Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 212574 times)

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #120 on: January 25, 2015, 07:26:44 am »
I don't know, I'd rather be partial with Anzu gaining a personal episode just by the virtue of finding something redeemable about her. Slightly, even; it wouldn't be a good reflection on the series' overall character development, otherwise.

But given the girl's archetype, it's hardly looking grandiose -- it's looking plain "Anzu" right now. :P
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 25, 2015, 05:26:04 pm »
I don't know, I'd rather be partial with Anzu gaining a personal episode just by the virtue of finding something redeemable about her. Slightly, even; it wouldn't be a good reflection on the series' overall character development, otherwise.
Pretty much how I'm feeling about it. I'm treating this series as a "give me reasons why I should like these characters/be interested in CG," and if they specifically chose the characters they did for their development opportunities, then I hope to see actual development, including for the characters I dislike.

I actually liked Rika's appearances a lot more than I expected I would.
Miku, though... granted, I've never played the game but she really comes off badly to me so far. For those who have, are those sore-losing recations normal for her?

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 25, 2015, 05:48:52 pm »
The only CG in the concert scene was the stage itself at some parts, so they're basically 2D animations dancing on a CG stage. Of course, that's not what you're focusing on- you're focusing on the dancers- so most people aren't going to see it or care. Compare the terrible CG during MASTERPIECE in the movie. Or even Love Live, which I love... But they look like soulless mannequins most of the time.

The iffy animation during the rest of the episode didn't bother me much at all, honestly. It was good for a chuckle or two but it wasn't terrible.

Speaking of Anzu, I'm sure she'll get her episode, but it'll just be a joke episode or barely focused on her, like Iori's. She's a lot more vocal in game, though. She does a lot of complaining instead of just dangling or flopping around.

And Miku... It's been literally years since I played the tutorial, but I don't remember her being as tsundere pre-recruitment? Sachiko is definitely the sore loser of the rivals. She's more... It's hard to explain, but she's more of a tease towards the producer. But she's not interacting with other girls in her lines, so.

I'm very happy with all this Anya. She's my fave CG so I'm faithfully looking forward to her episode~

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #123 on: January 25, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »
I hope they at least TRY to give every character some sort of spotlight and development in their respective episode. One of the biggest problems with the 2011 anime for me was that some characters got completely shafted in their own episode (looking at you, Episode 16) and it felt like not everybody got their time to shine. I hope they learned their lesson here and give each character at least SOMETHING. Who knows, maybe Anzu might have more to her than "lazy loli".

Also, I don't know why, but Anya and Minami work pretty well together. Maybe it's the whole "big sis/foreigner" match-up they have that just works so well.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 25, 2015, 06:42:16 pm »
Does anyone know who voiced Rookie Trainer from episode 3?

chaos176

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2015, 06:54:00 pm »
Does anyone know who voiced Rookie Trainer from episode 3?

according to the fever Friday night page and the wiki. It's Fujimura Ayumi, the same VA that do Veteran Trainer voice.

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2015, 05:53:33 am »
I hope they at least TRY to give every character some sort of spotlight and development in their respective episode. One of the biggest problems with the 2011 anime for me was that some characters got completely shafted in their own episode (looking at you, Episode 16) and it felt like not everybody got their time to shine. I hope they learned their lesson here and give each character at least SOMETHING. Who knows, maybe Anzu might have more to her than "lazy loli".

They might save on time and go for an An-kira episode.
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2015, 08:44:25 am »
I'm treating this series as a "give me reasons why I should like these characters/be interested in CG," and if they specifically chose the characters they did for their development opportunities, then I hope to see actual development, including for the characters I dislike.

I feel the same way. So far a lot of the characters feel like gimmicky one-trick-ponies to me, with rather strange tricks at that...

Zhlink

• Greenhorn
  • : S
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr page-
« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2015, 11:21:39 am »
I feel the same way. So far a lot of the characters feel like gimmicky one-trick-ponies to me, with rather strange tricks at that...
I think that's kinda the point of the game; having each character have one particular quirk and letting others choose from the bunch-
But at least now that they're in the anime, there's lesser characters to focus on? Hopefully it gives them some space to flesh out the characters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:23:17 am by Zhlink »

Naryoril

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2015, 11:57:05 am »
I think that's kinda the point of the game; having each character have one particular quirk and letting others choose from the bunch-
But at least now that they're in the anime, there's lesser characters to focus on? Hopefully it gives them some space to flesh out the characters.

