Username: Password:

Author Topic: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion  (Read 192103 times)

Chihayaa

• View Profile
Re: The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Anime Discussion
« Reply #630 on: September 12, 2015, 02:35:26 am »
A-1 Pictures is REALLY good at inciting emotions so far. My heart was pretty much pounding the entire episode.

Also, including some S(mil)ing foreshadowing was just amazing. I can't wait to see what they do with best girl!

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: September 12, 2015, 02:36:40 am »
I don't want to wait till 14th of october for full trancing pulse -.-

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: September 12, 2015, 03:55:24 am »
Actually, I think Roswell's image song connection may have a point here. The trick with Shimamu is that she felt too hesitant/helpless without Rin and Mio...remember how she didn't know what to say about Rin's decision to move forward with Traid Primus? Think S(mile)ing...she might need some time to break out of her shell and find her own voice (rather than try to reunite NG)...which could be the "glass slipper" she needs to make a comeback in time for the winter ball.

Ah sorry, fail on my part.  What I meant by that was the similar course of unfolding events.
both losing it --> going on depression --> finding way
But I totally agree with with you on your thoughts there.

I don't want to wait till 14th of october for full trancing pulse -.-

Ahhh!  That's so far off!  Oh well, at least the preview is satisfying enough for now.

I'll just leave it here for everyone else also.

Omg, I can't... those vocals... everything... it's so perfect... leaves me breathless every single time.

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: September 12, 2015, 04:32:24 am »
Wait, wasn't it Trancing Prism before??? Is this another Itsumademo, Dokomademo/Watashitachi wa Zutto Deshou???

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #634 on: September 12, 2015, 08:28:22 am »
If things keep up like this I'm expecting Uzuki to shave her head, ala Minegishi and Spears.
I was getting Perfect Blue vibes from her, too. Really, it was more intense than Mayu Sakuma could ever leave an impression with. TakeP pretty thread carefully.

Everyone else seems to be doing well and are happy, so that's fair enough.

Kimiko

• Producer
  • Hi there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 12, 2015, 01:56:34 pm »
Wait, wasn't it Trancing Prism before??? Is this another Itsumademo, Dokomademo/Watashitachi wa Zutto Deshou???

no it was trancing pulse all along ^^

Ivan The Mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 12, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »
This week on Cinderella Gurls, we seem to have witnessed Takeuchi-P's first sick burn against the Executive Director. When she said that he seemed to have saved his division, he simply replied something along the lines of just doing his job as someone "who was there". Considering that Miss Mishiro was watching from her high vantage point the whole time, that's a heavy but subtle diss quote from the Producer.

But now, we've got Uzuki going on some sorta catatonic or auto-pilot state, I dunno. I would like to call this state of mind as "production paranoia". It's like "potluck paranoia", but the insecurity comes from the question "Am I doing good enough?"

But yeah, we'll have a full deck of Cinderella Girls on the next concert. Woop-de-freakin'-doo, people.

nastynate

• Greenhorn
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
    • idolnotes.net
« Reply #637 on: September 18, 2015, 07:08:41 pm »
Wow. Until NewGen gets up and running again, I'll just feel sorry for Uzuki. I'm kind of sorry for her, but I'm also mad at her for disrupting Mio and Rin. Yeah, it kind of came around from the beginning when Rin joined and Mio locked herself in her room, but those two have something going on for them now. Uzuki feels left behind, which, yeah, she is. She's basically the Tito of the Jackson 5, but to her that's a bad thing. Ah, well.

Next week should be gangbuster!

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 18, 2015, 11:05:12 pm »
(That one "you can actually pinpoint the moment his heart rips in half" Simpsons gag)

All jokes aside, DANG. That part where Uzuki was just sobbing may or may not have broken my heart. Oh god I used to think she was horrifically generic and now I just want to give her a big hug.

suzushinayuriko

• Witness my true power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: September 18, 2015, 11:55:15 pm »
Aghhh, that moment when she says "The Producer said I had a nice smile... but... smiling, laughing, anyone can do that!" and starts crying just kills me.

I don't really know much about the card game, but didn't something happen where Uzuki's popularity was lagging and she fell behind everyone else? If it was intentional to make that a vital part of her character development, it's cool they invoked a meta aspect for the anime.

Also, I totally called Mishiro attempting to terminate her from the company.

Chihayaa

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: September 19, 2015, 01:00:10 am »
That voice acting gave me goosebumps. Probably one of the most realistic crying ever shed in an anime ;-;

Also, it seems they're pushing the final episode another week for a Special Program? They'll probably make an amazing final episode. This week's just lacked something that I can't pinpoint for some reason.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: September 19, 2015, 01:56:56 am »
Whew, that honestly hit me a lot harder than I was prepared for.  That whole event from her being confronted by Rin and Mio all the way to her breaking down had me stuggling(in vain) to keep my tears at bay.  Seriously though, I'm glad they put some thought and effort into Uzuki's arc, I was getting a little worried tbh.  I can't wait to see how this all follows up next episode, which seems to be pushed back a week for another special.(Gah, the timing! >.<)  Well, now's a good time to listen to that S(mile)ing!, Rin ver.  Sing, for Uzuki! XD
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:59:09 am by Nayre »

Maka

• Producer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 19, 2015, 02:26:39 am »
Aghhh, that moment when she says "The Producer said I had a nice smile... but... smiling, laughing, anyone can do that!" and starts crying just kills me.

I don't really know much about the card game, but didn't something happen where Uzuki's popularity was lagging and she fell behind everyone else? If it was intentional to make that a vital part of her character development, it's cool they invoked a meta aspect for the anime.
Uzuki's story regarding that was that Uzuki was largely ignored for most of the first couple months of the game. She had one of the weakest cards, no SRares (back when that was a good judge of how popular a character was, now everyone has like at least 3), and really nothing going for her- her stats were so weak that she was basically unusable.

But then it became kind of a meme how ignored she was, especially since Rin was like instantly popular. Basically she became popular for being unpopular and not catching up to the other girls who were getting powerful cards (Azuki got an SR before her- when was the last time you heard anything about Azuki?). The "she's too generic" vibe a lot of people got turned into a kind of character trait. And that was how she got popular! Now basically the "Shimamura-San pity" meme is in the past since she's one of the most popular characters and the poster girl for the series along Rin.

Johnrevenge

• Apprentice
  • Forum member
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: September 19, 2015, 09:37:59 am »
It was a good episode and they managed well Uzuki's insecurities and fears. This episode confirmed that Mishiro won a place in Hell.

Nayre

• Haisai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 19, 2015, 09:51:32 am »
Azuki got an SR before her- when was the last time you heard anything about Azuki?

Huh, wut? Who dat? O.o

Oh...

Hmmm.  Kawaii.