Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 212581 times)

Clear Blue

• Producer
  • Omigosh!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2015, 07:42:10 am »
For those who still can't wat CG anime, try this one! Comes with English subs!

First time watching...I don't really know what to expect. They did put a lot of detail into it, but this...

was unexpected...totally didn't expect the Producer to look like that.
"My name's Amagase Touma, A-ma-ga-se To-u-ma, got it?" - Amagase Touma

Cael K.

• Producer
  • Dark Slayer Style!
    • View Profile
    • Memories of Melon Pan
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2015, 08:00:33 am »
Daisuki subs made me cringe. They probably didn't have long to write them, and had to be rushed out like what. Though at the very least, the sheer amount of times I heard ganbarimasu or yoroshiku onegaishimasu made me bang my head against the wall. Okay, not really, but you get the picture. Guh, I hate translating those line myself sometimes.

The episode itself did NOT suck, which I am thoroughly pleased with. I was afraid they'd go on a roller coaster introduction ride and get nothing accomplished, but they didn't. They kept their focus on all they could handle at once, and kept things pretty real. The comedy was pretty good, the in-jokes were great, the animation was gorgeous, the pacing... maybe slow, but still well-paced. It didn't seem like they were padding scenes just to make their 22 minutes, or that they were rushing through it.

Producer was great, and a refreshing take on all our usual P's. It's strange, but it's like he's Yukiho's big brother or something. He just poker faces while Yukiho freaks out.

... Come to think of it, how many episodes are there supposed to be of this?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 08:08:25 am by Cael K. »
Cael's Im@s Ranking: Azusa, Yumeko, Tomomi, Haruka

How to get stuff from Japan without causing things to explode in a shower of sparks and misery: http://forum.project-imas.com/index.php/topic,1108.0.html

Memories of Melon Pan: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/
Translations: http://www.mediafire.com/?hzc4b0jy7pwll

Currently translating (text only):
S(mile)ING! (English version, singable) - http://d.hatena.ne.jp/caelk/20140911/1410422445
Neue Green, Volume 3 - Will start sometime. ^_^;;
Rockin' Girl, Volume 1 (Chapters 1-5) - http://www.mediafire.com/?z00ffkvg5ocg11e

Virgofall

• *curtsy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2015, 03:27:00 pm »
Be aware that given the context it's NSFW
Lel.
Totally convinced this is intentional on Mayu's part. Seriously though, how2paintbucket

As someone who's pretty neutral-to-negative on the spinoffs, I'd say the first episode's doing okay. I'm not quite sure how to feel about our new producer yet, mostly because... well, he's very dead(pan). I'm either going to really love him or I'm going to really hate him. This is our first ep, though, so I refuse to pass judgement until a few more come to be.

On that note, since I know someone brought this up, I'm thinking that Mayu will probably be shown in interactions with a different producer (this company is practically a media giant, they can't have just one producer). One of the main girls is talking to this other guy, random Mayu appears and reveals herself as his idol, acts really creepy towards them, shenanigans.

SideM

• Greenhorn
  • We are PSYCHO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2015, 03:01:56 am »
I know nothing about Cinderella Girls, so this is my first time seeing the new idols and learning their names. I think the first episode did a good job of introducing the two of them. Like others said, it had a very slow and relaxed pace, so I didn't feel hard-pressed to learn 15 different names before the things starting happening. And I love the producer, his awkwardness was endearing. He probably has something up his sleeve. And he seems like the reserved kind that needs to be thrown into some crazy situations, and I'm pretty sure he will be.

Zhlink

• Greenhorn
  • : S
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr page-
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2015, 03:08:09 am »
I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into some repackaged version of the original idolmasters, but so far the first episode's feeling really nice. I don't know if that's just me or CG, but hopefully the latter.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2015, 07:38:27 pm »
Fun Fact: locations in the anime are actually based on real-life Japanese locations, as point out in this SGCafe article.

http://sgcafe.com/2015/01/idolmster-fans-identify-real-life-locations-featured-cinderella-girls-first-episode/
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

animagic4u

• Producer
  • #seiyuusports
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2015, 11:13:09 pm »
Speaking of which, there was a Twitter meme going on shortly after the episode aired where people would see actual products in the show (say for instance, Rin's pen) and then figure out the real product it was based on.
So it's also based off reality in general.

SakuraMaxX

• Producer
  • (/・Д・)/NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2015, 11:18:46 pm »
Speaking of which, there was a Twitter meme going on shortly after the episode aired where people would see actual products in the show (say for instance, Rin's pen) and then figure out the real product it was based on.
So it's also based off reality in general.