That might work in a simple card game, but it doesn't really work in an anime imo. I really hope they flesh them out, otherwise all they'll do is dragging the anime down.

Nargrakhan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2015, 01:30:56 pm »
Miku, though... granted, I've never played the game but she really comes off badly to me so far. For those who have, are those sore-losing recations normal for her?

Miku can become confrontational and rebellious when she doesn't get her way. The best example being her Master Collection drama track. I don't think any other idol got away with abusing/ignoring Staff-san that much, without getting pulled off the air or punishment trolling.

Isn't extreme stubbornness a stereotypical trait of house cats?

Sachiko is definitely the sore loser of the rivals. She's more... It's hard to explain, but she's more of a tease towards the producer.

Sachiko is egotistical and has a scathing tongue when talking with others. Sometimes she can be a "stealth insult-er", using nice words when describing something/someone, but with a ugly hidden meaning. On the flip side, she will sometimes use insulting words, but actually be praising you (mostly applies the Producer; there's some tsundre in her). The key factor is Sachiko never lowers herself, or raises another person's status above her. She's always the Queen Bee in her little universe. The more Sachiko likes you, the more Sachiko will let you bask in her presence and praise her.  To Sachiko, that's the best honor anyone else can have... because no one else can ever be as great as Sachiko. Whenever she screws up, she always makes up excuses or justifications why it wasn't really her fault.

There are of course, curve balls in her character development though. For example she's very nice to younger children, has a strong sense of repaying debts, and karma that always bites her in the ass.

If I was forced to pick the "sorest loser" personality among the CG's... IMHO it would be Reina Koseki (she'll prank you for revenge)... or maybe Mayu under specific circumstances (that yandere jealousy of hers).

Also, I don't know why, but Anya and Minami work pretty well together. Maybe it's the whole "big sis/foreigner" match-up they have that just works so well.

Call it bias, but I think Anya + Ranko works together, being that Anya tends to mimic other idols under the false impression it's "ordinary Japanese behavior" she should try to adapt, and Ranko is one of the last persons anyone should think is normal. Plus given the "language barrier" Anya suffers from, she will probably never fully decipher Ranko-speak. So much gold comedic potential lies there. :)

according to the fever Friday night page and the wiki. It's Fujimura Ayumi, the same VA that do Veteran Trainer voice.

All four Trainers will have the same VA. It's all part of their character trait of being so physically alike. The four could have passed for quadruplets, if they weren't born in different years.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:43:09 pm by Nargrakhan »

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
So far, I'm impressed with the pacing and the animation. Everything in this anime seems to have such glitz and sparkle!
I'm really loving everything about it! Watch out, KanColle, you got a heavy competitor this season!

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2015, 05:46:53 pm »
I actually meant Miku was the tease, but yeah :0 Miku's super fickle too.

Next episode preview. Featuring the Cool idols, a camcorder, and Mizuki and Akane chatting about the next concert (which leads Akane to start preparing for it RIGHT NOW!!!!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bZO5xsh5EYg

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2015, 06:50:24 pm »
Next episode preview. Featuring the Cool idols, a camcorder, and Mizuki and Akane chatting about the next concert (which leads Akane to start preparing for it RIGHT NOW!!!!)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bZO5xsh5EYg

This is looking like a very casual episode. Makes sense as a break from all the concerts and introductions. Can't wait!
Though from the looks of it, maybe the next few episodes are gonna group everyone by types? Which is nice. Can't wait to see more Anya and Minami,.

Watch out, KanColle, you got a heavy competitor this season!

... Not like that's hard to do. *shot*
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

zaitcev

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2015, 07:16:28 am »
Aww, man, the 03. I learned to make peace with the whole "Anya" thing, but remembering that it's the Japanese who came up with it, so shkata ga nai yo dawg. But how that they make Anastasiya use Russian first and then re-say things is just utterly unbearable. Nobody does that. It's retarded. Poor Sumipe has to voice it all out. I hope she's paid well enough.

Did anyone notice that animation goes really broken all the time, especially in the faces? In some places the distance between eyes changes. CG, hah. I wish it were CG, at least the computer would render the model correctly and consistently. Well, actually, I don't. I hate CG. Still, with result like that, no wonder CG is advancing.

On the upside, the "night before battle" sequence was masterful. A very good episode in other parts as well. But I had to turn volume way down when Anya was speaking, just to prevent myself from puking. Hopefuly it's just the tri-lingual immigrant thing and Japanese viewers didn't even notice anything amiss.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:19:17 am by zaitcev »