Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 188980 times)

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #495 on: July 19, 2015, 11:09:20 pm »
Goddarn, I didn't even know Aki Yamato appeared! Goddarn it! [Grumbles.]

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #496 on: July 20, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BTStY_3_2y4
Who's ready for more rain and Zack Snyder grayness?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 20, 2015, 04:21:36 pm »
Now that I saw the preview, I'm more worried, I think that this new character will behave like Kuroi and she will probably bully the Cinderella Project...

Although it's good to see Kaede again, I think that she'll have a bigger role in this season.

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 20, 2015, 11:30:24 pm »
As long as she isn't a Kuroi copypasta, I'm okay...Nothing against Kuroi, he's cool and all, but still...
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

OniZetto

• ちーちゃんは徹底してるな!
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #499 on: July 20, 2015, 11:34:34 pm »
As long as she isn't a Kuroi copypasta, I'm okay...Nothing against Kuroi, he's cool and all, but still...

Unforgivable jerk, don't forget he almost ruin Chihaya.

空は限界を全然持っていない、トップをめざし続けなさい!お願い!アイマス
Oni's iM@S Racing Project - Let's Aim for the Podium!!

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 21, 2015, 12:15:56 am »
She seems more Lawful Evil than him, tbh. Also you can actually see her face lol.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 21, 2015, 01:09:35 am »

Unforgivable jerk, don't forget he almost ruin Chihaya.

She seems more Lawful Evil than him, tbh. Also you can actually see her face lol.

The way I see it, both Kuroi and Mishiro are the main antagonists of their respective stories and are absolute jerks, but for different reasons.

Kuroi was more of a direct villain in 2011. His main goal was to ruin 765 no matter what it takes, thus making him a more direct threat to the idols. His actions and motives were more of a cartoon or comic book villain with schemes that'll sabotage 765 and only because he wants to see them crumble and suffer. Kuroi's overall theme being revenge.

Mishiro, on the other hand, is an indirect villain in this situation. Like Maka said, she's more of a Lawful Evil character. Her actions and goals are still selfish, but instead of a cartoon villain, it's more of a malicious boss.  Judging from the end of EP14, she wants to restructure 346's idol division into a way she sees fit, no matter what opposition she has. She knows she can do this because "I am the head of this division, thus you will all follow me without question". Mishiro's overall theme being control.

So while they do have their similarities, such as being head figures in a company and having a heavy motif with the color black, they each have their own motivational differences. Due to this, I wouldn't worry about Mishrio being a retread of Kuroi.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Nargrakhan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: July 21, 2015, 07:02:52 pm »
Loved episode 14. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Sure... it wasn't super exciting, but it really put down the ground work for some great potential.

The handling of Mayu was awesome. Her entire shtick of being a yandere makes her somewhat one-dimensional and very predictable as far general characterization goes, but it was great to see how utterly oblivious the other idols were to how unhealthy that kind of obsession is, stays on key with CG lore. Overall her cameo was enough to make you want more, but not so much you'd tire of it. Also the things we visually saw her capable of, made her much more creepier than the CD drama tracks could do with just sound.  8)

I also felt great when the series cemented that other Producers are responsible for the various girls. Keeps things more "realistic" -- and the twist helps explain why Mayu isn't trying to kill any of the Cinderella Project members.

While Mishiro's actions in the after credits are troubling, it doesn't make her a bad person. We don't know her intentions yet. She may very well believe her plan is for the company's interests, and just because it could turn out to be a mistake, does not mean it was evil or selfish. She was mentioned to be returning from the American branch, which she may have made super successful (and a reason for being transferred back to the Japanese branch).

Also... that scene with Mishiro fixing P-kun's tie seems to be setting a ship on sail for some fans.  If she proves popular enough, mayhaps she will appear in the 4-koma/game settings?

***EDIT***
Still crossing my fingers that Staff-san makes an appearance (or gets mentioned) in the anime. The man needs more idol love.  :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:18:20 pm by Nargrakhan »

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 22, 2015, 12:58:11 pm »
I can't get myself to pass any judgement on Miss Mishiro as of now, despite that shocking turn of events she proposed.

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 24, 2015, 06:13:30 pm »
The new episode just hit -- and one's adoration of Kaede is justified. That's all I can say about this one.
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:26 pm »
Kaede Takagai: This Week's MVP and the TRUE People's Champion.
Haikus are easy
Refrigerator

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 24, 2015, 06:31:10 pm »
Just watched this week episode and kudos for Kaede

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 24, 2015, 08:14:54 pm »
Kaede has made an appearance for more than 5 seconds. I'm contempt now.
Not removing this sig until Kachou Fuugetsu becomes more than a 5-page side story.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 24, 2015, 08:16:47 pm »
I could only watch the first seven minutes because I needed to leave somewhere, but:

koikaze insert??? I saw a pic and freaked out

Vas

• Apprentice
  • Generic forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 24, 2015, 08:24:33 pm »
Yes, Koi Kaze is an insert, and it isn't just some 5 second backdrop either :3