AkuAkane

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »
Looks like the preview for the next episode of the anime has been posted on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McMb9GP71-k

Nargrakhan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »
I'm liking this new Producer as well. Considering how much eccentric and usual personality quirks are a major factor of each idol, the Producer being a stoic pokerface fellow should prove very interesting. He's more straight man than Rin! His subtle lack of people skills is really funny to.

I'm also rather amused how he seems more suited to be a FATE/Stay character. The deep voice... the imposing height... the badass suit. All he needs is insane hand to hand combat skills and a Servant. :P

-What's the use in including Mayu if she's not going to have a Producer to yandere over? That's... kind of the entire point of her character.

I don't think the fawning attention she'd throw on the Producer would be a problem. The "dere" is issue free.
The problem is the "yan" part. Character development for a yandere, is the process of eliminating her rivals and/or locking her love interest in a dungeon.
Mayu is perpetually locked on the line between insane obsession and murder spree. She can't cross into the blood rage, because that's not what iM@S is about... nor can she lose her love craziness. So Mayu is development frozen to maintain her appeal and not shake the status quo. She'd be fun for an episode or two... but then would get old pretty fast, if there's no actual violence (which is part of the yan-mode appeal).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 02:51:23 pm by Nargrakhan »

ChocoCats

• Producer
  • Yoshi♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2015, 09:21:23 pm »

DeviantProtagonist

• Producer
  • 本当にありがとう, あずみん.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2015, 09:46:46 pm »
Relevant to our new CV's upcoming;

"It's your turn, next Producer!"
Suddenly, bow-wow-wow~. :3

Tafira

• Apprentice
  • Casual Fan :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:16 am »
Though at the very least, the sheer amount of times I heard ganbarimasu or yoroshiku onegaishimasu made me bang my head against the wall. Okay, not really, but you get the picture.

This. I started counting after the 2nd time Uzuki said 'ganbarimasu!'.  It's a funny character quirk though.
I'm not too familiar with the CG series as a whole, but I'm interested in how this will turn out. The more IM@S the better!
I do wonder why Mio was literally crammed in the last 5 seconds.
But, the contrast between Rin and Uzuki made me chuckle inside - as well as the different take on Producer-san.

(However I wonder how many times he is going to say 'egao desu'?)

How are you guys watching it? I was going to wait for Daisuki subs, but I got impatient and torrented a 720p version.

MetalPredat0r

• Producer
  • No Copyright Law in the Universe is gonna stop me!
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter if you want.
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2015, 01:25:41 am »
This. I started counting after the 2nd time Uzuki said 'ganbarimasu!'.  It's a funny character quirk though.
I'm not too familiar with the CG series as a whole, but I'm interested in how this will turn out. The more IM@S the better!
I do wonder why Mio was literally crammed in the last 5 seconds.
But, the contrast between Rin and Uzuki made me chuckle inside - as well as the different take on Producer-san.

(However I wonder how many times he is going to say 'egao desu'?)

How are you guys watching it? I was going to wait for Daisuki subs, but I got impatient and torrented a 720p version.

I'm watching it via a website called masterani.me, since the Daisuki subs require I turn off my adblocker. Doesn't help that I saw Episode 1 at school where ads are ALWAYS blocked. :p
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Nargrakhan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »
Second episode introduced the remaining 11 idols... lots of CG cameos... with an extended one for Nana Abe and Mika Jougasaki.

Looks like we got the official OP sequence.

No one translated Ranko-speak for the audience.  :P

There was a key moment in the second episode (an interaction between him and Kaede Takagaki), that confirmed the Producer does not manage (or has been introduced to) all 200+ CG idols. The other (non-main 14) idols seem to have different Producers. Makes sense, given that 346 Pro is presented as a MASSIVE entertainment corporation. He shouldn't be the only person responsible for hundreds.

Loved how they hinted at the possible character development for the Producer. The idols wanted him to join in with a group photo, but he declined... could just be the whole professionalism angle (the photographer didn't seem to mind taking one shot like that though)... but I like to think the show will reveal how how the idols change him for the better, as he changes their lives.

Oh! Veteran Trainer has a VA now... though I didn't see her name in the credits.

Love me some Chihiro Senkawa! Needs moar Chihiro Senkawa!! Can never have enough Chihiro Senkawa!!!

***EDIT***
Just realized that Mika Jougasaki got an intro like the other 14 main idols (her name shown in gold text; other idols like Nana Abe didn't get that treatment), and she's featured in the OP sequence.
She may not be one of the Producer's idols, but I think we're going to see a lot of her this season.

I'm hoping we might get to see what Staff-san looks like in the anime.  8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:35:24 pm by Nargrakhan »