

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 31, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »
Andddd the girls voiced in this episode are Suzuho,Emi, Tamami, and Ayame. A big win for passion girls today. Minus Tamami she's a cool.

Suzuho is voiced by Haruno Nanami (春野ななみ)
Emi is voiced by  Arisa Date (伊達朱里紗)
Tamami is voiced by  Misa Kayama (嘉山未紗)
Ayame is voice by Masumi Tazawa (田澤茉純)

(if i dont have one of these right let me know)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:38:02 pm by monomarquis »

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 31, 2015, 06:19:41 pm »
Today's episode was one of cameos especially for passion (and this made me remember when some people complained that passion idols didn't get love. I hope for next week to have lot's of cute idols cameos xdd)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:21:19 pm by Johnrevenge »